Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:12 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:40 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:55 am
SOO 3 total ratings thus far: 2.520M. When BVOD is known it will be around 2.8M. The third most watched program of the year. Meaning Rugby League how holds the top 3 spots for 2021.

I suspect the only broadcasts likely to challenge them is the NRL and AFL grand finals. It looks like RL will once again have 4 of the top 5 shows of the year.

And in more good news game 3 was won by Qld. Which will keep the broadcasters and Peter The Great happy and ensure great numbers again for next years series!!!
Yet the AFL get more $$$

This only goes to show how much we dominate the comparison of comps
You keep saying this pal! But once again you are wrong! Last deal the AFL got $2.5M for 6 years and the NRL got $1.9M for 5 years. And as you and your fumbling mates repeatedly tell us the AFL goes for 30% longer. So based on value per minute the NRL actually gets more.

I suspect you will dismiss this reasoning and replace it with your usual glad bag grab of excuses. What ya got pal?????

And as to the point of my post: top rating TV programs in Australia for 2021 -
1. Rugby League
2. Rugby League
3, Rugby League

Pretty comprehensive I would say!!!!!
in terms of a product best fit for FTA TV - AFL should be getting more $$$ due to extra advertising

FTA is getting lower each year,
where AFL is it strongest.

Where NRL is it strongest.
FOX and Streaming is getting bigger each year.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

I See Fox now has a channel on FTA (only a news channel) but , I guess programming could be changed. Would this make it eligible to now bid for the the NRL FTA rights?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:31 pm
I See Fox now has a channel on FTA (only a news channel) but , I guess programming could be changed. Would this make it eligible to now bid for the the NRL FTA rights?
Sky News Channel.
i doubt they would, Sky News on FTA only has a small following and reach.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:55 am
SOO 3 total ratings thus far: 2.520M. When BVOD is known it will be around 2.8M. The third most watched program of the year. Meaning Rugby League how holds the top 3 spots for 2021.

I suspect the only broadcasts likely to challenge them is the NRL and AFL grand finals. It looks like RL will once again have 4 of the top 5 shows of the year.

And in more good news game 3 was won by Qld. Which will keep the broadcasters and Peter The Great happy and ensure great numbers again for next years series!!!
Yet the AFL get more $$$

You keep saying this pal! But once again you are wrong! Last deal the AFL got $2.5M for 6 years and the NRL got $1.9M for 5 years. And as you and your fumbling mates repeatedly tell us the AFL goes for 30% longer. So based on value per minute the NRL actually gets more.

I suspect you will dismiss this reasoning and replace it with your usual glad bag grab of excuses. What ya got pal?????

1. Rugby League
2. Rugby League
3, Rugby League

The old per minute argument lol.

But but but

If you want for cash lobby for more minutes pal.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Yet the AFL get more $$$

1. Rugby League
2. Rugby League
3, Rugby League

But but but

Well ya see pal its like this. I have never whinged, whined, moaned and groaned about our broadcast deal. In the land of reality the 2 deals are so close in relative terms its idiocy arguing the point.

Which is unlike you on your never-ending, incessant excuses about 'isolation' and other matters effecting your ratings. So I have advised you to lobby Gilty to change the schedule because. I on the other hand live in the land of reality. And am quite happy to stay there.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:26 pm

1. Rugby League
2. Rugby League
3, Rugby League

But but but

Well ya see pal its like this. I have never whinged, whined, moaned and groaned about our broadcast deal. In the land of reality the 2 deals are so close in relative terms its idiocy arguing the point.

Which is unlike you on your never-ending, incessant excuses about 'isolation' and other matters effecting your ratings. So I have advised you to lobby Gilty to change the schedule because. I on the other hand live in the land of reality. And am quite happy to stay there.
I never whinge about our broadcast deal. I bring into context the ratings of games affected by concurrent scheduling because it appears beyond the comprehension of simple tossball fans. :)))
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:38 pm

But but but

I never whinge about our broadcast deal. I bring into context the ratings of games affected by concurrent scheduling because it appears beyond the comprehension of simple tossball fans. :)))
Once again you are incorrect pal. I fully understand your endless ranting. Hence I endlessly advise you to get Gilty to change it if you think it is such an issue. And of course I also add that until he does we have got what we have got...........simple raw numbers.

Hope this helps.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:52 am
Fred wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:27 am
I think that is about right for GWS and Suns playing at midday on a Sunday. No one expects massive rating or even good rating for that game. Is the 80k just for Fox or does it include FTA - I assume it was shown on FTA as well in QLD and NSW at least.
Ive asked you this question close to a million times but never got an answer from you or lol, how many people pay $25 a month ($200 a season) for PTV. Superior picture and add free and then watch the FTA coverage , in this case 7 mate?
I’m not sure what your response has to do with my post or what you thought I may have been alluding to for you to respond with what you have here?

But to your question. I would be surprised if anyone watched the FTA coverage if they had Fox. Why would they??? Again, not sure what this has to do with my original post.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Once again you are incorrect pal. I fully understand your endless ranting. Hence I endlessly advise you to get Gilty to change it if you think it is such an issue. And of course I also add that until he does we have got what we have got...........simple raw numbers.

Hope this helps.
I honestly dont care if our concurrent games rate less, or the fact we have concurrent games. What I find hilarious is you clowns dont understand why concurrent games rate less, and how you think they represent our typical audience, despite clearly rating far less than games in isolation. You guys are too stupid for words
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:03 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Hope this helps.
I honestly dont care if our concurrent games rate less, or the fact we have concurrent games. What I find hilarious is you clowns dont understand why concurrent games rate less, and how you think they represent our typical audience, despite clearly rating far less than games in isolation. You guys are too stupid for words

Yeah, that's all great pal. Now get Gilty to change the scheduling and then we'll see if what you endlessly rant about will make any difference. I think not. But then again I don't think in hypotheticals like you. I look at the numbers. You know, actual tangible real things. And RL is No. 1 pal!!!!!!

Have a great night!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Geelong v Fremantle

FTA METRO 423k

FOX 133k
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:52 am
Geelong v Fremantle

FTA METRO 423k

FOX 133k

Gee, those numbers seem kinda low. Especially considering the game was held in the great god of isolation. And the scheduling was perfect. And there was no other sport on. But gee golly gosh...........that's just a few excuses.........I'm sure there is plenty more!!!!!!!

Maybe the tilt of the moon didn't help. And then there is the vibe...........yeah the vibe is very very important!!!! And maybe if ya stand on one leg whilst juggling eggs that'd help..............yeah that'd be it for sure!!!!!!

What ya got llllllolllller??????
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 am
Geelong v Fremantle

FTA METRO 423k

FOX 133k

Gee, those numbers seem kinda low. Especially considering the game was held in the great god of isolation. And the scheduling was perfect. And there was no other sport on. But gee golly gosh...........that's just a few excuses.........I'm sure there is plenty more!!!!!!!

Maybe the tilt of the moon didn't help. And then there is the vibe...........yeah the vibe is very very important!!!! And maybe if ya stand on one leg whilst juggling eggs that'd help..............yeah that'd be it for sure!!!!!!

Poor ratings for a very poor game
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Wow how embarrassing for the AFL - How embarrassing for LOL. Rugby League gets 2.7million on Wednesday night and the AFL hit back with less than 700 thousand on Thursday night But, But, But 130k in isolation :(/ But, But, But :(/ :blahblah: :blahblah: :rock:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:26 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 am
Geelong v Fremantle

FTA METRO 423k

FOX 133k

Poor ratings for a very poor game

Well, I gotta give credit where credit is due. Well done pal. Finally you've accepted a dose of reality. Here's hoping for the future.