Why does a Victorian Beer (VB) sponsor the crap NRL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Why does a Victorian Beer (VB) sponsor the crap NRL?

Post by AFL Warrior »

I don't buy my VB slabs so my hard earned money goes towards sponsoring a crap NRL competition in NSW!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

because VB have seen the light
& are pursuing a sport with a future :wink: :cool:
Onions

Post by Onions »

No, VB can't sponsor the AFL because it already has Carlton United on board! So VB missed the boat and had to go for second best!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Onions wrote:
No, VB can't sponsor the AFL because it already has Carlton United on board! So VB missed the boat and had to go for second best!
VB is brewed by Carlton & United.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

AFFP wrote:
Because they don't drink Tooheys up there any more? :lol:
Didn't Toohey's sponsor thugby once? If so where did they go, huh? :-k
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

"Why do VB sponsor the NRL." Ummmmmmmm lets see, why does any company sponsor anything? My guess is and I am no genius, is that they believe it's a good investment, they expect to get good coverage from a popular sport in this instance, the NRL, sell a lot of beer and make a lot of money from all that exposure. It's working, I drink VB.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

But as Onions pointed out, Mark, CU sponsor the AFL and Player added to Pussycat's failed attempt to undermine the point by observing that - in effect - CU were also sponsoring the NRL but with what has to be a smaller investment.

And think about why you drink VB. Is it because it's an NRL sponsor? Or is it because it's a better beer than Tooheys? I don't drink beer at all but I've heard that VB is better than Tooheys.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

I did comment on another thread how AFL fans seem to try and pick things to try and put the NRL down. Somehow AFL Warrior has made the connection of VB sponsoring the NRL to have a jibe at the NRL. If he wants to have a go at the NRL make it about something real not some made up brainwave he had possibly after one or two too many beers.

Fact, the VB brand would not associate itself with the NRL unless it could see a positive monetary outcome as a result. How are positive outcomes achieved? They happen because more people bye your product. Like I have said elsewhere I am no genius but it doesn't take one to understand exposure over a large market leads to more sales.

Advertising doesn't get us to stick with a brand, it introduces us to a brand. I am not a drinker of VB because it sponsors the NRL I drink it because I like it. Is it better than Tooheys not necessarily but it has a taste that I prefer at this point in time.

Advertising must be working, according to this article it is the largest selling beer in Australia.

http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/vb ... bitter.htm
]
"It is of great credit to Carlton & United (CUB) that VB is now the top selling beer in Australia, accounting for a quarter of the total beer market and 60% of CUB’s output. It is the most popular beer in New South Wales, Northern Territory, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory."
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I will drink anything except XXXX! :drunk:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Just seems a little silly that NSW is sponsored by Victoria Bitter. Have no idea how VB is the largest selling beer in Australia. Worst tasting beer ever if you ask me.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

West End Export is the best beer!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Player wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
As Pussycat noted, they also sponsor the AFL via it's core company Carlton and United. That means that the whole of CU sponsor AFL and only a part of it sponsors the NRL. Read that real good, Dave! Real good!
they have a contract with the AFL

it will run its course some day soon .. in the meantime VB looked to either continue their asociation with one sport
or choose a new one

you know
one with a future .... :cool:

read that buddy
read that .. real good :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Player wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
As Pussycat noted, they also sponsor the AFL via it's core company Carlton and United. That means that the whole of CU sponsor AFL and only a part of it sponsors the NRL. Read that real good, Dave! Real good!

it will run its course some day soon .. in the meantime VB looked to either continue their asociation with one sport
or choose a new one

you know

read that buddy
And meanwhile Australia's largest car manufacturer has just extended its sponsorship of the AFL in "largest sponsorship for any sport in this country". :\:
THE AFL has extended its partnership with major sponsor Toyota Australia for a further three years in what League CEO Andrew Demetriou has described as likely " the largest sponsorship for any sport in this country".

Toyota has been the League's premier partner since 2004 and the extension - announced on Friday morning at the Australian International Motor Show in Melbourne - will see the relationship last at least 11 years.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Player wrote:

or choose a new one

you know

read that buddy
And meanwhile Australia's largest car manufacturer has just extended its sponsorship of the AFL in "largest sponsorship for any sport in this country". :\:
THE AFL has extended its partnership with major sponsor Toyota Australia for a further three years in what League CEO Andrew Demetriou has described as likely " the largest sponsorship for any sport in this country".

Toyota has been the League's premier partner since 2004 and the extension - announced on Friday morning at the Australian International Motor Show in Melbourne - will see the relationship last at least 11 years.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
funny

you left off the word .. " Likely " in your post

why ?

again
you post it as a fact
& even that fat souvalaki sucking oxygen theif said its only
... likely
to be

my my you are a sad desperate individual :cool:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Listen XXX XXX XXXXXX, your crap code is finished and no amount of stupid word games will change that, now run off back to your irrelant hole and continue to fantasise about having some sort of self importance here.... #-o

Edited to remove offensive remark directed towards another forum member by Moderator MarkZZZ