Search found 44 matches

Return

by leeroy*NRL*
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Titans admit defeat in battle with Suns

I'm going to call it, i think Titans will win the battle of the crowds this year.. Titans will play 11 games at Robina 1 game at Suncorp Suns will play 9 games at Carrara and 2 games in NT I think you are correct….however my end year (average) figures for Suns v Titans only include home games playe...
by Beaussie
Mon May 01, 2023 6:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The NRL is stronger here than when the Giants started’: Swans, GWS want AFL to lift its game

From the Gemba report into NRL expansion, the AFL does have more work to do in NSW and QLD. https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/popular-png.1163936/ And whilst there are concerns with the Giants and Suns, I remember the same hysteria and calls to end the Swans and Bears in the early 90s when ...
by truthbomber
Tue May 02, 2023 6:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The NRL is stronger here than when the Giants started’: Swans, GWS want AFL to lift its game

Looking at the graph their is much optimism, figures approaching 30 % are not catastrophic, considering it's RL heart land. Rename the Giants to something that is more representative of Sydney. Enhance the game day experience with more concerts featuring local community bands and popular Sydney gro...
by AFLcrap1
Tue May 02, 2023 12:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Classic AFL delusional behaviour - there'll be no afl team in tasmania

Don’t they already have two adequate fumble stadiums down there
by Pete__09
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Broncos on their way to 50,000 members

Lets put this into perspective. Melbourne is AFL heartland & the city has a population of 5 Million people with around 750,000 members of the AFL. The Storm have about 15,000 members. Brisbane is Rugby League heartland & has a population of 2.28 million yet has only 50,000 members for the br...
by Pete__09
Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Broncos on their way to 50,000 members

I read your post & that is why I sent mine. You guys have had no growth in the last 10 years. Without the pokies your silly sport would be broke.
by Beaussie
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Broncos V Dolphins @ the Gabba

So how did the NRL go with the apparent sellout Gabba for Broncos vs Dolphins? Close to a capacity crowd? Nup, thousands of empty seats.

But it’s an oval configuration I hear the leaguies say. 😂
by Fred
Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NRL crowds in Sydney

The NRL should arrange for an NRL club in Sydney to play as a curtain raiser to the Swan”s home games - not only would they get to play in front of a decent crowd, they’d also save on stadium costs and the few supporters that do go for the nrl curtain raiser will get to see a decent game of footy an...
by GlobalRugbyLeague
Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The AFL will be watching the NRLs Las Vegas exhibition game very closely just like they did with Magic Round.

They were broke before covid and they received no funding from Super League, which was one, but only one factor in their demise. Covid delayed their departure and gave time for their many creditors to start legal action. Super league rejected their application to rejoin, and who could blame them. R...
by truthbomber
Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is GWS a Canberra team or Western Sydney team?

Canberra is a GWS state. They love the Giants down there. The Giants are loved nowhere by nobody. They’re the homeless bastard child of no one!! Canberra is obviously owned by the Raiders. Skips mind has skipped a few beats here! Bounce off to the bush skip and give ya self a round of uppercuts. Th...
by WookieReturns
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel fights claims it inflates NRL and AFL viewing audiences

IF there out its going to be a similar percentage in both codes. The original fox number ie. the 300k or what ever is worked out by OzTam . Its only going to be kayo number that might change, so maybe 70% instead of 90% Nothing changes, RL is still the dominant code by the length of the straight an...
by Fred
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One thing is undisputed. AFL is the gay communities sport of choice.

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:27 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:08 pm
So what ? What’s the point here? I think it is a popular sport with many varying communities?
Trying to get outrage responses…thats the point.

What’s there to be outraged about though How can one be outraged and offended when there’s nothing to be offended by ?
by Beaussie
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

GWS need to focus on Western Sydney only and really push local engagement. I have been attending AFL games in Sydney since 1990. I remember really sad looking Swans crowds at the SCG and talk of ending the AFL expansion idea in NSW. A Swans membership base back then of a bit over 3,000. Gees I stil...
by Beaussie
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Stupid decision on many levels. Homebush is not greater western Sydney. Neither is Canberra. They should have toughed it out at Blacktown. They would have got the respect of the local community for doing so. Their crowds may not be any better but at least they would be seen as a true greater wester...