Rugby League in the USA vs AFL in China

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Rugby League in the USA vs AFL in China

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

So both codes are trying to grow their codes in the worlds largest markets.

Who will have more success?
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Rugby League in the USA vs AFL in China.

Post by NlolRL »

which sport has grown more in Australia?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Stick to the fucking topic .
The topic is China or USA
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

The AFL game sellout in Shanghai, along with other promotion and development of aussie rules in China will soon spark widespread interest in the code.
Rugby League in the USA is on a road to nowhere.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaaa
How many overseas pro or semi pro teams are there in afl .
Please post the countries .
Here I'll help

That is all

Oh & this imaginary interest is it anything like the Nz interest ?

What happened there .
Lol
CYCLEWAYS to nowhere is more popular .

🀣
Xman wrote
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks
Been liked: 0

Post by rugby365 »

Is i actually sold out based on ticket sales or is it sold out because the tickets were given away? And wasn't it a sell out last year but then the stadium was half empty
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

rugby365 wrote: ↑Thu May 10, 2018 1:29 pm
Is i actually sold out based on ticket sales or is it sold out because the tickets were given away? And wasn't it a sell out last year but then the stadium was half empty
Yep apparently 5k chose to go out the back & eat instead of watching .
Must have been riveting stuff on field

🀣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Thu May 10, 2018 9:36 pm
Well, this is a real toughy. Where to try to expand?????

The Australian Fumbling League has chosen the People's Republic of China. It is a totalitarian ruled Communist oligarchy where most of the population live in abject poverty. Basically it is a third world country with pockets of Gov't chosen wealth.

The official language is Mandarin but there are hundredes of different dialects spoken all round the country. Their social structure, politics, culture, customs & traditions are polar opposites to Australia. Sport of any kind is not a big part of their lives.

Yeah........seems like it'd be pretty easy to get the game going over there.........lolololololololololol.

Rugby League on the other hand is trying the USA. America is the richest country in the world. The official language is English. The population of 320m has one of the highest living standards & wealth per capita in the world. They are a sport loving country with strong cultural, social, economic & sporting ties to Australia. Their main football code, Gridiron, evolved from the game of Rugby as did RL.

Hmmmmmmm........I dunno!!! This is real, real tough. If I was an astute sporting administrator where would I go to get the greatest benefit of expanding the game???? Lololololololololololololollolol.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Terry wrote: ↑Fri May 11, 2018 10:04 am

The Australian Fumbling League has chosen the People's Republic of China. It is a totalitarian ruled Communist oligarchy where most of the population live in abject poverty. Basically it is a third world country with pockets of Gov't chosen wealth.

The official language is Mandarin but there are hundredes of different dialects spoken all round the country. Their social structure, politics, culture, customs & traditions are polar opposites to Australia. Sport of any kind is not a big part of their lives.

Yeah........seems like it'd be pretty easy to get the game going over there.........lolololololololololol.

Rugby League on the other hand is trying the USA. America is the richest country in the world. The official language is English. The population of 320m has one of the highest living standards & wealth per capita in the world. They are a sport loving country with strong cultural, social, economic & sporting ties to Australia. Their main football code, Gridiron, evolved from the game of Rugby as did RL.

Hmmmmmmm........I dunno!!! This is real, real tough. If I was an astute sporting administrator where would I go to get the greatest benefit of expanding the game???? Lololololololololololololollolol.
Well said man, I don't think AFL realises how alien a market it is that they are targeting.

Maybe they should market the game as aerial ping pong. As apparently ping pong ball is popular there.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sat May 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Well said man, I don't think AFL realises how alien a market it is that they are targeting.

Maybe they should market the game as aerial ping pong. As apparently ping pong ball is popular there.
I don't see any similarities between ping pong & fumbleball
Ping pong players are highly skilled athletes who have brilliant hand/eye coordination & lightning fast reflexes .
Afl players are the opposite .

🀣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Sat May 19, 2018 12:32 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sat May 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Ping pong players are highly skilled athletes who have brilliant hand/eye coordination & lightning fast reflexes .
Yeah you can't miss in table tennis unlike AFL. Will be interesting how this so called sellout looks. :cool:

Toronto Wolfpack Rugby League is still firing in Canada too. Stuff AFL dreams of in other countries lol..

πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

which is why a few NRL players who were given a free pass to play AFL, failed dismally. All that lack of skill and such...... :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Who says they failed dismally .
Higher paid than nearly all
Lauded by coachs & media
Played at the highest level in the fumble universe.

🀣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: ↑Sat May 19, 2018 1:12 pm
which is why a few NRL players who were given a free pass to play AFL, failed dismally. All that lack of skill and such...... :lol:
It is only the AFL wanting players from the NRL. Yet nobody in the NRL ever looks at AFL to get talent from.

Why would you want players that can't catch, are gangly and clumsy. And are used to kicking at huge goals areas with no crossbars?

And AFL players don't even look like oval ball code footballers compared to Union, Gridiron and League players.

AFL is even a real football code the way I see it lol.
A real football code is played on a rectangular field and does not have 6 goals with no crossbars.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sat May 19, 2018 3:41 pm
It is only the AFL wanting players from the NRL. Yet nobody in the NRL ever looks at AFL to get talent from.
wanting and succeeding a 2 massively different things. It's one thing for AFL coaches and recruiters to attempt to teach an athlete how to play AFL. It's another thing all together for one to actually succeed
Why would you want players that can't catch, are gangly and clumsy. And are used to kicking at huge goals areas with no crossbars?
anyone can catch a small throw that is uncontested, such as in RL. Dont even think that is a difficult skill. As for kicking, there would be maybe 40 shots at goal in an AFL game, yet close to 300 kicks in the game. Therefore the majority of kicks involve no crossbar at all
And AFL players don't even look like oval ball code footballers compared to Union, Gridiron and League players.
so? It's a different game ya clown
AFL is even a real football code the way I see it lol.
A real football code is played on a rectangular field and does not have 6 goals with no crossbars.
have you got an official definition of 'football code' to back up your claim?