Australia's most participated sports, soccer number 1, AFL number 3, RL number 9

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Australia's most participated sports, soccer number 1, AFL number 3, RL number 9

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
So you're saying
They're NOT SURVEYS?
YOure saying they're not old survey numbers .
You're saying that the afl media didn't give an EXPECTED number ..
Lol

What alternate reality are you living in .

As I asked .
Have you anything current or a year old .

1995 was 22 years ago .
Can you tell me what the fuck it has to do with today's numbers .

You are a special kind of stupid .

& if you can show me where a SURVEY gives accurate playing figures it would be good .

Lol
I'll wait
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Australia's most participated sports, soccer number 1, AFL number 3, RL number 9

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

rugby365 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:48 pm
Terry wrote: ↑Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 pm
The_Wookie wrote: ↑Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:09 am
Totally agree.

Union sold its soul for short term gain when it went international with super rugby, and now its wayyyyyy too late. Soccer has past it at the professional level. The NRC is too little too late.

You cant be playing half your club games overseas at ridiculous times away from the fan base and expect to stay on top of the game.
I can't argue with any of that Wookie. Whilst ever Super Rugby is the main domestic comp in Aust. the game is going nowhere fast.
The game has become an Olympic sport, the last World Cup drew more than 2.4million in attendance, World Cup will be going to Japan, increase in invest into the game from 340mil pounds the previous year 4 years to 416mil pounds for the next 4 years. Participation has reached over 8 million world wide, Japan and Argentina join super rugby.

AFL - making food cheaper at games
league - has taken the World Cup to Darwin :lol:

It's clear which sport is going places and which are going no where fast :salute:
Ummmm the RLWC has been awarded to North America for 2025, isn't that taking a GIANT leap forward? How about Toronto, isn't that the first step? How you can say League is doing nothing apart from taking a game to Darwin when all this and so much more is going on? A PNG side in QLD is preparing for the future, they'll hopefully be joined by Fiji in the NSW cup shortly, that's moving forward in Aus and surrounds eh?

I could go on with a lot more, but that's just at the pro level with out even going into expansion of the NRL which will happen soon enough.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

rugby365 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 am
The_Wookie wrote: ↑Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:42 am
Oh I care about the international scene as far as the game is concerned, but i also see it for what it is, a developing amateur scene.

What you seem to think is that professional comps are all that matters, which is horseshit.
exactly my point, you see internationals for what it is and I see Australia rugby for what it is. There is no point in getting upset that Australia rugby is struggling when I know "rugby" the game I love is getting bigger and stronger as the years go by
I don't really think Union is booming like it's made out, quite the opposite actually and reading planet punt n grunt and the raah lately, I see the game going backwards in quite a few places and 3 of them are your biggest Unions.
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks
Been liked: 0

Post by rugby365 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:32 am
rugby365 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:48 pm
Terry wrote: ↑Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 pm

I can't argue with any of that Wookie. Whilst ever Super Rugby is the main domestic comp in Aust. the game is going nowhere fast.
The game has become an Olympic sport, the last World Cup drew more than 2.4million in attendance, World Cup will be going to Japan, increase in invest into the game from 340mil pounds the previous year 4 years to 416mil pounds for the next 4 years. Participation has reached over 8 million world wide, Japan and Argentina join super rugby.

AFL - making food cheaper at games
league - has taken the World Cup to Darwin :lol:

It's clear which sport is going places and which are going no where fast :salute:
Ummmm the RLWC has been awarded to North America for 2025, isn't that taking a GIANT leap forward? How about Toronto, isn't that the first step? How you can say League is doing nothing apart from taking a game to Darwin when all this and so much more is going on? A PNG side in QLD is preparing for the future, they'll hopefully be joined by Fiji in the NSW cup shortly, that's moving forward in Aus and surrounds eh?

I could go on with a lot more, but that's just at the pro level with out even going into expansion of the NRL which will happen soon enough.
That is a huge leap forward but not the smarts which is surprising when it comes to league. I mean you cant even sell over 500k to a world cup in the heart lands how are you expecting to sell into a country with no pro comp or any major rugby league events.
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 am
The_Wookie wrote: ↑Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:42 am
Oh I care about the international scene as far as the game is concerned, but i also see it for what it is, a developing amateur scene.

What you seem to think is that professional comps are all that matters, which is horseshit.
exactly my point, you see internationals for what it is and I see Australia rugby for what it is. There is no point in getting upset that Australia rugby is struggling when I know "rugby" the game I love is getting bigger and stronger as the years go by
I don't really think Union is booming like it's made out, quite the opposite actually and reading planet punt n grunt and the raah lately, I see the game going backwards in quite a few places and 3 of them are your biggest Unions.
Of course all sports will have its ups and downs but overall the game itself is going great!!

Six nations kick off soon and as expect attendance figures will be over a million for just 15 games as well as ongoing debate about introducing Georgia into the fold with their consistent improvement.

The American rugby championship between America, Canada, Brazil, chile, Argentina and Uruguay kicks off this weekend, though low in stature provides a great experience and much need game time to help them improve.

Woman's World Cup in Ireland (yes an actually stand alone tournament not some half assed tornament that runs along side the men's).

The lions tour, one of our great traditions and no doubt it will be one of the closest fought tours considering some of the NH teams are form especially Ireland and England.

Super rugby once again will be taken to the islands this time Samoa.

Plenty of things to suggest rugby is going in the right direction and to think the sport has only been fully professional since 96
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

I just hope the Americas continue to ignore Union as they have done for 150 years, don't want them spoiling it all for Rugby League, they see that mass pile of pigs snorting around in the mud wrestling each other over a ball so that when it does pop out, the half back or five eighth kicks it into the stands or drops it for the ref to blow his whistle for another repacked scrum.

Shit, it might take off with all those stoppages, could get quite a few tv ads in and plenty of drinking done for all the fatties at home in their armchairs. Might actually be a hit.

Naaaa.
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:46 pm
I just hope the Americas continue to ignore Union as they have done for 150 years, don't want them spoiling it all for Rugby League, they see that mass pile of pigs snorting around in the mud wrestling each other over a ball so that when it does pop out, the half back or five eighth kicks it into the stands or drops it for the ref to blow his whistle for another repacked scrum.

Shit, it might take off with all those stoppages, could get quite a few tv ads in and plenty of drinking done for all the fatties at home in their armchairs. Might actually be a hit.

Naaaa.
:lol: :lol: :lol: even I had to laugh at that. You should be comedian parra with all your hilarious posts :lol: . One day rugby will have a properly run professional comp, its not a matter of if but when. Just need to be patient.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:46 pm
I just hope the Americas continue to ignore boring old league as they have done for 150 years, don't want them spoiling it all for Rugby Union they see that mass pile of pigs snorting around in the mud wrestling each other over a ball so that when it does pop out, the half back or five eighth kicks it into the stands or drops it for the ref to blow his whistle for another repacked scrum.

Naaaa.
There fixed it for you thick shit
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Well dumbo, I see they have professional spots for both League and Union, where's your lot :(/

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

rugby365 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Of course all sports will have its ups and downs but overall the game itself is going great!!

Six nations kick off soon and as expect attendance figures will be over a million for just 15 games as well as ongoing debate about introducing Georgia into the fold with their consistent improvement.

The American rugby championship between America, Canada, Brazil, chile, Argentina and Uruguay kicks off this weekend, though low in stature provides a great experience and much need game time to help them improve.

Woman's World Cup in Ireland (yes an actually stand alone tournament not some half assed tornament that runs along side the men's).

The lions tour, one of our great traditions and no doubt it will be one of the closest fought tours considering some of the NH teams are form especially Ireland and England.

Plenty of things to suggest rugby is going in the right direction and to think the sport has only been fully professional since 96

What's goin' on with the USA pro rugby comp pal???? Looks like trouble in paradise - maybe closed down after one season???? Doesn't quite fit ya narrative.
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

Terry wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 pm
rugby365 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm

What's goin' on with the USA pro rugby comp pal???? Looks like trouble in paradise - maybe closed down after one season???? Doesn't quite fit ya narrative.
Guess you missed my first sentence about all sports having its ups and downs? Well we haven't heard anything yet so it could still on who knows grammar queen
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Haha, I dont think it'll do anything simply because the union arent involved, you have the exact opposite problem in Union to what League does, quite ironic eh?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Yes, I think many Australian's play Sogger when were younger, I know I did . But than we grow up and experience things like puberty and play big boys sports.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Not many lol
Veni, vidi, vici