Match of the Round - Not According to Channel 10

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Match of the Round - Not According to Channel 10

Post by Beaussie »

Whilst everyone would agree Adelaide v Sydney is the match of the round this week, Channel 10 in all their wisdom are only showing the game in the Sydney and Adelaide markets via the Fox Footy feed (not even Canberra is getting the match).

All other cities will get the Western Bulldogs v Brisbane. Yeah that sounds like a real blockbuster. :roll:

Dumb decision Channel 10
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

Hmmm i think the made the right choice sorry BA but i think the dogs game will be alot closer than most think.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Pickles you really think the lions were capable of making it close? :lol: The lions suck they were in the game for about 14 mins last night, 7 mins at the start of the game and seven mins in the third quarter.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
Hmmm i think the made the right choice sorry BA but i think the dogs game will be alot closer than most think.
In the end not as close or as exciting (heart breaking for Swans fans) as Adelaide vs Sydney.

Gees, missed opportunities really hurt the Swans last night. As Roos said today, we should of and could have won last night.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
pickles wrote:
In the end not as close or as exciting (heart breaking for Swans fans) as Adelaide vs Sydney.

Gees, missed opportunities really hurt the Swans last night. As Roos said today, we should of and could have won last night.
Beaussie, you are incapable of logical argument on this one.

The Bulldogs/Lions game included 41 goals;

The Swans/Crows game included 14 goals (of which the Swans kicked only 6! :lol: :lol: )

The lead changed hands 7 times in the Lions/Bulldogs game, the lead changed hands twice in the Crows/Swans game.

If you were an objective person Beaussie, :lol: what game would you rather have watched? People can't stomach the Swans 6 goals a game! It's a friggin' joke - no wet weather, not difficult conditions, a perfect night for football - what a disgrace they are.

As for Roos comments that they could have and should have won the game - well kick some fukking goals and you may just win a game. I've never before heard of a coach of a team that had just kicked 6 goals for an entire game claim that his team should have won! Unbelievable stuff!

Remember on the coverage issue, the Crows/Swans game was in Adelaide (CST) meaning that programming was much easier if the EST game was shown.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
As for Roos comments that they could have and should have won the game - well kick some fukking goals and you may just win a game. I've never before heard of a coach of a team that had just kicked 6 goals for an entire game claim that his team should have won! Unbelievable stuff!
That was exactly his point. We should have kicked more goals. The last quarter was woeful and really cost the Swans the game. You can't be expected to win when you only kick 1.6 in the final quarter when it mattered most.
crocodileman wrote:
Remember on the coverage issue, the Crows/Swans game was in Adelaide (CST) meaning that programming was much easier if the EST game was shown.
Didn't seem to be a programming problem in Sydney. Based on the the (CST) time, the game was actually live in Sydney. Why that wasn't the case in other cities can only be explained by Channel 10 making a major scheduling stuff up. Seriously, what game do you think was more attractive to most Australians, 2nd vs 3rd or two teams struggling to even make the top 8?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

1. That's the Swans problem nearly every week - not kicking enough goals - even if they had kicked 6.1 instead of 1.6 in the last quarter that still gives them a paltry amount of goals.

And Beaussie, it doesn't just come down to the last quarter to kick goals - the three other quarters are equally as important.

The guy (Roos) has gall to suggest they should have won when experts have been heckling his team all year for the exact reason they lost on Saturday night. Again, what was wrong with the conditions at AAMI stadium that at three quarter time they had only kicked 5 goals? Was there a tsunami affecting the ground or may there have been something amiss with the Swans game plan? Please try to think outside the square for once.

2. On your coverage point, and as previously stated, no-one likes to watch the Swans on TV for the reasons as stated in point 1 above. If you look at the stats, both Brisbane and the Bulldogs have conservatively kicked 50 goals each more than the Swans have this season - that's at least 3 goals a game (each) more than Sydney.

Considering that advertisements are usually shown at the break after a goal is kicked, that's a lot more revenue Channel 10 will make by not showing the Swans. Clearly, Channel 10 would be in receivership if they televised the Swans each week. :lol:

Even your stooge Pickles says that you're wrong on this one!
:lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
1. That's the Swans problem nearly every week - not kicking enough goals - even if they had kicked 6.1 instead of 1.6 in the last quarter that still gives them a paltry amount of goals.
Still sees Sydney in 4th place. What does that say about all other teams below them?
crocodileman wrote:
And Beaussie, it doesn't just come down to the last quarter to kick goals - the three other quarters are equally as important.
The Swans were in control for most of the match. What's that say about the 2nd placed Crows?
crocodileman wrote:
2. On your coverage point, and as previously stated, no-one likes to watch the Swans on TV for the reasons as stated in point 1 above. If you look at the stats, both Brisbane and the Bulldogs have conservatively kicked 50 goals each more than the Swans have this season - that's at least 3 goals a game (each) more than Sydney.

Considering that advertisements are usually shown at the break after a goal is kicked, that's a lot more revenue Channel 10 will make by not showing the Swans. Clearly, Channel 10 would be in receivership if they televised the Swans each week. :lol:

Even your stooge Pickles says that you're wrong on this one!
:lol:
Yet the 2nd vs 3rd Crows v Swans game was a tight, tough, tussle, unlike the blowout between two wannabe teams struggling to even make the top 8. Ah well, finals are quickly approaching. We wont have to worry about tv scheduling then as the Swans will no doubt be featuring. Shame you can't say the same about the Lions with their inconsistent form week in week out. They'll be lucky if they even scrape in the top 8 me thinks now.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

I'm just trying to explain some valid reasons to you to show why the Lions were televised and not the Swans on saturday. The fact that you refuse to accept this logic and try to denigrate a team that could validly be called the best team that has played the game only denigrates you and your views.

Bottom line however, when you talk about the Swans and their finals coverage, you may be jumping the gun somewhat. By my reckoning, the Swans are yet to qualify as they only have 11 wins. Despite a good draw home, they still have a huge question mark about a top 4 spot and dare I say it, even a top 8 position. :o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Bottom line however, when you talk about the Swans and their finals coverage, you may be jumping the gun somewhat. By my reckoning, the Swans are yet to qualify as they only have 11 wins. Despite a good draw home, they still have a huge question mark about a top 4 spot and dare I say it, even a top 8 position. :o
You wanna have a wager on the Swans making the finals? I'm very confident they will make it. Are you as confident that they wont? Comon chicken shit, put your money where your mouth is.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

What odds are you offering about them missing the Top 4? And the Top 8? Please do some research before you get back to me and don't insult my intelligence by offering even money or shiite like that! Check some betting sites first!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hey croc i find it funny you find it so easy to attack the swans who are by far and away a better side than the lions this season and yet you can never defend your precious pussy cats from what i say about them week in week out? Just seems odd to me.

By the way, the lions possibly have the worst defensive line in the afl this season :lol: No surprise the best mark of the year so far was on top of a big fat pussy cat :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey croc i find it funny you find it so easy to attack the swans who are by far and away a better side than the lions this season
I guess we'll see in 10 days or so!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey croc i find it funny you find it so easy to attack the swans who are by far and away a better side than the lions this season
I guess we'll see in 10 days or so!
I thought we already got a result on that front earlier in the season when the Lions and Swans met at the Gabba. Refresh my memory, who won that game again? :lol:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Why not go back even further and analyse the results of Lions -v- Swans games in 2004, or for the years 2001 - 2003!

I can recall one preliminary final in 2003 at Telstra Stadium that I have fond memories of! :lol: