Israek Falau and Aussie Rules

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Israek Falau and Aussie Rules

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well wehell well I wonder what sights the Israel Falau experiment will bring. To be honest I think the AFL is going to see an athlete they've never seen the likes of before. Some one with real speed, strength, agility and can tackle.

Someone who's been brought up in a code which epitomises toughness can only be a good thing for the AFL and I for one am looking forward to seeing the results.

On another note, as much as I enjoy Aussie Rules I gotta say this whole experiment doesnt say much for the AFL. Everyone knows why the RU drafts league players...because they are simply superior athletes. Seems the same goes for the AFL...
:roll:

I just wish they wouldve tried drafting Gordy Tallis in his heyday. Dont think there'd have been a better full forward in the game :wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Not long now until we get to see Izzy in action. Still worried about his kicking style though.
Folau will be in familiar territory if fit for first-up run with the Giants
Michael Cowley
December 17, 2010

CROSS-CODE convert Israel Folau is poised to make his AFL debut just minutes down the road from his childhood home, where he first played his junior rugby league with the Minto Cobras.

Folau's Greater Western Sydney Giants yesterday announced the club would play its first pre-season trial next year - and potentially the former NRL star's first AFL game - on February 5, at Monarch Oval in Macquarie Fields, not far from Townson Oval, where a young Folau would wear the black, red and white of the Cobras, on his way to an illustrious rugby league career.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/fola ... 18zlf.html
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Guess we didnt see any action from Israel after all... I have a feeling he's not ready yet although that Western Sydney mob seem to think he's already a star what with the ridiculous amount of advertising and hype around the bloke.

Karmichael Hunt though seemed to play fairly well with his chunky frame obviously scaring many a swans player last weekend :o

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?