Week 1 Finals Predictions

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Week 1 Finals Predictions

Post by Beaussie »

West Coast vs Sydney
Geelong vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs St Kilda
Kangaroos vs Port Adelaide

Anyone else rate the Swans a chance at Subi? Confidence is a wonderful thing and Sydney seems to have plenty of that at the moment. Despite Sydney's woeful record at Subiaco, I'm confident the Swans can get up over there. Adelaide beating the Eagles last week proves West Coast can be brought undone at home. Kick a bag for us Baz. :P

Despite tipping the Crows, I think that match is going to be very close with Gehrig, Maguire and Guerra coming back for the Saints and no Ricciuto for the Crows. Still it is going to be difficult for the Saints to win at Footy Park. Crows, but only just.

As for the other two elimination finals, Geelong should just get over the Dees, whilst the Kangaroos will thrash the so called Power from Port.

Well guys and gals, what are you tips for this weekend?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

who cares?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
who cares?
Awww, have a cry like Aker why don't you. Yes your teams season is over. Deal with it child.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

crocodileman wrote:
who cares?
:lol: Noone in brissy thats for sure. Last i heard lee mathews is still drinking rum and metho with coke, akamanis is in therapy after his obvious emotional instability (i saw tears after someone shouldered him last weekend!), hes just another big girl, no different to reiwoldt :lol: . Mal michael was last seen at hungry jacks scoffing burgers with voss. And the much hailed jonothan brown slipped over and got his two front teeth firmly stuck in leppitches fat ass, they're both in hospital.

I understand your feelings croc :wink:

Whatta team those lions were this season!!! :P

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

WEST COAST - sydney
GEELONG - melbourne
ADELAIDE - stkilda
KANGAROOS - PORT ADELAIDE

so BA you gonna tell us who cdt tipped?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
so BA you gonna tell us who cdt tipped?
My apologies. I had a big night out at the Aussie Rules Club and didn't get the chance to update the tipping comps till now.

I feel so gutted after last nights loss. Fuck I hate footy sometimes. Sydney blew it best chance for a flag in 05. Sure we get a home final this week, but after that it is back on the road again should we win. As for umpires, I fucking hate those merkins. I'm sick of those merkins ruining football. :evil:
dr nick
Team:

Post by dr nick »

I dont know why coaches arent allowed to rip into the umps and deservedly so.

If they wanted more people taking up umpiring and improve the standard they'd pay them more instead of taking the soft option and telling people, oh no, you cant say they are doing a bad job, it might hurt their feelings.

Clear out the dead wood, get more umpires by giving salaries upwards of $100,000 and make it open slather and make some of them accountable for their appalling umpiring skills.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Whilst I'll concede the Swans missed opportunities (eg: Kennelly and Goodes missing goals), I'm still fucking pissed off with the standard of umpiring. We were fucking robbed of victory. I thought the standard of umpiring is supposed to improve during the finals with the best umpires available. The standard on Friday night was absolute rubbish.

Perhaps you're on to something doc with improving the standard by paying them more and clearing out the dead wood. To a certain extent I think they already are somewhat accountable, despite any criticism from players, clubs etc bringing with it massive fines. I mean, I don't think McInerney will get another game during the finals series after his performance on Friday night. Well I certainly hope not. :evil:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
crocodileman wrote:
who cares?
Awww, have a cry like Aker why don't you. Yes your teams season is over. Deal with it child.
Clearly this was posted prior to the Swans game on Friday night!

Tell me Beaussie, who's season is over??? :lol:

The Lions may be drowning their sorrows, but they're doing it in 3 recent premiership cups. The Swans will have to do some serious brasso work on theirs!!!! :o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Sydney's season is still well and truly alive. Geelong this week then the Saints the following week before meeting the Crows in the GF. :cool:
Bridget Jones
Team:

Post by Bridget Jones »

Cheer Cheer the Red & the White, Beaussie! Sydney will thrash Geelong at the SCG. We've seen it all before. It's just a shame we're not going to Telstra on friday night where we would have had a bigger crowd.

... ah! New Year's Resolution: drink less... and quit smoking... and quit talking nonsense to total strangers... hehe... ahh...
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Shall see you at the SCG Bridget. :wink:

Don't worry, we'll get a bigger crowd than the Wests Tigers at Telstra anyway. They would have been better off playing at Campbelltown.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

It's all falling apart for the Swans after that schemozzle at Subiaco on Friday night. Poor old Swans just didn't kick enough goals again. They got 14 points up and thought they were 100 points in front. Did you see the interview with Roos after the game?

I bet he caught the red-eye home and gave his wife a good old fashioned flogging! He had rage in his eyes - I mean, watching your season crumble when just minutes before he was planning GF week preparations for his side!

Funny stuff! :lol:

How sweet it is!

Ironically, the Swans won me over $600 on Friday night - I backed either team to win by less than 15.5 points at $3.15 on unitab!! When the Swans got 14 points in front at 3/4 time I knew I was home as they were always going to try to shut the game down!

Thanks Roosy!!

I also had a little $100 dabble on the Power to beat North Melbourne by more than 15.5 points at $2.85, so it was a very productive gambling weekend for me!!

I was a bit upset, however, as I was tempted to back the Power to win by more than 60 points at $18 - I was going to throw $20 on it but thought better of it! Damn it!

I got plenty Beaussie if you wanna back your mob this weekend - just name your price!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Already have made an offer for a wager. You don't seem to have the balls to take me up on that offer though. Oh well.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie - I'm on a roll at the minute and there's a fair sized wad in my pocket that I'm hiding from the missus. Get on while you can - I'll accommodate up to $700 if you're game.