Money can by a token Aboriginal

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Money can by a token Aboriginal

Post by Grim Reaper »

See that the non-elected 'leader' of the National Indigenous Council is now jumping on the Australia Day bandwagon.....see what a few dollars being given from the Government can make you become.....good one Goodes!

Adam Goodes, the Sydney Swans and Aboriginal footballer, said he had never celebrated Australia Day until yesterday. Now he wanted to be part of it. He ran off with the Queen's baton, on its way to the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

So every Aboriginal dancer at citizenship ceremonies around the country is also a token? What about all those Aboriginal people who have been awarded Australian of the year awards. Tokens as well? :roll:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yes! And what is this nonsense about dancing at citizenship ceromonies?....When the Convicts got here in 1788 our mob were not there doing Welcome to Country dances for these criminals! The dancing ceremoines are just for the amusment of the whites and are meaningless....I find it offensive and disgusting...and know many other blackfellas who say likewise.....Why have a feel good ceremony on a day that is akin to Poles celebrating the invasion of their country by Germany on September 1, 1939!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I couldn't really care less. Yesterday was not a day I was celebrating anyway. What Goodes did however was more to do with the Commonwealth Games baton relay. Bit harsh to label him a token because he participated. He is proud of his Aboriginal heritage and that's all that should matter.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well being involved with the Commonwealth Games bullshit is very very tokenistic! How does Adam like running for his Monarch I wonder?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

He probably didn't even think about that and was more interested in participating and getting some of the spotlight on the nightly news. I assume he would have been honoured to have been part of the games baton relay through Sydney.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Am sure he was very honoured to get that baton and run thorogh Sydney knowing the cheque was in the mail....At least that is something they can talk about at the next meeeting of the un-elected 'representatives' at the National Wannabe Indigenous Council!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yes they're un-elected on the NIC and it is a pathetic situation, but what alternative is there under the current government? Can't say I've heard much of what Goodes stands for when it comes to news from the NIC.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

The NIC does not say anything as they are useless....If Adam was a man he shoud resign from that tokenistic group and get some credibility back....
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Can't say I agree or disagree as I really don't know what NIC stands for. You just don't hear anything from them. I have heard Howard was saddened to see Warren Mundine leave though, claiming he was more in tune with Liberal party thinking.
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

youre a tool GM stop having a whinge about unimportand crap willya?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Fuck off Sean you wanker....you have no idea what we are talking about....dumb Anglo!
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

whatever man you obviously fancy yourself an a hardcore wannabe revolutionary so i'll jst leave you too it, have fuin saving the rainforests or whatever it is you guys do these days
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yep, a hardcore, wannabe, revolutionary is our Grim. :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Dont give a shit about rainforests or fucking whales....but do stick up for the Lebs against Anglo garbage anyday!