Search found 153 matches

Return

by Fred
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football Club Memberships

I think membership figures are so all over the place they are hardly a measure of anything!
by Fred
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rank the Codes in QLD

I think it is without question that Aussie rules is the number 2 sport in Qld
by Fred
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL and cricket generate more tourism than Raiders and Brumbies in Canberra

Also not a big fan of suns playing home games away from Gold Coast either.
by Fred
Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Qld Teams in VFL qualifying finals

If this doesn’t make a mockery of the AFL calling the seconds league for Vic, NSW, qld the VFL than I don’t k is what will. Three teams in the qualifying finals of the VFL?? Great for footy in QLD and all, but seriously!!! Anyway, I’ll be down there next week at Southport Sharks. Should be a good ga...
by Fred
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

V'Landy's is never going to release the NRL figures now lol.
by Fred
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL announces 7 year, 4.5billion (642m pa) media deal

and there was this also in the article: The AFL extended their rights for just two years. V’landys awarded Foxtel a seven-year extension until 2027, believed to be for an annual payment of $300m. It was done at a time there was no rival bidder, and he separated pay TV from free-to-air, meaning that ...
by Fred
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some serious butt hurt from many of the NRL folks here -trying to find something to hang their hat on, trying to find something negative about the TV deal lol. And all the bluster and all the comments that have been shown to be wrong. Can someone make a list of all of these to go in one post - would...
by Fred
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s amazing - Every commentator I’ve heard, afl, nrl or neutral have said how great the deal was and how this looks poor for the nrl - accept here of course where most nrl posters see it as a personal affront that AFL does so well. Of course, the deal flies in the face of all their comments about h...
by Fred
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Paramount continues to be a player in sports rights we may very well find ourselves getting substantially more for our rights next time - long before 2031. I think this could have some merit - but it is all speculation. What we do know is that AFL gets substantially more than the NRL - dwarfs th...
by Fred
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Munster

Yes, I think they come with a ready made fan base and food facilities and bring in a rugby league area to start with and an established club will be of great benefit
by Fred
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So the AFL is copying the NRL again and wanting to do a Magic Round .

1. not true 2. true - so hence low crowds at some games. I personally went to some Collingwood games. 3. We agree, that Magic round in Brisbane would definitely get people from interstate - adding to the local support. 4. I am pretty sure they only got back to full capacity for the grand final. I we...
by Fred
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby League WORLD CUP

Yes, I think it is a great concept. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole vibe around it - particuarly with Somoa in the final.
by Fred
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CHATGPT - Just for laughs

Okay - I had a little fun - don't get upset :) NRL AFL Fight Club is a notorious group comprised of some of the most passionate and hardcore fans of both Rugby League (NRL) and Australian Football League (AFL). Despite their intense rivalries and heated debates, it's well known within the club that ...
by Fred
Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NRL crowds in Sydney

The NRL should arrange for an NRL club in Sydney to play as a curtain raiser to the Swan”s home games - not only would they get to play in front of a decent crowd, they’d also save on stadium costs and the few supporters that do go for the nrl curtain raiser will get to see a decent game of footy an...
by Fred
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Thanks Wookie - seems women's soccer was the big winner this year. AFL winning the grand final from NRL. was to be expected I guess. Was surprised by how much though.