Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:37 pm
Ball ups? Avg 30 seconds rest

Ball ins? Avg 30 seconds rest

Behinds? Avg 20 seconds rest

Goals? Avg 1-1.5mins rest

Add to that quarter time 6mins

Add to that 3 quarter time 6mins

Add to that afl half time 20 mins!!! :lol:

And .... Wait for it .... 90 interchanges , down from 120!!!! :(/ :rofl: :(/

Mah members and guests The distance and sprints cited on afl gps data by sport and nlol is completely nullified by the fact afl players get so so so so...so so so... So .... Soooooooo much more time to walk and sit on their arses than any other code. It's just the truth and common sense see. :cool:
I 'rest' my case :(/

Ball in: out of bounds called at 9 second mark, ball back in play at 23 second mark = 14 seconds, not 30 :^o

Ball up: called 1.02, ball back in play 1.14 = 12 seconds, not 30 :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Behind: 4.05, back in play 4.14 = 9 seconds, not 20 :^o

Add to that players are heading to their positions to defend the kick in, not standing still, so it is in no way a break.

Your case is busted we and truly KE :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Penalty: 6.20, play back on 6.50 = 30 second break :\:

Try: 12.18, play back on 14.18 = 2 minutes break of standing around

I rest my case
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

AFL players prance around the field like sugar plum fairies on heat. At the first sign of discomfort or being out of breath they stick there hand up and someone with fresh legs comes on and replaces them. the interchange tally drops to 89 and process begins all over again over and over, everybody running on fresh legs, It's like a never ending circle. But fortunately it does end with the end of the match. It may seem like 2 1/2 months not 2 1/2hours. The greatest hardship is not on the spritely, fresh legged players but on the spectators who are patiently waiting for the presentation to start.

On the other side of the coin we have Rugby League players. Bashed, battered, legs turned to jelly But they just keep getting back up .They must feel there carrying lead weights. Tackle count approaching 40 and experiencing collisions that have greater G-Fore than astronauts and fighter pilots will ever encounter . But they just keep getting back up.

Provided by LOL's links on the AFL
Early time-motion analysis studies highlighted the long periods of time players spent in low intensity activities (standing and walking). While recent studies utilizing global positioning systems (GPS) technology are somewhat in agreement with earlier findings, available evidence suggests that the game is getting faster.
:(/ :(/ :(/ the interchange is being dropped from 120 to 90 :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:05 am

Penalty: 6.20, play back on 6.50 = 30 second break :\:

Try: 12.18, play back on 14.18 = 2 minutes break of standing around

I rest my case
Aaahhh some video. It was only a matter of time.

Interesting to note at every NRL kick chase/change over, half the now attacking team completely stop and wait for the play to come to them. Usually at least two tackles, some times more.

NRL player thought bubble-
"Why bother running all the way down there and back my team, actually contribute, when I can stand back here and get in the way a bit and I'll eventually be onside, someone else will get it I hope. I'll join in then, I need some resty my legs time, I'm stuffed from all the walking"

That's just fucking lazy.
Literally quitting the game when the ball gets too far away.

The complete opposite happens in an AFL game. The ball is kicked and virtually the the whole field runs to follow and setup a path to goal. The wide shots clearly show this.
There's a term we use for this. "Gut running" I understand if you leaguers haven't heard of it. There's a bloody good reason it seems.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

You'se people really must live in a fantasy world. [-(

hand up, hand up interchange 86 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Jesus it's not hard to understand .
If you only get one break a game then fatigue is a major factor .
Compare that with multiple breaks ...multiple rests .

Some of these fumble blokes would clock up plenty of metres running to & from the interchange bench over & over & over
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 pm
Jesus it's not hard to understand .
If you only get one break a game then fatigue is a major factor .
Compare that with multiple breaks ...multiple rests .

Some of these fumble blokes would clock up plenty of metres running to & from the interchange bench over & over & over
the reason AFL teams use so many breaks is because the game on its own is so fast now it doesnt provide enough rest for players to maintain the required amount of running. Where as RL has enough slower or stagnant periods for players to remain on the field. You only have to look at the RL play to see there are only a few players running at one time. The rest remain in position and just amble along. So why the hell would they need breaks?

And yes, it's quite normal to see AFL players run to and from the interchange because the play is too fast to allow them to wander back and forward
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

I'll apologise in advance for taking this thread off topic for a mo. But when I typed in afl 'ball up' into YouTube I got this classic video.

Scott pendelbury :lol: apparently picking the ball up is something afl players need to teach and learn!!! :(/ :rofl: :(/

I mean for Fukushimas sake! :rofl: are they for fukking real??

:(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Alrighty, found a choice lil vid, well it was basically the first that wasn't too long and it's really helpful for those people like sport capital and nlol, who unlike me probably haven't played afl and just don't understand the amount of rest time players get.

It's a great lil vid for this thread and it shows a few ball ups, a penalty and a set shot miss :lol:

On the evidence at hand I'm happy to now readjust the ball up to only 15 seconds avg resty time (there's shitloads of ball ups by the way)

In regards to ball ins, I've showed one vid which shows 30sedonds plus, nlols shown one a fair bit quicker than that so I'll say fair play and put the avg in between at 24 seconds.

Now everyone, sit down, make urself comfortable and watch this short two minute video titled 'hawthorn moving the ball up the field'. I mean really watch it. It includes two ball ups, a penalty and a set shot at goal. It goes for 2minutes and 11seconds and I don't think anyone can tell me the vast majority of players are running for more than about 50seconds of the vid!!! Most the time they're walking or standing completely still, resting. :lol:

:lol: my favourite part? Queue to 1min 30 seconds and you'll see a man sprinting hard towards the sideline, the camera then zooms out and then you'll see several players (3 or 4 interchanges! :lol: ) also running faster than almost all of any players in the vid!

Furthermore whilst I've reduced my avg resty time for ball ups and ball ins I need to increase the time for goals and behinds because, as in this vid, goals and behinds often come off a mark where a set shot at goal takes place and stops the game for far longer than my 30second (behind) and 1minute (goal)

So the new resty times are

Ball in --- 24secomds

Ball up ---- 15 seconds

Behind ---- 40 seconds

Goal ---- 1min 20 seconds

The stoppages in play give afl players shit loads of rest, absolute shitloads!!! :rofl:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I showed you a video where the kick in after a behind took only 10 seconds or so, and a ball in that took 14 seconds, yet your video showed no behind or ball in. Yet you still claim a behind takes 40 seconds and a ball in takes 24 seconds? Idiot.

Furthermore, you can see during the AFL game that many players are moving quickly during stoppages because they are moving to set positions for the change in kicking direction. This happens all game, not like in RL where the lines of players just meander back and forward at a leisurely pace
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 pm
I showed you a video where the kick in after a behind took only 10 seconds or so, and a ball in that took 14 seconds, yet your video showed no behind or ball in. Yet you still claim a behind takes 40 seconds and a ball in takes 24 seconds? Idiot.

Furthermore, you can see during the AFL game that many players are moving quickly during stoppages because they are moving to set positions for the change in kicking direction. This happens all game, not like in RL where the lines of players just meander back and forward at a leisurely pace
There's a behind at the end of the video. I thought I told you to watch closely nlol! [-X

I already provided a vid of ball in before in this thread. It took about 35 seconds out of the game and 95% of players were walking or standing still the whole time :lol: don't pretend you didn't see it nlol :lol:

:lol: and I'm afraid ur dead wrong again with the vid showing many players moving quickly during stoppages, there's barely any, possibly max 10% of all players moving quickly during stoppages, prob much less. don't lie to our members and guests so blatantly nlol! [-X I mean anyone who watches the vid will now know that you don't have a clue what you're on about but, well, have some respect for yourself dude [-X

Pickup yer game nlol, you're letting this awesome thread down [-X

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

11.40 to 12.20 scrum. Players standing around for 40 seconds

15.15 to 16.10 another 55 second break for another scrum feed

23.03 to 25.02 try and kick, so 2 minute break where everyone stands around

Yet look at the play overall. The running and tackling etc is limited to a few players around the ball only, the rest just amble along. No wonder the distance covered only includes about 150-300m of sprinting for the entire game! Why the hell would they need a break??
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:12 pm
There's a behind at the end of the video. I thought I told you to watch closely nlol! [-X
the behind isnt registered until 2.03 and the video ends at 2.09, so the kick in isnt shown
I already provided a vid of ball in before in this thread. It took about 35 seconds out of the game and 95% of players were walking or standing still the whole time :lol: don't pretend you didn't see it nlol :lol:
which video?
:lol: and I'm afraid ur dead wrong again with the vid showing many players moving quickly during stoppages, there's barely any, possibly max 10% of all players moving quickly during stoppages, prob much less. don't lie to our members and guests so blatantly nlol! [-X I mean anyone who watches the vid will now know that you don't have a clue what you're on about but, well, have some respect for yourself dude [-X
you're blind.

From 0.42 to 1.22 EVERY player makes their way from defence to attack. So within your 2 minute video all 36 players have run 50-100 metres to follow the ball from the right back pocket, to the left back pocket, to the right again, then through the centre square to the forward 50. This is one of numerous fast ball movements that occurs every few minutes in ARs.

Where as in RL the few involved in the play run a small distance , while everyone else stands still, walks or jogs slowly. The difference in play is stark, and the GPS figures show it
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm

11.40 to 12.20 scrum. Players standing around for 40 seconds

15.15 to 16.10 another 55 second break for another scrum feed

23.03 to 25.02 try and kick, so 2 minute break where everyone stands around

Yet look at the play overall. The running and tackling etc is limited to a few players around the ball only, the rest just amble along. No wonder the distance covered only includes about 150-300m of sprinting for the entire game! Why the hell would they need a break??
I've never touted NRL players as endurance dynamos so I can only assume it's ur insecurity showing when you divert back to the NRL almost every time. You poor bastard, man up bro! :lol:

xman wrote: