Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 am
Your the one defining the terms here Terry.
"If you look at team photo's of RL teams and team photo's of AFL teams there is a pretty stark difference. One is multicultural whilst the other is choc full of Anglo-Saxon pretty boys."
Right there. Your telling us they cant be multicultural because they lack darker skin tones.
Wow!!!! Did I really say that????? I must have Tourette syndrome. I can't even remember saying that!!!

I just read it again. I didn't say that Wookie. Don't misquote me please.

It's pretty self evident I would think. If you're multicultural you might attract various nationalities to play your game. Fumbleball is almost exclusively anglo saxon. Game. Set. Match.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 pm
Rugby league on the other hand is culturally diverse. Whilst afl is dominated by those of Anglo Celtic background and culture.

Perhaps to dumb it down for you folks a little. Language is often argued to be the most fundamental aspect of any culture. Aside from the 10 odd percent mod Aboriginal players the afl lads almost entirely have come from ur typical white English speaking family background/culture. Because the afl has some as Freddo says "Irish" and "American" :lol: players is pointing out cultural uniformity rather than diversity :lol: the arl/NRL has been massively embraced by Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Aboriginal, Fijian, Tongan, Maori, Papua New Guinean and of course your Anglo Celtic Aussie communities and this is not the only communities who've taken up the code.

Note the language backgrounds Freddo ;) and then thAnk me and the NRL you ignorant clown, you now understand what actual cultural diversity entails, rather than the narrow shallow line the afl declares

:cheers:
As you know ke..(good to see you back by the way ) but if you are using language as the cultural benchmark where English is the base I think you will find much of Europe has different language. But anyway , the language arguement is a poor one but I’ll let you off as I like you. :).

Both codes are ethically diverse (there you go ... that’s the word your looking for). I mentioned African/Sudanese yet you ignore that. I mentioned Asian yet again you ignore that?

Anyway I’ll play a little longer as, I am sure you are aware, the France v Aus game is ordinary and this is slightly more fun. So go ahead... let’s play...... fill my time as Bangkok is pretty lame lol. As an aside ... walked down some street today ... red light
Ethically diverse! :lol: no I'll give the afl the points on that one, they're ethically diverse as all fukk!! :lol: how is it you manage to fukk up your points so well Freddo? :lol:

I think the Sudanese population is beginning to embrace the afl which is a very good thing. But it's only the beginning and the afl would do well to put more work into that population ahead of dumb ventures to China. I mean seriously! As for the Chinese you mention Freddo, you cannot for one minute tell me there's a Chinese embrace of afl. One or two players? Whoopdidoo! I'm talking embrace.

And lastly, if you don't think language is the most fundamental aspect of every human culture would you like me to point you to some of the readings of the worlds most renowned thinkers on culture which explain how language and culture are innately intertwined?

Happy to do so me bro, just for your enlightenment. As long as you thank me for teaching you something. And thank the NRL too you silly ignorant turd you :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm
Australia beat france 52-6 tonight. Hardly competitive.
Still, the rugby league World Cup, which is renowned for lopsidedness, has been far far...far far far far...far far far far far faaaarrr far far...far... FAR FAAAAAAARRRR FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more competitive than the 2017 afl finals series! :(/ :\: :\: :(/

That's right, I said the 2017 afl FINALS SERIES was way more lopsided than the FIRST ROUNDS of the 2017 rugby league World Cup. :lol:

:rofl:

Afl FINALS .... :(/ :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :(/

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 am
Your the one defining the terms here Terry.
"If you look at team photo's of RL teams and team photo's of AFL teams there is a pretty stark difference. One is multicultural whilst the other is choc full of Anglo-Saxon pretty boys."
Right there. Your telling us they cant be multicultural because they lack darker skin tones.
Ummm wooksie FYI dude. Ones racial background is very often closely connected with ones distinct cultural identity. Thank me for this learning :)

I'm with terry, I'm starting to expect very little from your posts wookie. Pickupyergame and layoff deleting threads and posts like the whacko mods who came before you ;)

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:35 am
Still, the rugby league World Cup, which is renowned for lopsidedness, has been far far...far far far far...far far far far far faaaarrr far far...far... FAR FAAAAAAARRRR FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more competitive than the 2017 afl finals series! :(/ :\: :\: :(/

That's right, I said the 2017 afl FINALS SERIES was way more lopsided than the FIRST ROUNDS of the 2017 rugby league World Cup. :lol:

The storm won their last two finals 30-0 and 34-6, after finishing minor premiers by 3 games with a points differential nearly double their nearest competitor.

L O P S I D E D R O U T E :)))
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:29 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 pm
Rugby league on the other hand is culturally diverse. Whilst afl is dominated by those of Anglo Celtic background and culture.

Perhaps to dumb it down for you folks a little. Language is often argued to be the most fundamental aspect of any culture. Aside from the 10 odd percent mod Aboriginal players the afl lads almost entirely have come from ur typical white English speaking family background/culture. Because the afl has some as Freddo says "Irish" and "American" :lol: players is pointing out cultural uniformity rather than diversity :lol: the arl/NRL has been massively embraced by Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Aboriginal, Fijian, Tongan, Maori, Papua New Guinean and of course your Anglo Celtic Aussie communities and this is not the only communities who've taken up the code.

Note the language backgrounds Freddo ;) and then thAnk me and the NRL you ignorant clown, you now understand what actual cultural diversity entails, rather than the narrow shallow line the afl declares

:cheers:
As you know ke..(good to see you back by the way ) but if you are using language as the cultural benchmark where English is the base I think you will find much of Europe has different language. But anyway , the language arguement is a poor one but I’ll let you off as I like you. :).

Both codes are ethically diverse (there you go ... that’s the word your looking for). I mentioned African/Sudanese yet you ignore that. I mentioned Asian yet again you ignore that?

Anyway I’ll play a little longer as, I am sure you are aware, the France v Aus game is ordinary and this is slightly more fun. So go ahead... let’s play...... fill my time as Bangkok is pretty lame lol. As an aside ... walked down some street today ... red light
Ethically diverse! :lol: no I'll give the afl the points on that one, they're ethically diverse as all fukk!! :lol: how is it you manage to fukk up your points so well Freddo? :lol:

I think the Sudanese population is beginning to embrace the afl which is a very good thing. But it's only the beginning and the afl would do well to put more work into that population ahead of dumb ventures to China. I mean seriously! As for the Chinese you mention Freddo, you cannot for one minute tell me there's a Chinese embrace of afl. One or two players? Whoopdidoo! I'm talking embrace.

And lastly, if you don't think language is the most fundamental aspect of every human culture would you like me to point you to some of the readings of the worlds most renowned thinkers on culture which explain how language and culture are innately intertwined?

Happy to do so me bro, just for your enlightenment. As long as you thank me for teaching you something. And thank the NRL too you silly ignorant turd you :lol:
I think I said Asian not Chinese. I could go into a thesis on it ... how you are confusing some fundamental thoughts ... which would require maybe some effort ... but you’ll just have to take it as given that I know far more than you about this stuff .. thatAustralian Rules has many diverse cultures and ethnicities ... which is also seen at afl level.

Now we can debate around this but trust me ... if I take the time to put effort in rather than quick posts on the shitter ... then I will show you up. That’s if I can be bothered but you have been warned. See my sig ... I don’t want to see you skipper off again like last time. Know your limitations and best you stick to others. Again... I’m being nice here ..... I like you ...I enjoy you sucking others in ... I particularly like you playing with the nrl mob without them realising .... it is quite good. But renemver... you’re not that good :).
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Jesus h isn't it off topic to rant about how clever you think you are .
The usual FRED tactic when he has nothing
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

On topic
The last time this was discussed the bullshit posted by the afl side was mountain high .

Claiming players were Fijian born when they were born in Penrith .
Etc

Anyone who thinks that afl,isn't the WHITEST sport in this country(out of the 4 football codes ) is on drugs .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:57 pm
On topic
The last time this was discussed the bullshit posted by the afl side was mountain high .

Claiming players were Fijian born when they were born in Penrith .
Etc

Anyone who thinks that afl,isn't the WHITEST sport in this country(out of the 4 football codes ) is on drugs .
Australian rules football is an Australian game played in Australia. Naturally, the majority of players will be Australian, which is primarily made up of Caucasians with a smaller representation of indigenous and ethnic groups. Why is this a bad thing?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:25 pm

The storm won their last two finals 30-0 and 34-6, after finishing minor premiers by 3 games with a points differential nearly double their nearest competitor.

I can fully understand how embarrassing it must be for your lot. Australia attracting millions of viewers against nations most Melbournians have never heard of before, France, England, Italy.....Lebanon? Who are these people? And do they all have 1 white parent? :wink:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:02 pm

I can fully understand how embarrassing it must be for your lot. Australia attracting millions of viewers against nations most Melbournians have never heard of before, France, England, Italy.....Lebanon? Who are these people? And do they all have 1 white parent? :wink:
Given Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia, and one of the sports capitals of the world, I think we know enough about the various sporting nations of the world.

It's hilarious you make such a song and dance about a comp that gets outdrawn and outrated by home and away AFL games :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

I never picked you as a big picture man nlol, quite the opposite in fact. And now you've gone and plucked one team and two games out of an entire finals series. You're living up to my expectations and more!!! :D :lol:

xman wrote:
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles
Been liked: 0

Post by Buzz »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 pm
Been watching the World Cup this week, really looking forward to the New Zealand Tonga rivalry matchup tmw :D:

It's been quite pleasing to see NRL stars peppered throughout teams across the world. Just another clear indication of the nrls success in embracing multicultural Australia.

The afl haven't been able to do the same unfortunately. I'd say it's the countless racist arseholes involved at every level of the afl and enmasse throughout afl crowds that has made thousands upon thousands of people of backgrounds other than Anglo turn away from the sport.

So let's all commend the NRL for embracing the entire community, rather than primarily just the white community as the afl has.
Does the afl have a mandate to embrace the whole world just because some bloke on the internet says so?
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles
Been liked: 0

Post by Buzz »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:39 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 pm
Been watching the World Cup this week, really looking forward to the New Zealand Tonga rivalry matchup tmw :D:

It's been quite pleasing to see NRL stars peppered throughout teams across the world. Just another clear indication of the nrls success in embracing multicultural Australia.

The afl haven't been able to do the same unfortunately. I'd say it's the countless racist arseholes involved at every level of the afl and enmasse throughout afl crowds that has made thousands upon thousands of people of backgrounds other than Anglo turn away from the sport.

So let's all commend the NRL for embracing the entire community, rather than primarily just the white community as the afl has.
Nailed it.
Said the feminist to the other feminist!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:40 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:29 am

I think I said Asian not Chinese. I could go into a thesis on it ... how you are confusing some fundamental thoughts ... which would require maybe some effort ... but you’ll just have to take it as given that I know far more than you about this stuff .. thatAustralian Rules has many diverse cultures and ethnicities ... which is also seen at afl level.

Now we can debate around this but trust me ... if I take the time to put effort in rather than quick posts on the shitter ... then I will show you up. That’s if I can be bothered but you have been warned. See my sig ... I don’t want to see you skipper off again like last time. Know your limitations and best you stick to others. Again... I’m being nice here ..... I like you ...I enjoy you sucking others in ... I particularly like you playing with the nrl mob without them realising .... it is quite good. But renemver... you’re not that good :).
Ummm r u serious? Are you for real with this self soothing rant? Were you sucking on a pacifier as you dribbled this shitty post? :lol:

Gimme the best u got my weird lil admirer. And don't waste my time with ur americans and Irish again ok? And the Asians you say? How many Asians have played for the Sydney swans theoufhout their thirty year plus history in Sydney? Or any other team in the history of the afl? Add the answers to thise questions in ur awesome response for me will ya :lol:

xman wrote: