Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:58 pm
LOL what is it you want????????????????? :hmm: You wax lyrical about your competition and how its national - and how great your expansion is. And then You incessantly whinge and whine about how you can't watch the game that you want - games overlap :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: . Face it you game sucks - Its Shit house. Giligan maximises your rating as much as he possibly can with home games on FTA, but lets face it, he cant make some kind of Bellissimo masterpiece from a chaf bag full of horse manure.
nice little rant there pussy :lol:

If the AFL is shit house the NRL must be diabolical. Like for like we beat the NRL more than not.

Your fans are whinging and whining about head-high contact rule changes, threatening to leave the game. RL has a big issue with concussions and the administration can see the writing on the wall regarding future legal action and player numbers dropping due to concussion, yet the fans are up in arms about any change. What a dilema :lol:
As does the NFL you know the game worth $1B a sec.

As the ratings and most watched matches show people prefer contact sports not balarinas with tight hamstrings.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:30 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:07 pm
Terry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:35 pm

Pal, you're living in a fantasy land. The rating numbers don't care about isolation! And neither do I! Get Gilty to change it or stop the baby like sooking!!! Fair dinkum...........you dills are incredible!!!

You and your fumbling fool mates like to only compare games where the fumbling game wins on FTA. Yep, you win on FTA. Good on ya!!!! But then the NRL flogs you on Fox, Kayo and regional numbers.

And then.................and then..........when all the numbers are added together...........Rugby League is handing your game a right royal absolute brutal flogging this year!!!! Even Wookie has given up reporting the numbers they're so bad! for your mess!!

So get over yaself pal. It's only a game. And 2nd in Australia ain't too bad!!!
Fuck me dead you're a moron. Saying ratings dont care about isolation is like saying they dont care about FTA or fox, or they dont care about prime time. It's a massive factor which brings our fox numbers on Saturdays and Sundays into context. You think it's coincidence our Thursday and Friday averages for fox are far higher than the weekend averages?

The only reasonable comparison of the game's popularity on TV is fox plus FTA plus kayo when both games are in isolation. This is like for like, excluding the AFL's longer telecast.

If the NRL win fox, who cares? Is Fox an indication of the overall population's preferences on TV? No. All it shows is which fan base prefer subscription based pay TV. So there are more subscribers who like NRL. Who the fuck cares? Then to add all the ratings of this discrepancy together to one annual figure means even less.

But you go right ahead Terry. Dont expect anyone else to care though.

Hope that helps. Love you xox
Pal, you don't seem to have comprehended what I said. Ratings numbers are raw numbers. The respective agencies put out what the actual numbers are. They don't factor in your little pet excuses i.e. "isolation", "FTA", "Fox".

They are raw numbers pal!!!! That's what we go on. That's what the broadcasters go on. If you want to introduce other issues to mitigate your low numbers that's up to you. But they're just excuses, juvenile whining and deflections.

If you don't like the way your fave mess is broadcast go and tell Gilty and the boys to change it. Until they do you'll just have to put up with what ya got.

So please desist with the crying banshee excuse routine. It really is unbecoming of a grown man!!!!

Hope that helps pal. I fully expect it won't!!!! In any case have a great day. Don't let 'isolation' spoil your day lolololololol!!!!!!!!!
oh I see.

So when the AFL rate more on Saturday it doesnt matter that the NRL dont have a FTA game (usually), it's just raw numbers?

When a game at 1.30pm rates less than a prime time game it doesnt matter, just raw numbers?

:lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:11 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:58 pm
LOL what is it you want????????????????? :hmm: You wax lyrical about your competition and how its national - and how great your expansion is. And then You incessantly whinge and whine about how you can't watch the game that you want - games overlap :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: . Face it you game sucks - Its Shit house. Giligan maximises your rating as much as he possibly can with home games on FTA, but lets face it, he cant make some kind of Bellissimo masterpiece from a chaf bag full of horse manure.
nice little rant there pussy :lol:

If the AFL is shit house the NRL must be diabolical. Like for like we beat the NRL more than not.

Your fans are whinging and whining about head-high contact rule changes, threatening to leave the game. RL has a big issue with concussions and the administration can see the writing on the wall regarding future legal action and player numbers dropping due to concussion, yet the fans are up in arms about any change. What a dilema :lol:
As does the NFL you know the game worth $1B a sec.

As the ratings and most watched matches show people prefer contact sports not balarinas with tight hamstrings.
what the people want, and what the sports can afford are 2 different things. This is a topic for another thread but CTE caused by concussion will have a bigger impact on RL than the AFL I feel
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:18 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:07 pm

Fuck me dead you're a moron. Saying ratings dont care about isolation is like saying they dont care about FTA or fox, or they dont care about prime time. It's a massive factor which brings our fox numbers on Saturdays and Sundays into context. You think it's coincidence our Thursday and Friday averages for fox are far higher than the weekend averages?

The only reasonable comparison of the game's popularity on TV is fox plus FTA plus kayo when both games are in isolation. This is like for like, excluding the AFL's longer telecast.

If the NRL win fox, who cares? Is Fox an indication of the overall population's preferences on TV? No. All it shows is which fan base prefer subscription based pay TV. So there are more subscribers who like NRL. Who the fuck cares? Then to add all the ratings of this discrepancy together to one annual figure means even less.

But you go right ahead Terry. Dont expect anyone else to care though.

Hope that helps. Love you xox
Pal, you don't seem to have comprehended what I said. Ratings numbers are raw numbers. The respective agencies put out what the actual numbers are. They don't factor in your little pet excuses i.e. "isolation", "FTA", "Fox".

They are raw numbers pal!!!! That's what we go on. That's what the broadcasters go on. If you want to introduce other issues to mitigate your low numbers that's up to you. But they're just excuses, juvenile whining and deflections.

If you don't like the way your fave mess is broadcast go and tell Gilty and the boys to change it. Until they do you'll just have to put up with what ya got.

So please desist with the crying banshee excuse routine. It really is unbecoming of a grown man!!!!

Hope that helps pal. I fully expect it won't!!!! In any case have a great day. Don't let 'isolation' spoil your day lolololololol!!!!!!!!!
oh I see.

So when the AFL rate more on Saturday it doesnt matter that the NRL dont have a FTA game (usually), it's just raw numbers?

When a game at 1.30pm rates less than a prime time game it doesnt matter, just raw numbers?

Ya starting to get it now pal. Well done. Yep, we add all the numbers up.

We then work out aggregates and averages and voila: Rugby League is the winner!!

There’s hope for ya yet pal!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 pm

oh I see.

We then work out aggregates and averages and voila: Rugby League is the winner!!

So you're not interested in which product is more popular on TV, just which accumulates more ratings over a calender year?

That's fine, but why bother commenting on individual games or even rounds?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Terry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:08 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:47 pm

we will win kayo over the 3 games by another 150K
bringing the total win to about 260K

it isn't even a contest anymore :cool:
Yep. The fumbling game is really struggling this year. And now that we know how much Kayo favours the NRL we're in for an almighty victory this year.
based on Kayo ratings for one round? :(/

So you've been shown up again pal lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!! The Fox/Kayo numbers are out. Last round it was:

NRL 386k per game V AFL 219K per game. That is a gargantuan +167k per game for the NRL. Or over 1.3M for the round. No FTA numbers are gonna reign that in pal. RL folk here have been telling you all season RL is flogging AFL on Kayo. You have placed your head in the sand despite all the proof provided to you!!!!

There is no need to apologise pal!!! I'm a very magnanimous winner lololololol!!!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:53 pm

oh I see.

So you're not interested in which product is more popular on TV, just which accumulates more ratings over a calender year?

Gee pal, just when I think you're on the improve you regress again. We are talking about the most watched sport in Australia over 2021. That comes from the ratings. That's why we count each round and each game. They make it the most popular sport of the year. And RL is gonna be it on current trends very, very easily.

Now you will twist reality, deflect and plain lie because its not your fave mess!!!!! But reality is reality pal. The truth is the truth. Nothing you say can repudiate these incontrovertible facts.

I really really hope that helps!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Gee pal, just when I think you're on the improve you regress again. We are talking about the most watched sport in Australia over 2021. That comes from the ratings. That's why we count each round and each game. They make it the most popular sport of the year. And RL is gonna be it on current trends very, very easily.

Now you will twist reality, deflect and plain lie because its not your fave mess!!!!! But reality is reality pal. The truth is the truth. Nothing you say can repudiate these incontrovertible facts.

Your logic is massively messed up. The NBA probably accumulates more ratings over a season but is easily outrated by the NFL because they play far less games. But according to logic Terry the NBA is more popular.

You're a special kind of stupid Terry
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Fred (Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Terry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:08 pm

Yep. The fumbling game is really struggling this year. And now that we know how much Kayo favours the NRL we're in for an almighty victory this year.
based on Kayo ratings for one round? :(/

So you've been shown up again pal lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!! The Fox/Kayo numbers are out. Last round it was:

NRL 386k per game V AFL 219K per game. That is a gargantuan +167k per game for the NRL. Or over 1.3M for the round. No FTA numbers are gonna reign that in pal. RL folk here have been telling you all season RL is flogging AFL on Kayo. You have placed your head in the sand despite all the proof provided to you!!!!

There is no need to apologise pal!!! I'm a very magnanimous winner lololololol!!!!!!!!
Not shown up at all. Of course average ratings will be lower given 7 of 9 games have overlap. Doesn't mean isolated games don't match the NRL
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:45 pm
Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Your logic is massively messed up. The NBA probably accumulates more ratings over a season but is easily outrated by the NFL because they play far less games. But according to logic Terry the NBA is more popular.

You're a special kind of stupid Terry
Ah...... now the insults come out lololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know whose winning the debate when one side goes to juvenile insults!!!

Now pal..............seriously..........this is a very simple concept! I continually point to aggregate and average ratings to prove what is Australia's most watched sport.

This method has been used for years. The great Wookie pioneered it many years ago. As such your NBA v NFL comparison is without merit and devoid of consideration.

Now pal, try to keep the toys in the cot. Throwin' 'em all over the place ain't gonna help anyone!!!!! Maybe its time to quietly step away from this fight. It's been run and won.

Have a great night pal. I bare you know ill-will!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Why is an nba v nfl comparison unreasonable? You're the one claiming raw figures are all that's needed.

Can't have it both ways
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:59 pm
Why is an nba v nfl comparison unreasonable? You're the one claiming raw figures are all that's needed.

Can't have it both ways
You will need to re-read my post pal. All explained. As it has been on numerous other occasions. You will of course continue to live happily in delusionalville!!!

Good luck with that pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Can't have it both ways
You will need to re-read my post pal. All explained. As it has been on numerous other occasions. You will of course continue to live happily in delusionalville!!!

BS

You said wookie has been using these measurements for years which invalidates the NBA v nfl comparison.

How the fuck so? What a stupid comment
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:32 pm

Can't have it both ways

BS

You said wookie has been using these measurements for years which invalidates the NBA v nfl comparison.

Ya getting a bit silly now pal!!!! Might be time to take a bex and have long lay down!!!!!

Take care pal!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:47 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:32 pm

BS

Ya getting a bit silly now pal!!!! Might be time to take a bex and have long lay down!!!!!

Take care pal!!!!
No, you cant defend your own stupid claim. Now you're using the old "look over there" strategy :(/