Search found 44 matches

Return

by Bbear
Mon May 30, 2022 7:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NT fumbleball territory ? yea... nah

Aboriginal All Stars vs Carlton attracted a huge record sellout crowd of 17000 in 2003, these figures won't be beaten for years. AFL cannot afford to lose its dominance in NT as is is such fantastic recruiting area of skilful scintillating players have contributed enormously to the game. Many player...
by TLPG
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania

That's not what happened to South Melbourne. The members had no say in it. Club exec said yes. And the AFL can also take the license off North and either give it back to them on the proviso they move to Tassie, or tell them to nick off and give Tassie the license anyway - with the ability to have f...
by AFLcrap1
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby League WORLD CUP

Geez this will have the fumblers frothing & foaming .
The jealousy will just ooze out of their posts
by truthbomber
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Melbourne Storm V Sydney Roosters

Certainly a mixture of rules from some British public schools with some local adaption's at the start. Nothing to do with Gaelic football. And not invented by Wills, besides writing the initial letter suggesting formation of a football club, he was pretty much ignored by the other members of the fi...
by TLPG
Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: History and the origins of Australia’s Game

The AFL is wrong. That history is incomplete.
by Fred
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football Club Memberships

I think membership figures are so all over the place they are hardly a measure of anything!
by AFLcrap1
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

You imputed it because it's NSW that has the least amount of games of FTA. Fact. With the shovelling to 7mate as part of the issue. You either make up stuff or see things that are not there. You assume absurdities…I did not say NSW was the biggest AFL market nor did I mention 7 mate. Again see belo...
by WookieReturns
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:25 pm
There we have it
As predicted
Comparing an afl final with an ordinary RL rd game
Desperate much .
I would be too if my code was getting towelled up in the ratings
to be fair, you guys frequently compare Origin/Rep ratings to things that arent Origin/Rep fixtures in the AFL.
by Beaussie
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The NRL with Parramatta vs Melbourne playing for a Top 4 spot was live on Channel 9 and ranked 52nd in Melbourne with 32,000 viewers. Meanwhile, Brisbane vs Richmond in the AFL on 7mate was ranked 43rd in Sydney. Gee whiz Sydney 4 Nine THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE 8 Nine THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE -PRE MATC...
by WookieReturns
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sure thing bummy. But of course when you break down the numbers proportionately to respective broadcast lengths, and advertisement time availability, RL is easily the most valuable sport on Australian TV. You know this but your raging bias and fumble fever will preclude you from ever admitting it. ...
by Beaussie
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL and cricket generate more tourism than Raiders and Brumbies in Canberra

If not a combined NT and North Queensland team, then yeah Canberra makes sense for the 20th team. Extra broadcast money would like you say, pay for it, along with lots of travelling fans to the ACT to support the local economy. I’ve posted before that a Northern Australian team would also be a good...
by Fred
Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Qld Teams in VFL qualifying finals

If this doesn’t make a mockery of the AFL calling the seconds league for Vic, NSW, qld the VFL than I don’t k is what will. Three teams in the qualifying finals of the VFL?? Great for footy in QLD and all, but seriously!!! Anyway, I’ll be down there next week at Southport Sharks. Should be a good ga...
by Beaussie
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter V’landys: The AFL are scared of competition

https://youtu.be/bYxWy6wdBMk https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/121965441_3730091020375353_5219639019365237182_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=nLD5Omq8NSoAX_V7Gai&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9YKRJmnhmwjammf3UPEj8yXcEt4WpDpkmNiW9KqQ1gmA&oe=...
by TLPG
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL announces 7 year, 4.5billion (642m pa) media deal

Tasmania needs to be sooner than that.
by Beaussie
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals 2022

Prefer the soccer way where they celerbrate the best team as who is the best of the season is who finishes atop. But it is what it is. Often the best team in the year does not win the grand final. By all means have an end of year knock out comp (which is how I view finals) but the team that is cons...