Search found 180 matches

Return

by Fred
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

I think the giants should’ve been placed elsewhere in Sydney/NSW, it is going to be a long hard slog and they can’t afford to be towards the bottom of the ladder. The AFL is committed to their long term survival but there is a lot of work to do to develop support in the area. The afl did do their h...
by Fred
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Canadians like Rugby League a lot more than Chinese like AFL.

One hundred percent correct. Rl has had more success than afl in having games and interest overseas. Afl explored NZ at the request of st kilda . Was indeed like warm at best and ceased. Afl is a one country sport in the main, our countries sport... our national sport. Wish the afl would stop with t...
by AFLcrap1
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do GWS have any REAL supporters??

Lol what a deflection CS
You lot run when the truth is exposed
by Fred
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free tickets as Desperation times for the NRL

Storm Raiders Grand Final would be great for ratings. People who are going to watch are going to watch - but having two fringe teams will draw those supporters in. I probably wouldn't be watching if Storm were not playing for instance.
by Fred
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we all agree they have some way to go re: winning hearts and minds in Western Sydney. It took the swans a long long time to get where they are. But we have a beginning. A seedling if you like where once there was baron ground. And that was the whole point of placing the Giants in Western Syd...
by Fred
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

So the AFL grand final out rated the NRL grand Final - with the NRL grand final in prime time Sunday night....... winning!!!!!!! Oh wait - lets bring in other games to discuss - as AFL winning doesn't fit my narrative...... This is from the fuckwit who went on about the AFL grand final ratings being...
by Fred
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think it is desperation times really, well not in regard to this. I think it is desperation times in regard to their win/loss ratio however. The Suns now have the NT as part of their zone to recruit from or something like that and I'm guessing the pay off is they play this game there and hav...
by Fred
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Agree with SoO being stand alone - playing teams with their stars out I feel takes away from the NRL competition.
by leagueiscrap
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Battle of the Codes .

Doubt it. Rl is virtually non existent at grassroots outside qld and New South Wales so it would take a lot of work to build from that low base. It has gained some interest re say the storm in Victoria I think but grassroots ... it is miniscule. Perth does slightly better but still minor. The afl h...
by Quolls2019
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Battle of the Codes .

Leroy NRL’s question was specifically about the NRL, you know the major Rugby League in Australia, Fred’s comments were in response to that question, and therefore limited to the Australian situation. For anybody to use international examples to counter a purely domestic discussion and scenario show...
by Fred
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Firstly... what’s with all this “pal” stuff. You come across as trying too hard to sound tough. Now. If you read the thread you may have some idea.... PAL..... You will see the thread title ... about Melbourne Storm. I follow the storm and have noted what a successful club it is. How it has grown a ...
by Fred
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Well it’s not Melbourne people starting this thread .... just saying. And it is others who proclaim Melbourne to be this or that . I would say Sydney has the best harbour ... it’s awesome.
by leagueiscrap
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Also for the dimwit, the storm cost 6 million a year which they got from news corp who got that money from ripping the NRL off for years in regards TV rights. The Suns and GWS have already cost over $177 million, and that's what they let people know, imagine the real figures. 8 years ago GWS joined...
by pussycat
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NRL shares up 16% on Fox! WOW just Wow

The Australian.
by pussycat Mark 11
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The NRL is set to finish the season on a high after stunning financial results Rugby league boss Peter V'landys has successfully steered the NRL through a financial crisis Senior Sports Writer 7:43PM December 1, 2020 :cheers: The NRL is set to emerge from the COVID-19 crisis better than anyone could...