Why does a Victorian Beer (VB) sponsor the crap NRL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Listen your nrl wanker, your crap code is finished and no amount of stupid word games will change that, now run off back to your irrelant hole and continue to fantasise about having some sort of self importance here.... #-o
irrelant hole :?>

wots that #-o

:cool:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

It is AFL code for nrl
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Grim Reaper wrote:
It is AFL code for nrl
hmmmm..... :? :roll: :roll:
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Raider don't pay Grim any attention. Grim is the self appointed Black Knight for the AFL who announced his return to the Site with "He's baaack...be afraid NRL scum be very afraid". I don't know if anyone found him scary last time he was around, maybe there was a few 10 year olds around that he managed to menace. I believe he thinks that by using words like w**ker and crap when he replies to you that you will cringe in fear. It is a bit pathetic.

Members abusing other members should be edited by a moderator, unfortunately I don't have any moderating capabilities on this thread we will have to wait for Beau to have a look at this one.

BTW Grim, just for your future reference the words are spelt irrelevant & fantasize.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Raider don't pay Grim any attention. Grim is the self appointed Black Knight for the AFL who announced his return to the Site with "He's baaack...be afraid NRL scum be very afraid". I don't know if anyone found him scary last time he was around, maybe there was a few 10 year olds around that he managed to menace. I believe he thinks that by using words like w**ker and crap when he replies to you that you will cringe in fear. It is a bit pathetic.

Members abusing other members should be edited by a moderator, unfortunately I don't have any moderating capabilities on this thread we will have to wait for Beau to have a look at this one.

BTW Grim, just for your future reference the words are spelt irrelevant & fantasize.
scary ?

this wombat :(/
I coughed up scary stuff during a recent cold :wink:

hes way out of his depth
he should maybe sign up to a primary school girls blog site & chat about barby dolls & the next installment of the saddle club

they'd probably give him a touch up in there too .. but hey .. you've gotta do your hard hards somewhere
& sometime in the future he can join adults again in a sensible discussion :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

MarkZZZ wrote:
I did comment on another thread how AFL fans seem to try and pick things to try and put the NRL down. Somehow AFL Warrior has made the connection of VB sponsoring the NRL to have a jibe at the NRL. If he wants to have a go at the NRL make it about something real not some made up brainwave he had possibly after one or two too many beers.

Fact, the VB brand would not associate itself with the NRL unless it could see a positive monetary outcome as a result. How are positive outcomes achieved? They happen because more people bye your product. Like I have said elsewhere I am no genius but it doesn't take one to understand exposure over a large market leads to more sales.

Advertising doesn't get us to stick with a brand, it introduces us to a brand. I am not a drinker of VB because it sponsors the NRL I drink it because I like it. Is it better than Tooheys not necessarily but it has a taste that I prefer at this point in time.

Advertising must be working, according to this article it is the largest selling beer in Australia.

http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/vb ... bitter.htm
]
"It is of great credit to Carlton & United (CUB) that VB is now the top selling beer in Australia, accounting for a quarter of the total beer market and 60% of CUB’s output. It is the most popular beer in New South Wales, Northern Territory, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory."
First of all I prefer talking to you, Mark, because unlike KE and Raider you can hold a decent debate.

I rather think that VB's foray into NSW was more about putting Tooheys out of business than seeing dollar signs associated with the NRL. And it could be argued that they could be after 4X as well as the QLD beer, given the NRL has three clubs up there. Australians love their beer - in all six states and two territories.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

All the beer and TV barons, want a piece of the biggest market in Australia :wink
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Of course their goal is a greater market share in NSW and that means taking market share from Tooheys with the end result that goes along with that which is the $$$$.

The avenue they have elected to take to get their branding out there is that entertaining and very popular game of Rugby League. I rest my case.

Qld will be a bit harder for them, getting the XXXX off the Qld Jumpers and shorts will not be easy but if they have they the $s..........
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

MarkZZZ wrote:
I'm thinking you for Fight Club Mod as a balanced NRL perspective and likewise TLPG for the AFL perspective.
Onions

Post by Onions »

pussycat wrote:
All the beer and TV barons, want a piece of the biggest market in Australia :wink
And that's the AFL!! :roll: