Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

I'll help you Terry. 10-2 = 8. We lead by 8. Do you think the NRL can come back? It'll be pretty difficult according to Pussy's concession your competition struggles during SOO weeks
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by Fred »

This all started with cumulative ratings being discussed as a code and it was pointed out that it is really meaningless. When I said okay if you want cumulative for a code you'll have to add in all Aussie rules as people were adding in tests and soo to the rl. I have always thought it should be nrl season v afl season (then we had people arguing soo was part of nrl home and away season). I did this knowing afl had the women's Comp coming and would rate some decent numbers. I also knew that averages would be negatively impacted as more games. So then when this didn't suit as Aussie rules doing well rl people wanted averages ... I agreed. So what to include. I'm happy to compare home and away? Averages if you like by round and by games.

What do others think?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

Deep breaths Wookie.....deep breaths......
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Fred, you cant use averages if the conditions arent identical. Eg: NRL on Thursday night is a single game shown nationally on FTA and fox. Average audience is say 900k.

AFL on Saturday night has two games at the same time, shown nationally on PTV but only one is shown into each city on FTA. Ratings would be 1.1m

This suggests NRL gets 900k per match and AFL 550k per match. How is this possible when the AFL gets around 1m per game on Friday night?

Averages simply dont work if the schedules are not the same
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:26 pm
Fred, you cant use averages if the conditions arent identical. Eg: NRL on Thursday night is a single game shown nationally on FTA and fox. Average audience is say 900k.

AFL on Saturday night has two games at the same time, shown nationally on PTV but only one is shown into each city on FTA. Ratings would be 1.1m

This suggests NRL gets 900k per match and AFL 550k per match. How is this possible when the AFL gets around 1m per game on Friday night?

Hahahahahahahah......hiliarious stuff. Averages don't work because RL wins 'em......lololololololololol. Good luck with you and Dr Fred sorting out this game of manipulation. I'll leave it to ya's...............It's kinda like Dumb and Dumber trying to work out the maths to split the atom.....lololololololl.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Hahahahahahahah......hiliarious stuff. Averages don't work because RL wins 'em......lololololololololol. Good luck with you and Dr Fred sorting out this game of manipulation. I'll leave it to ya's...............It's kinda like Dumb and Dumber trying to work out the maths to split the atom.....lololololololl.
try and address the example I raised Terry, if you can
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I don't really care. There are always nuances and I do agree that Friday head to head is best but there is always going to be someone who says this or that. It's just s but of fun. You know what, do it by round and by games.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:59 pm
I'll help you Terry. 10-2 = 8. We lead by 8. Do you think the NRL can come back? It'll be pretty difficult according to Pussy's concession your competition struggles during SOO weeks
What concession was that?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 pm
:roll: you sooked when I compared Friday nights from last year because I included SOO effected rounds
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You have more FTA games than us , more PTV games than us, We take away the Ratings from NZ and we still win.

But but all you like, the laws of physic's aren't about to change - We have More - You have less . more is better than less.

:cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:07 pm

You have more FTA games than us , more PTV games than us, We take away the Ratings from NZ and we still win.

But but all you like, the laws of physic's aren't about to change - We have More - You have less . more is better than less.

:cheers:
well as Wookie said, who won last year is not certain given the NRL quoted lower figures than he had. And as you can see from my example above, our schedule does not reflect more games, quite the opposite
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 4:54 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 pm
:roll: you sooked when I compared Friday nights from last year because I included SOO effected rounds
Why would I sook? winners are grinners.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:33 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 pm
You're going the right way to just being a bad memory like LIC. Keep it up.
Really? You call me an idiot, I tell you take deep breaths, you threaten to bar me. Incredible.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 6:54 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:33 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 pm
You're going the right way to just being a bad memory like LIC. Keep it up.
Really? You call me an idiot, I tell you take deep breaths, you threaten to bar me. Incredible.
probably because the majority of your posts dont engage in topics, they are merely childish insults.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Actually I address topics, make points and generally demolish you fumblers. Problem is you bubble dwellers just go on and on and on with beaten arguments and delusion.

Case in point: you, re still fighting last years RL ratings win. I rest my case. If Wookie bars me it will be for exposing all you fumbles for the dills you are.