Old scraggly lions

Australian Football news and discussion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Old scraggly lions

Post by King-Eliagh »

I was lucky enough to view the first and last quarters of last nights bulldogs and lions game and i must say my predictions about the lions have been spot on all year. :lol: Voss is just an old hack, mal michael is fat, and jonathon brown looks like and would play no better than bugs bunny. I loved the commentary too i recall them saying something like the young dogs are giving the old stars of yester year a pounding :lol:

On a serious note though if by some miracle the lions do make the eight they will not make it past the first round. Their defence is absolutely woeful. A slow and sluggish backline that provides no go forward, no contests, and no endeavour is never going to win games in finals footy. :>::

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Despite last nights disappointing loss to the Dogs, I still think the Lions will be on the prowl during September. I don't think they are capable of winning the premiership though.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

You are very very wrong beaussie. :)

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: Old scraggly lions

Post by King-Eliagh »

King-Eliagh wrote:
On a serious note though if by some miracle the lions do make the eight they will not make it past the first round. Their defence is absolutely woeful. A slow and sluggish backline that provides no go forward, no contests, and no endeavour is never going to win games in finals footy. :>::
And let me now add to this. In the last two rounds the lions have scored no more than 90 points. Their attack is also absolutely woeful. Slow and sluggish forward lines never win games in finals footy.

As a lions supporter i'd love to hear your thoughts on this croc. Whats going on with this team? I think im right but hey something else might be going on that is causing the players to play so shit?

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Injuries to key players has killed off any chance of the Lions playing finals footy.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh beaussie you really dont have much upstairs do you. Injuries shminjuries, all teams have 'em, its part of footy, the lions were crap all season with and without their old scraggly so called stars.

xman wrote: