Search found 2 matches

by weekender
Sat Oct 10, 2026 9:39 am
Forum: The Fight Club (AFL vs NRL vs RA vs FFA)
Topic: Peter V’landys: The AFL are scared of competition
Replies: 22
Views: 16787

Re: Peter V’landys: The AFL are scared of competition

I support neither NRL or ALF, however as my better half likes NRL I get exposed to it on TV when not out on the boat. I have noted that NRL has one obsession in the media....every commontator I have heard spends more time telling the audience that RL is the greatest game of all and that the crowd ...
by weekender
Sat Oct 10, 2026 9:27 am
Forum: NRL - National Rugby League
Topic: NRL boss Peter V’landys hints at copying AFL with introduction of wildcard finals
Replies: 6
Views: 1801

Re: NRL boss Peter V’landys hints at copying AFL with introduction of wildcard finals

NRL seem to stuggle coming up with their own initiatives. At the recent grand final it was not missed that the load speakers played chants from other codes to try and engage the crowd in creating an atmosphere. Along with the sound track was crowd noise which was pretty clear as the recorded chant ...