Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 pm

And here's another one......................I said over a calendar year pal. It's pretty simple. Total numbers for TV plus crowds over the year. And the tv numbers put out by oztam, regtam, Fox, Stan etc. You know.............. total number of eyeballs on a sport.

It's not about averages my friend. The reason myself and Wookie are talking averages in the NRL v AFL is because at the moment there is a different number of games played but that will even out over the year. So averages are the way you compare them at the mo.

I hope this helps. I suspect it won't lolololololololol
so you add all ratings for a program together over a year then claim it's the 'most watched'? Isnt that a pretty meaningless title? A current affair may rate 500k a night but runs for only half an hour every M-F all year round. 250x500k is 125Mil annually. Wow, look at that! More watched than NRL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

were allowing for the fact that you have 4+ games on FTA each week to our 3 and will still win quiet comfortably :cheers:

I dont belief any horse race has ever beaten our 2 hour Origin match. and most matches when match have extra time, eg. 100m instead of 90m the ratings are nearly always higher....but, but, but

What sport gets 5m viewers? if they do they certainly are well deserving of the gold medal.
Whinge whinge whine whine :compress: :rock:
you have more rounds so in the end our FTA games are near the same. You have a 2 hour telecast, ours is 50% longer. We have a few games every round shown concurrently, none of yours are. We have games on 7mate in home markets, you have none. Our 2nd market gets few if any games in prime time, your home markets are in the same time zone. It goes on and one. Yet you somehow think they can be compared by simply adding the ratings together? :lol:
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:21 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:08 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 pm
Gee Pal, you must be very worried that your fave game is gonna lose the ratings battle this year bringing up this glad bag of idiocy!!!

I mean it's wery wery simple pal...............every year folk put out numbers on RL v AFL ratings. Every year one of them is the most watched sport in Aus. Wookie does it. The codes do it. The media does it. Simple simple stuff pal.

Oh..............and..........A Current Affair ain't a sport ya dill!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeeezzz these fumblers are hard work!!!!!!!!
It's pretty simple Terry, I dont give any credence to your definition of most watched. The media dont either, except for an NRL tragic Roy Masters. In fact I have never seen any program or even a network add their annual ratings together and claim they outrate another. It must be an NRL thing because they cant compete.

But, as you were Terry, I'm sure you like the title :lol:
Thanks pal. I'll take that as a surrender. You've given up. You're outta the battle. You're stayin' in ya trench and no ones gonna get you to go over the top lolololololo.

Kinda strange really with all the post's you make about ratings. But then again you're a fumbler so cowardice doesn't surprise me lolololol!!!!!
I post on ratings relating to like v like scenarios where a comparison is equitable. None such exists for an entire year. That's why you wont see other programs compared in a similar way such as NBA taking on NFL. NBA would win based on game numbers, but NFL gets higher audiences by a fair margin for individual games
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm

so you add all ratings for a program together over a year then claim it's the 'most watched'? Isnt that a pretty meaningless title? A current affair may rate 500k a night but runs for only half an hour every M-F all year round. 250x500k is 125Mil annually. Wow, look at that! More watched than NRL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

were allowing for the fact that you have 4+ games on FTA each week to our 3 and will still win quiet comfortably :cheers:

I dont belief any horse race has ever beaten our 2 hour Origin match. and most matches when match have extra time, eg. 100m instead of 90m the ratings are nearly always higher....but, but, but

What sport gets 5m viewers? if they do they certainly are well deserving of the gold medal.
you have more rounds so in the end our FTA games are near the same. You have a 2 hour telecast, ours is 50% longer. We have a few games every round shown concurrently, none of yours are. We have games on 7mate in home markets, you have none. Our 2nd market gets few if any games in prime time, your home markets are in the same time zone. It goes on and one. Yet you somehow think they can be compared by simply adding the ratings together? :lol:

It's pretty simple Terry, I dont give any credence to your definition of most watched. The media dont either, except for an NRL tragic Roy Masters. In fact I have never seen any program or even a network add their annual ratings together and claim they outrate another. It must be an NRL thing because they cant compete.

Thanks pal. I'll take that as a surrender. You've given up. You're outta the battle. You're stayin' in ya trench and no ones gonna get you to go over the top lolololololo.

Kinda strange really with all the post's you make about ratings. But then again you're a fumbler so cowardice doesn't surprise me lolololol!!!!!
I post on ratings relating to like v like scenarios where a comparison is equitable. None such exists for an entire year. That's why you wont see other programs compared in a similar way such as NBA taking on NFL. NBA would win based on game numbers, but NFL gets higher audiences by a fair margin for individual games
Geez pal, break out the violin and tissues lololololololool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sad sad story of disadvantage, misfortune and the unfairness of life lolololololol!!!!!

Fair dinkum pal pump up & have a go. Or if ya can't run with the big dog's get off the porch pal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Wow, someone is very upset. Poor Terry
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

Gee Pal, you must be very worried that your fave game is gonna lose the ratings battle this year bringing up this glad bag of idiocy!!!

I mean it's wery wery simple pal...............every year folk put out numbers on RL v AFL ratings. Every year one of them is the most watched sport in Aus. Wookie does it. The codes do it. The media does it. Simple simple stuff pal.

Oh..............and..........A Current Affair ain't a sport ya dill!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeeezzz these fumblers are hard work!!!!!!!!

hahaha
you peanut
RL plays less games in a calander year & gets more veiwers

its Australias most watched sport on every measure & only a halfwit would argue it wasn't :cool:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 am

hahaha
you peanut

its Australias most watched sport on every measure & only a halfwit would argue it wasn't :cool:
If every game was shown to every market in isolation you'd have a point. If the games were telecast over the same length of time you'd have a point.

You don't have a point
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:41 am
baselinepanther wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 am

hahaha
you peanut

If every game was shown to every market in isolation you'd have a point. If the games were telecast over the same length of time you'd have a point.

You don't have a point
Fair enough pal. If you want to vacate this space it's no problem. I expect you will no longer comment on ratings. Because .................you know..............markets...............isolation.....................length of time...........blah...........blah.............blah!!!!! Oh.............and then there's the AFL getting flogged and all lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Oh I will be commenting when games are directly against each other like the GFs, all finals, public holidays, TH and FR nights etc. You know, when conditions are similar, both codes on FTA and Fox
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:02 am
Oh I will be commenting when games are directly against each other like the GFs, all finals, public holidays, TH and FR nights etc. You know, when conditions are similar, both codes on FTA and Fox
Oh right...................so you'll hand pick your winning slots and retire to the jungle for the remainder!!! 100% typical fumbler!!!!! BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT [-X [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Funny how our winning slots are single games v single games simulcast on FTA and fox.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NO NO NO stop talking Bullshit!!

NRL has more rounds but also 2 byes. and 8 games per week.
AFL v NRL season goes onto be around exactly the same.

also AFL game is not 50% longer than the NRL game, it is around 30mins longer...
but hey, if you want to have 500 adverts in your game to get extra dollars, it works well for ya hey ???

Peth Still get both there teams Beamed into the state on FTA every year..

you dont see other sports that go ahead to ahead like NBA and NFL
because they are so different..

where as the NRL and AFL
have similar amount of teams similar amount of rounds.
formats are similar and is comparable.

(in England i have seen figures of League v Union
because they are comparable in many ways.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 pm

also AFL game is not 50% longer than the NRL game, it is around 30mins longer...
but hey, if you want to have 500 adverts in your game to get extra dollars, it works well for ya hey ???

where as the NRL and AFL

Firstly, I said telecast not game. Have a look this weekend. NRL on FN on fox goes from 7.55pm to 9.50. AFL goes from 8.10pm to 10.45. Yes not quite 50% more, but close.

I'd love to see a TV ratings between RL and RU compared in England. Got a source?
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:48 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 pm

where as the NRL and AFL

Firstly, I said telecast not game. Have a look this weekend. NRL on FN on fox goes from 7.55pm to 9.50. AFL goes from 8.10pm to 10.45. Yes not quite 50% more, but close.

I'd love to see a TV ratings between RL and RU compared in England. Got a source?
7:55pm to 9:50pm is 2 hours 5mins

8:10pm to 10:45pm is 2 hours 35mins

How you get 50% longer i have no idea....

Google away SIR do your own research...
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:27 pm
All ill say is - when exactly was the last time you think the NRL got paid more for its broadcast rights than the AFL?
prob since the 80's

all i will say is,

If NRL has very limited advertising opportunities how do you think it requests so much more money
from Free to Air broadcasters.

in 1 half of football you are lucky to get 2-3 Adverts in a rugby league game...

There is you answer Mr Wookie.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

[/quote]

It had each individual comp

Super League v English Domestic Rugby Union.

Where Crowds were won by Union
& Tv Ratings were a Split and prob favoured Super League when adding in BBC Games.
it gave a detailed report on many games, and challenge cup.
even showing which games rated highest and averages on SKY SPORTS

Where Union Blew away League was, was at International Level.

This has changed over the years though, with Union now more available on FTA
and Super League stuck on SKY

Where UNION has leaped ahead of League in all fronts.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:45 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:49 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:27 pm
All ill say is - when exactly was the last time you think the NRL got paid more for its broadcast rights than the AFL?
prob since the 80's

all i will say is,

If NRL has very limited advertising opportunities how do you think it requests so much more money
from Free to Air broadcasters.

in 1 half of football you are lucky to get 2-3 Adverts in a rugby league game...

There is you answer Mr Wookie.
Right. So until your ratings are worth something, it doesnt really matter how many you get. Ratings is a survey based on less than 20,000 people in a country of more than 21 million.
This is interesting! So are you saying ratings are pointless Wookie? Or worthless? And are you speaking only of RL ratings? Please explain??