Is Gaelic Football a 'fitter' code than Aussie Rules?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Is Gaelic Football a 'fitter' code than Aussie Rules?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Having played both, and if we're talking aerobic fitness, I'd have to say yes, for sure.

The game is very fast and never stops. No stopping and walking back after marking the ball. Nup, its play on at all times. This really takes it out of you and requires a much higher level of aerobic fitness.

What do others think?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

LOL, they don't even tackle in Gaelic football and they play on a field that is tiny in comparison to an AFL ground.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Not to mention the ball. The ball in Gaelic Footy is a soccer ball and the bounce is always true and predictable. An AFL footy is another matter!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
LOL, they don't even tackle in Gaelic football and they play on a field that is tiny in comparison to an AFL ground.
TLPG wrote:
Not to mention the ball. The ball in Gaelic Footy is a soccer ball and the bounce is always true and predictable. An AFL footy is another matter!

Dear God help me and everyone else who has to read Beaussie and TLPG post :sick:

Reading your posts is like watching and listening to a pair of drunk bogan potato couch Collingwood supporters scoffing food and fornicating on the couch while watching and commenting on their team win. It's definitely not pretty and it is very difficult to actually make out what they are on about...

Beaussie, you first. Tackling is an exercise that is not associated with Aerobic fitness.
#-o It is associated with strength#-o. Secondly the smaller field in Gaelic Football means the ball is constantly not far away from the player, meaning you get little rest time and hence need more aerobic fitness #-o #-o

TLPG. As usual you have posted/dribbled irrelevant rubbish #-o WTF are you talking about?

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I firmly believe that you've never played AFL. Personal abuse of both me and Beau notwithstanding.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Firstly the ball in Gaelic is not a soccer ball #-o . You've obviously never held one. It is slightly bigger and heavier. Secondly how does the shape of the ball have any relation to the level of aerobic fitness??? #-o

No I dont know what you are talking about and no I have not played AFL. AFL stands for Australian Football League ump #-o . I dont play 'AFL' but yes I have played Aussie Rules :D

I wouldn't call my last post personal abuse. More like a descriptive and fair analysis. In my opinion the connection between your posts and the imagery is spot on :thumbleft:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Okay, just for you. You've never played Aussie Rules then. If you did you would know what I'm talking about.

Accusing me of "posting/dribbling irrelevant rubbish" is personal abuse as well as a flagrant lie as proven in the previous paragraph.

I win.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

A few of the Gaelic boys have come over and failed miserably playing Australian Football. If they are apparently fitter, why the high rate of failure here?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Oh good one, Beau! Come on, Mr Know-it-all KE, answer that one!!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

A few of the Gaelic boys have come over and succeeded playing in the AFL. Based on this I would like to see beaussie back up his statement that there is a "high rate of failure"...

And to address beaussies flimsy question further, one's level of aerobic fitness does not clearly correlate with one's success in AFL and Gaelic. Just take a look at plugger Lockett, an all time great but probably the lowest level of aerobic capacity on his team at the time. Its more complex than what beaussie or TLPG suggest. And furthermore Australia is a long way from Ireland, immigration is not for everyone.

Anyway I think all this is actually quite off topic, as is usually the case when TLPG (and increasingly beaussie) enters the thread. I'm asking which sport requires the higher level of aerobic fitness, nothing about players crossing from one sport into the other in this thread...

So we should be looking at what each of the sports ask of their players in terms of aerobic fitness. Thus far noone has really given me any good examples of why AFL might need a higher level of aerobic fitness...

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I have, but you refuse to listen. And two success stories do not make a case (Stynes and Kenneally).
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
So you think the ball being an oval shape means players in AFL must have a higher level of Aerobic fitness :lol:

I can only assume you are referring to this as the ball will sometimes bounce away from a player meaning he has to run further to pick it up?

If this is in fact your argument it's one of your best! Meaning one of your best displays of idiocy to date. =D> :lol:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

New brain to table 7 - stat!!

Face facts, KE. One requires a higher level of aerobic skill to cope with the odd bounce of the AFL football, and therefore a higher level of aerobic fitness.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST