Jump to topic

Re: EXPANISON IN SPORT

I find it amazing that there is only 1 team in Brisbane
by Fred
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

If you know anything at all about statistical analysis 5000 boxed is a pretty good sample size and inferring to the population is generally seen as pretty accurate. Go and see how they quality assure a can of Coke is close to the 375ml mark ... they use one randomly selected can and do a single samp...
by AFLcrap1
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

803k for the nrl last night to the AFLs 943k Another weekend, another flogging But remember the words of the great Wookster pal, "The truth is very much subjective especially in the interpretation of survey based ratings systems. There are no absolutes." Yep, it's not absolute. So RL may ...
by Fred
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SOO 2019

Call it what you will but it is one of the major sporting events in the country as is shown by its ability to draw people in who would normally not follow a sport. Just like both codes gf, Melbourne Cup etc.
by Terry
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: As the State of Origin show rolls into WA, one thing stands in the way of an NRL team in Perth

So what exactly is this article saying? What is the one thing standing in the way? Is it crowds? Is it tv ratings? Is it funding? As usual the article headline is misleading and in this case it makes a statement it doesn't answer. Let's have a clear mind look at it.......me!!! Crowds: RL crowds alwa...
by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: As the State of Origin show rolls into WA, one thing stands in the way of an NRL team in Perth

I agree the size of the next tv deal will be what makes the decision in Perth for a team. But the article saying it will struggle for fans isn't true. They have sold out Australia vs New Zealand tests for Rugby League in Perth. I actually think Rugby League is more popular in Perth than Melbourne. S...
by SportCapital
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is State of Origin more important than Afl finals footy inWA?

Great turn out for RL in WA.
A world class, Australian standard, crowd, blowing the French and Italian standards the NRL apparently rate well with off the map.

And at last a crowd bigger than AFLW. =D

How WA keep missing out on a team is beyond me.
by Fred
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is State of Origin more important than Afl finals footy inWA?

Oh I know. But to shut AFLcrap up just post the thing cats wrote. Cut and paste it .... please. And can we let the poke stuff go too as it only gives him something else to bang on forever about. Yes, the whole meltdown thing is tedious and juvenile particularly in such a forum where discussion and c...
by AFLcrap1
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EXPANISON IN SPORT

Seriously ..no one can be this stupid & function in society .
by SportCapital
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Neither.
It's a product of this graph Leeroy.

The projection is the moving average X 27(AFL) 29(NRL).
Covering H&A and the finals for both comps I believe.

Make sense?
by Terry
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

when you take into account 1 test match = 5 days handful of ODI and T20's plus BIG BASH> than corporates and members which is expensive for a day at the cricket. Cricket is the prime money maker for the SCG Trust. 11 AFL games just do not cut the $$ Citation for that? Number of event days is pretty...
by pussycat
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is definitely part of the ARLC season. All our matches are scheduled around it, all our best players are involved in it. And fan and media attention are squarely centred around it during this period. Fred you seem to be of the belief that because the AFL only has a club competition in its season...
by Fred
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Travel

Well could be back to Tahiti ... just different islands. Air fares about the same. Misses was thinking Papeete for a few days and I’d want to go back to Thalasso bora bora and another island. I still like Cook Islands as 1 it is different country I haven’t been to but Tahiti I was awesome. The link ...
by Terry
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

did it take a hit because of the cricket ? India v NZ 200k on FOX 9Gem 254,000 (regional unavailable) Seems like it, 450k is a good number. I'd say a lot of casual fans chose the cricket. But as I've stated before FTA ratings are dropping everywhere. Last years AFL & NRL GF's both had the lowes...
by Quolls2019
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Attendance figures for the 2 Gold Coast teams. Gold Coast average is for both teams. Titans Suns Gold Coast Year Ave. Ave. Ave. 2019 11,206 11,685 22,891 2018 12,807 13,547 26,354 2017 13,688 13,663 27,351 2016 13,806 11,561 25,367 2015 11,236 12,361 23,597 2014 13,194 16,092 29,286 2013 14,028 13,9...