Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:11 pm
by saying the AFL have been advantaged by shorter games you're also acknowledging the NRL have had the same advantage for years. Didnt see you conceding that before
me stating the shorter quarter's doesn't just go with shorter coverage for a better average.
it also restricts burn out and massive floggings
as players are less tired and floggings become harder.

I have also acknowledge that Rugby league being 80mins and shorter to full length AFL game benefits Rugby League for Average.
but with this, AFL gets Quarter Time and three quarter time which are Advertises dreams...

also the other points are well noted >>> extended coverage of games and MELBOURNE IN LOCKDOWN>

:cheers:
but you are conceding during any normal season the NRL have an artificial ratings advantage in every game due to shorter games which produces close games. Imagine adding that advantage 200 times for an entire season. Another reason cummulative ratings are BS
As I said Earlier LOL,and I notice you never answer - abit to much like reality was it? Almost none of your PTV have had to compete with over lap . More of your games than ever before have been shown in prime time. Curfews and stage 4 lock downs, a major, major tv advantage .Regardless of all things your ratings are looking like they will be worse than last year.

So how is shorter matches working out for you???????????

There is no point in just burying your head in the sand and sprouting off with usual usual load of crap. The whole word revolves around cumulative figure. ratings , dollars , Sales - just numbers in general. You cant get your way so your making out our mathematics system is flawed.

LOL your excuses are contradicting your excuses.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

Not sure how we can really compare either code's ratings to previous seasons. The AFL season is shorter, the players are isolated in other states without friends or family, the games are crammed together with some teams playing almost 2 games per week making them fatigued, the level of training has been drastically reduced, and some stars have dropped out to head home for personal reasons. Because of this the interest in many games is significantly down compared to normal. Add to that many fans would be disengaged because they cant go to games.

Normally I'd be pumped heading into finals, but in all honesty, the premiership will mean a lot less than normal given how compromised the season has become. There'd be a fair few fans who think the season should have been aborted


User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am

As I said Earlier LOL,and I notice you never answer - abit to much like reality was it? Almost none of your PTV have had to compete with over lap . More of your games than ever before have been shown in prime time. Curfews and stage 4 lock downs, a major, major tv advantage .Regardless of all things your ratings are looking like they will be worse than last year.

So how is shorter matches working out for you???????????

There is no point in just burying your head in the sand and sprouting off with usual usual load of crap. The whole word revolves around cumulative figure. ratings , dollars , Sales - just numbers in general. You cant get your way so your making out our mathematics system is flawed.

LOL your excuses are contradicting your excuses.
Ratings are looking like they will be worse? fucking lol.

with one AFL round to go total ratings are up more than 2%. Fox is up 12%. And the cumulative total is about 8 MILLION more than the NRL at the moment - Grand Final aside, the AFL finals series smashes the NRL one every year, so your going to need that 3 game Origin series to even get close this year since theres no tests.

I mean make all the excuses you like - or "but but but...." as you like to say.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 am
pussycat wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am

As I said Earlier LOL,and I notice you never answer - abit to much like reality was it? Almost none of your PTV have had to compete with over lap . More of your games than ever before have been shown in prime time. Curfews and stage 4 lock downs, a major, major tv advantage .Regardless of all things your ratings are looking like they will be worse than last year.

So how is shorter matches working out for you???????????

There is no point in just burying your head in the sand and sprouting off with usual usual load of crap. The whole word revolves around cumulative figure. ratings , dollars , Sales - just numbers in general. You cant get your way so your making out our mathematics system is flawed.

LOL your excuses are contradicting your excuses.
Ratings are looking like they will be worse? fucking lol.

with one AFL round to go total ratings are up more than 2%. Fox is up 12%. And the cumulative total is about 8 MILLION more than the NRL at the moment - Grand Final aside, the AFL finals series smashes the NRL one every year, so your going to need that 3 game Origin series to even get close this year since theres no tests.

I mean make all the excuses you like - or "but but but...." as you like to say.
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:00 am As of this morning (rd.15)

Image


I can only go by what you posted Wookie. Youu posted you were up by around 20% after Rd.5 and just 0.6% after Rd.15rds. It would be fair to say that your
looking like they will be worse than last year.


And if they arent -it could only mean that your ratings must of been horrendous at the back end oflast year.

As said our ratings have been worse than usual but no excoses needed, were not the AFL, or followers .At rd.5 you wrote our ratings were down 5%. then in Rd. 17? up O.3%. So given our year not to bad a result. Afl? after a good start the less said the better.
Last edited by pussycat on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

well its now round 17, and that information is out of date. Couple of smaller rounds - less games than normal - in there.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

for the NRL to win this Year it needed to trim all games to 60 mins
and play Monday through to Sunday

And NSW into lock down where they have to be home by 8pm or cannot go anywhere.

lol


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm for the NRL to win this Year it needed to trim all games to 60 mins
and play Monday through to Sunday

And NSW into lock down where they have to be home by 8pm or cannot go anywhere.

lol
Except lockdown and curfew have only been 7 weeks, not the entire season


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm for the NRL to win this Year it needed to trim all games to 60 mins
and play Monday through to Sunday

And NSW into lock down where they have to be home by 8pm or cannot go anywhere.

lol
Except lockdown and curfew have only been 7 weeks, not the entire season
7-8 weeks of strick lockdown which has had about 11 rounds of footy in it..
:wave:


pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm for the NRL to win this Year it needed to trim all games to 60 mins
and play Monday through to Sunday

And NSW into lock down where they have to be home by 8pm or cannot go anywhere.

lol
Except lockdown and curfew have only been 7 weeks, not the entire season
And What, you've played 10 rd's in that time? And restriction were on before that because there has been few if any games in Melboune this season.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm for the NRL to win this Year it needed to trim all games to 60 mins
and play Monday through to Sunday

And NSW into lock down where they have to be home by 8pm or cannot go anywhere.

lol
Except lockdown and curfew have only been 7 weeks, not the entire season
And What, you've played 10 rd's in that time? And restriction were on before that because there has been few if any games in Melboune this season.
it's a but but excuse and hasnt been the whole season.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Do you think that rating are impacted by the large crowds or the lack thereof?

If you are getting say 500000 going to games each week then there is likely to be several people who have set top boxes in that crowd figure. Let’s say a game at the G pulls in 80000 .. now in metro Melbourne there would be some in that crowd who may have a set top box. Therefore if those people are at home watching the game then obviously the figure would go up ... particuarly say if a family household usually attends. If each person equates to 3 or 4 thousand people then that could be substantial. With the lockdown randomisation accounting for unique occuranxss would be ineffective as everyone in the same boat (e.g., in normal circumstances someone doing something unique (watching a game on tv when they usually do not) would theoretically be balanced out by someone not watching a game when they usually did).

Anyway... just a thought.


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am
pussycat wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 am
Except lockdown and curfew have only been 7 weeks, not the entire season
And What, you've played 10 rd's in that time? And restriction were on before that because there has been few if any games in Melboune this season.
it's a but but excuse and hasnt been the whole season.
Its a Question [-( ! Don't you know the difference between the two?


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 pm Do you think that rating are impacted by the large crowds or the lack thereof?

If you are getting say 500000 going to games each week then there is likely to be several people who have set top boxes in that crowd figure. Let’s say a game at the G pulls in 80000 .. now in metro Melbourne there would be some in that crowd who may have a set top box. Therefore if those people are at home watching the game then obviously the figure would go up ... particuarly say if a family household usually attends. If each person equates to 3 or 4 thousand people then that could be substantial. With the lockdown randomisation accounting for unique occuranxss would be ineffective as everyone in the same boat (e.g., in normal circumstances someone doing something unique (watching a game on tv when they usually do not) would theoretically be balanced out by someone not watching a game when they usually did).

Anyway... just a thought.

You have 61/2 million people with little else to do but watch TV. The football just happens to be on in prime time most nights. You work it out, I don't want to be accused of making up but, buts.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 pm Do you think that rating are impacted by the large crowds or the lack thereof?

If you are getting say 500000 going to games each week then there is likely to be several people who have set top boxes in that crowd figure. Let’s say a game at the G pulls in 80000 .. now in metro Melbourne there would be some in that crowd who may have a set top box. Therefore if those people are at home watching the game then obviously the figure would go up ... particuarly say if a family household usually attends. If each person equates to 3 or 4 thousand people then that could be substantial. With the lockdown randomisation accounting for unique occuranxss would be ineffective as everyone in the same boat (e.g., in normal circumstances someone doing something unique (watching a game on tv when they usually do not) would theoretically be balanced out by someone not watching a game when they usually did).

Anyway... just a thought.
pretty much what would happen Freddy,

add in LOCK DOWN and connect the two together.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Well yes... possible. I course the converse is when there is no lock down that ratings are negatively impacted due to large crowds the afl gets.


Veni, vidi, vici
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests