Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 am
The stats that I supplied are entirely credible, not bogus like some. All information is factored in , not just the bits that best suit.

Certainly no mention of the NRL or anything connected to it at the link you gave. Just some statistician who left half the relevant information out. From another link,I found this part of the AFL GPS data supplied to the Perth times very interesting though/ :(/ :(/
However The Sunday Times understands those readings were errors

The AFL misleading the public! Who would have ever thought it possible [-(
I posted links to my data which included published gps data in peer reviewed journals, and the AFL and NRL's own data. You provided NO links at all. So if any data is to be disbelieved it's yours.

Here's a quote from the NRL: Blues hooker Nathan Peats running 16,350.8m (8227.3m in Origin I and 8123.5m in Origin II) – the furthest of any player in the series so far, ahead of Cooper Cronk, James Maloney, Cameron Smith and Boyd Cordner;

So the furthest distance an NRL players covered in SOO, the elite NRL comp, was 8k per game. This is the furthest! Clearly this validates the other data suggesting 5k was around average.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

SportCapital wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm
SportCapital wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 pm

For starters, the 90 cap has been enforced for two seasons already. It's not a new thing. Your timing seems a bit out among other things. Anyway..... :drunk:

You're right though, allot of people could cover the same distance in the same time. Even old Nana and Pa would give it a nudge.
But during this leisurely stroll could they include 100 sprints up to 36kph, kick and handball the ball with laser accuracy 40 times, leap on a man's shoulders and Mark the ball over 4m in the air a few times and land without smashing every bone in their body, tackle and be tackled from any direction with the ferocity of a league prop, kick goals from 60m out, get hip and shouldered with the G force an astronaut experiences and constantly concentrate on the game all around them and what they need to do next? :salute:

It would be fucking funny if they could but the short answer is NO FUCKING WAY. The same applies to your city to surf runners and your dad bod bud. [-X

If I apply the same logic to league I could say a determined baby on all fours could cover the distance in the same time that league players do. Can't be that hard.

That's how rediculously stupid you sound. :[]

I have no doubt the physical condition most league players are in is the optimum condition for the rigors of playing league.
The same applies for AFL just way fitter.

Now, this is fight club so I can appreciate you attempting to discredit the AFL.
But seriously, you've chosen the single most physically demanding aspect and IMO one of the great things that seperates AFL from every other form of footy. Constant, large movement of play in all directions.
No other league comes close.

You said-
"Afl players are being considered supreme endurance athletes."
There's no consideration required. No other athlete on the planet could do what they do without AFL training.
The breaks are pivotal in allowing recovery so they can go again and again and again and again.

So next time you're trawling through ancient stories for an angle. Spare a thought for how stupid you might end up looking.

Now watch out..... I'm going to Bushman's blow this booger out and you in my line of fire.
Sshhhhnnnnnnooooottttttttt! :rock:
Gota be a joke account .
No one can post this much rot & be serious .

Handball & kick with laser accuracy..
Oh my ...
That's why they have unco sticks .for when they can't kick straight .
& there's that many players on field they just kick it to a general area & there'll be a fumbler there to catch/ wooops ..dropped it

Then this gem .
Close to joke of the year .

Tackle & be tackled with the ferocity of a RL prop.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Come on fess up .
Youve Gota be a RL fan pretending to be a complete & utter fumble Nutjob just to make them look bad..

You don't have to .
They excel in that area without any help

Easy....... Easy....... Easy boy.....
I fess up. They were slid in there just for you. They seem to have achieved the desired effect. Relax.
I happen to use laser metrology equipment quite a bit in my profession with accuracies in the nanometer range. So for me to say this is total tongue in cheek.
As Dennis Committee said, "centimetre perfect". That's closer to the mark.
And I don't know if you realise what a prop does in RL, but there's not IMO a position in any Sport that hits harder. Total sacrifice. :salute:
Again tongue in cheek for dramatic effect.

Ok, now breath..... In...... Out....... In..... Out.
So here we have another Aflol bullshitter .
Follows the well worn track pioneered by others before him .
Post bullshit .& not the first time ....see your 50/50. No other code comes close crap.

When called out ....say any or all of the following
.it was tongue in cheek .
I was just stirring .
Just joking
Trying to get a reaction .

Then after that ...stage two.
Let me talk about my job .
:(/ :(/ :(/

That's always good for a giggle .
You mob seem to think that will impress us fans of other codes . :[] :[] :(/ :(/

Here's a hint stupid .....
Try to post something that is close to realistic .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sport we don't give two shits about ur job, u take ur job and ram it up ur ass :lol:

U like nlol need to provide something of substance. There's clear cut evidence that it is an absolute fallacy at afl players are endurance dynamos. Your silly reference to data that afl players on avg do some longer sprints and cover some extra Ks than the other codes is completely invalidated by the fact afl players get much more time (and space) on field to do so as well as getting a shiiiiiiitload more resting times, an absolute shitload more! Including 90 interchanges ... Down from 120 :(/

So you two chumps really need to counter this, if you can :lol: or alternatively you can either carry on making ur selves look like brain dead buffoons or see the light, smell the roses and wake up to the reality of the situation.

It's hilarious because I used to agree that afl athletes had superior endurance but this wondrous thread has shown the truth. Afl athletes have good endurance, but it is by no means elite, nor should it be seen as above any of the other codes.

:D:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Here's another little gem from one of the link you provided me with LOL on the stamina and staying power an AFL player possesses. :rofl: :rofl:
Early time-motion analysis studies highlighted the long periods of time players spent in low intensity activities (standing and walking). While recent studies utilizing global positioning systems (GPS) technology are somewhat in agreement with earlier findings, available evidence suggests that the game is getting faster.

There cutting the interchange from 120 -90 :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 am
pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 am

Hooker are forwards, just how bogus are you and your stats looking when they say the average for a forward is 4.9k, yet Nathan Peats was hooked up to GPS in Origin 1 and he travelled over 7k. And it was Origin where metres are harder to come by. The other forward that was hooked up was Nathan Friend in a club game. He ran 10.6k , or more than double your statisticians average .

Your statistician make no mention of the fact that your so called 'athletes' have over 3 breaks during the match totalling over 30min nor does he mention that your team of 'athletes' had 120 interchanges.

50% of our game is defence , And AFL players are miles and miles and miles behind. Something else not mentioned. He also skipped any mention of the impact from collisions that leave most other sports like AFL for dead. And no mention of yet another fact. Some of the outside backs run at near Olympic speeds.
they arent my stats, they're published stats in a peer reviewed journal from an independent source. Backs (5,573 ± 1,128 m) and forwards (4,982 ± 1,185 m) during match plahttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21358424

These are average distances for multiple players. Yes some individuals travel further, just like some AFL players have covered over 20kms in a game. "Sam Mitchell and Liam Duggan are both listed as running 22km, or more than half a marathon, in the same match" https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 263693a59a

These stats would take into account interchange breaks.

As for speed the NRL published data for your SOO series this year https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/07/11/fas ... formances/ and none were near the AFL's best. "• NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce running a game high speed of 33.7kph in Origin II – and the second fastest of the series behind Queensland winger Corey Oates (34.3kph in Origin I) – when scoring his 27th minute try"

As for 50% defence, all team sports are around 50% defence :lol:

As for impact of collisions, this is one aspect RL has over most other sports. However RL is missing continuous man on man play like basketball, soccer, AFL, NFL and other sports have, which may not be collision but is draining because it's continuous.

And again, these arent my stats, they are published stats by the NRL, AFL and in peer reviewed journals
The way I see it NlolRL with the increasing difficulty of finding any part of RL that come close to measuring up to AFL, when they think they have one like this one about the recovery times AFL has they seem prepared to make themselves look like complete twats in hammering it home.
Even in the light of precise data showing how much more effort, skill and distance goes into a game of AFL. Requiring more recovery.
I really start to question their mental capacity when they constantly fail to see the big picture. Just keep the blinkers on and plough on.
It's actually getting pretty sad. Slow deaths are always a bit awkward.
So we can continue to present high quality data, but only those with the capacity to comprehend and apply it will fully appreciate it.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:30 pm
Sport we don't give two shits about ur job, u take ur job and ram it up ur ass :lol:

U like nlol need to provide something of substance. There's clear cut evidence that it is an absolute fallacy at afl players are endurance dynamos. Your silly reference to data that afl players on avg do some longer sprints and cover some extra Ks than the other codes is completely invalidated by the fact afl players get much more time (and space) on field to do so as well as getting a shiiiiiiitload more resting times, an absolute shitload more! Including 90 interchanges ... Down from 120 :(/

So you two chumps really need to counter this, if you can :lol: or alternatively you can either carry on making ur selves look like brain dead buffoons or see the light, smell the roses and wake up to the reality of the situation.

It's hilarious because I used to agree that afl athletes had superior endurance but this wondrous thread has shown the truth. Afl athletes have good endurance, but it is by no means elite, nor should it be seen as above any of the other codes.

:D:
Counter what? The data shows even with the interchanges and natural breaks AFL players cover more distance, sprint further, sprint more often, and have less time between sprints. If the interchanges allowed them greater time to recover than RL players the data would reflect this. It doesnt. This is because AFL players work far far harder when they are on the field. The end
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:20 pm
Here's another little gem from one of the link you provided me with LOL on the stamina and staying power an AFL player possesses. :rofl: :rofl:
Early time-motion analysis studies highlighted the long periods of time players spent in low intensity activities (standing and walking). While recent studies utilizing global positioning systems (GPS) technology are somewhat in agreement with earlier findings, available evidence suggests that the game is getting faster.

There cutting the interchange from 120 -90 :(/
and the data accounts for this but still shows AFL player's sprints are twice as frequent as NRL players. So who actually gets more 'low intensity' breaks? :\:

As Dr Gibbs said ''In rugby league, there are lots of times you can have a rest. You can sit in the defensive line where the ball isn't.". "AFL is a two-hour running game where two things happen,'' says Gibbs. ''Firstly, the total distance you run is further than in an NRL game. Secondly, you run at a higher intensity during the game. AFL is a man-on-man game. You have to go with your opponent.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Data released by the NRL and AFL this year:

• NSW centre Jarryd Hayne making 26 sprints totalling 626 metres in Origin II, the furthest sprinting distance of any player. Sprints are measured as a run in which a player's velocity exceeds 20kph. Maroons winger Dane Gagai had a series high 31 sprints in Origin I

BRADLEY Hill (AFL) is the repeat effort king of the competition, averaging 35.3 sprints (running above 24km/h for at least one second) per game for Fremantle.

So in 2017 an AFL player averaged more than the highest sprint taker in the 2017 SOO series, and this is when the AFL 'sprint' definition is 4kms/hr more.

Andrew Gaff for WC eagles averaged the most distance per game (4.2km) at high speed (more than 18km/h). This isnt far off the average distance covered by NRL players over the entire game, which includes jogging and walking!

:\: :\: :\: :\:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Are you dumb or just act dumb .

You dumb fucks read something & see something else
Hayne wasn't the highest sprint taker in the SOO series .
The sentence above that says who was .

Is the RL,sprint measured at one second like the AFL sprint .
How many more sprints could the RL boys do if the game was 40 minutes longer .

Plus wingers & centres don't get interchanged.
How many times was the AFl player rested .
Plus the RL boys didn't have two other rest breaks(1/4 3/4 ) time to recover .

So to destroy your argument
RL Player ..26 sprints in 80 minutes .....one 15 min HT rest ..
AFL player ..35 sprints in 120 mins ...??????? Rests/interchanged plus 3 breaks .

Broken down ... RL player has to sprint once every 3.07 minutes .....
AFL player has to sprint every...DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....3.39 minutes .

Oh dear .
You just got smashed ...using the info you provided .
Thank you come again .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm
You dumb fucks read something & see something else
Hayne wasn't the highest sprint taker in the SOO series .
The sentence above that says who was .
never said he was. According to the story it was the person mentioned in the sentence below, not above
Is the RL,sprint measured at one second like the AFL sprint .
How many more sprints could the RL boys do if the game was 40 minutes longer
Assuming they had the stamina. Although, as we know, AFL players do not play the entire 120 minutes due to interchanges. In fact the average is only about 90% of time on the field
Plus wingers & centres don't get interchanged.
How many times was the AFl player rested .
Plus the RL boys didn't have two other rest breaks(1/4 3/4 ) time to recover .
the stats suggest RL allows more breaks in the game where the players can rest given AFL sprints are twice as regular
So to destroy your argument
RL Player ..26 sprints in 80 minutes .....one 15 min HT rest ..
AFL player ..35 sprints in 120 mins ...??????? Rests/interchanged plus 3 breaks
given the interchanges AFL players dont play the full 120 minutes. Furthermore, this was the AVERAGE sprints, not the highest sprints like they stated in the NRL data :\:

Broken down ... RL player has to sprint once every 3.07 minutes .....
AFL player has to sprint every...DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....3.39 minutes .
Incorrect again given basically no AFL player plays the full 120 minutes because of the interchanges. Furthermore, the other published data I linked showed AFL sprints were twice as frequent at 90 seconds rather than 3 minutes.

GPS data fries the NRL :\:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You can't win either way .
The RL players get one rest ....

How many breaks did the afl player get .

When you work out how long he was on field you can work out how often he sprinted .
If it was more than the RL player ..then you have to take into account that he had at least 3 rest periods plus whatever time on the interchange bench .

What a huge difference that would make compared to the RL player playing 40 mins each half ...no rest except for HT .

Lol
Yeh you've really convinced me .

🤣
Xman wrote
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Endurance machine!
Tom Scully. Good enough for the Olympics.
Sydney paper.....
www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/tea ... aef42a9dbb

More GPS data.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 58c9ac680c

The one that would possibly kill me:
"He averages the most distance per game (4.2km) at high speed — more than 18km/h — highlighting his gut-running ability."

That's elite!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:02 pm
You can't win either way .
The RL players get one rest ....

How many breaks did the afl player get .

When you work out how long he was on field you can work out how often he sprinted .
If it was more than the RL player ..then you have to take into account that he had at least 3 rest periods plus whatever time on the interchange bench .

What a huge difference that would make compared to the RL player playing 40 mins each half ...no rest except for HT .

Lol
Yeh you've really convinced me .
RL players rest for most of the game! 150-300m of sprinting on average over the game. AFL players are doing 10 times this number
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ball ups? Avg 30 seconds rest

Ball ins? Avg 30 seconds rest

Behinds? Avg 20 seconds rest

Goals? Avg 1-1.5mins rest

Add to that quarter time 6mins

Add to that 3 quarter time 6mins

Add to that afl half time 20 mins!!! :lol:

And .... Wait for it .... 90 interchanges , down from 120!!!! :(/ :rofl: :(/

Mah members and guests The distance and sprints cited on afl gps data by sport and nlol is completely nullified by the fact afl players get so so so so...so so so... So .... Soooooooo much more time to walk and sit on their arses than any other code. It's just the truth and common sense see. :cool:
I 'rest' my case :(/

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Don't get me wrong folks, the afl players are decent endurance athletes... They wouldn't share the physiques of Olympian walkers if they weren't :lol: but they're in no way above any other code in terms of endurance.

We must look at this with the wisdom of.... A King... Like me :oops:

I mean seriously let's just look at the definition of physical endurance here! :lol: it means "the ability to continue or last". Or in the Cambridge dictionary
C2 the ability to keep doing something difficult, unpleasant, or painful for a long time:
"Keep doing"? .... Or 90 interchanges... Down from 120 :(/ :rofl: :(/

I 'rest' my case ... Again :lol:

xman wrote: