North Melbourne v Port Adelaide 141,000

The more things change the more they stay the same [-(
Plus FTA ? ? ?
by Fred
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Oh Pussy - the AFL have a reduced season - only 17 rounds - everyone playing each other only once.......... oh boy.
by Fred
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Well in the old days there was no way a forward would be leaving the forward line let alone venturing into the backline. So people used to play to their position... but yeah maybe some mandating wouldn’t hurt.
by Fred
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

There is a push to allow Gabba to open fully for GF. If this is the case, would the sell-out crowd be a record for the ground?
by Fred
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They may try and take our premierships but everyone knows the truth.

Bellamy I think is the one thing that makes Storm great. Greatest couch I think of any code in Australia.
by Fred
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The self anointed national sport

agree- registration or playing school programmes.
by Fred
Mon May 03, 2021 7:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m more interested in the total numbers not just fox. All I get from fox figures are that more people who like to watch Rl subscribe to fox.... which we all know anyhow. It’s a relatively small population.
by Fred
Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The GWS membership & crowds myth.

Another close game and those who attended for the first time will be back or at least be bitten by the bug that attending and afl game live does. Can’t beat a close game whatever the sport. It’s just enthralling ... and if you win it !!
by Fred
Mon May 10, 2021 7:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You’ve never seen an nrl Game 4500???
by Fred
Wed May 12, 2021 9:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is indeed true. Projection I think
by Fred
Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soccer Broadcast Rights

You’d think the the second most popular sport in Australia’s biggest city would get bigger dollars ?
by Fred
Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn’t say it means nothing. You obviously have people interested enough to pay for Fox and understandably so given this is the main way to see the game. Same with FTA... ratings are likely to be lower for NRL as there is more likely to be more supporters who have fox thus watching it on there. ...
by Fred
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Yeah - I guess there is a different culture with rl folk and tickets. It shows when the product is good they tend to go. Sort of debunks the whole - people stay at home as better to watch on TV theory re: low crowds in NRL. And once you get the crowd you get the atmosphere. I know going to Collingwo...
by Fred
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But isn't it said prime time also avails itself to better opposition??? Or is that only for Sunday night grand finals?
by Fred
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

of course it has you up against better programming playing in Primetime. with any sport or tv show, it is up against popular programs. does not mean it will not rate So is prime time a ratings advantage or not? For years RL fans have claimed it isn't because opposition programs are more popular. ov...