Sydney just not that interested in Soccer

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Sydney just not that interested in Soccer

Post by Beaussie »

What were the FFA thinking.? One 70k crowd for a local derby and suddenly they think soccer is popular in Sydney? :?>

Friday night, a paltry 14,688 for the top of the table Sydney FC vs Melbourne City ANZ Stadium blockbuster.

Saturday night, just 16,231 for the Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory ANZ Stadium blockbuster.

Embarrassing TV ratings and well over 65,000 empty seats on both nights. Oh and and the Big Bash is yet to start here in Sydney. Look out soccer. They have big participation numbers apparently. :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Sydney just not that interested in Soccer

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Always have had huge participation numbers .
Doesn't translate into fans of the A league or TV viewers. .

Gallop front loads the comp with early season blockbusters .
The media & fans go into a frenzy about how great it's going
How its booming
How they'll get a great TV deal

Lol
Every year the same story .
Begin well( no competition)
Then slowly start going backwards
Then when BBl ..lol ..oblivion
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Those crowds may not be great compared to day the swans games but are comparable to many nrl games and indeed giants matches.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote:
Those crowds may not be great compared to day the swans games but are comparable to many nrl games and indeed giants matches.
Seeing as they are relying on a payday from the media I can't see it happening .
The ratings are woeful .pathetic
Not in the same universe as Rl or AFL ratings .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

Not the brightest are you Beaussie.

There was a concert at Allianz (ColdPlay) hence the need to move you clown. The Wanderers moved theirs because they did a deal to play 5 games at ANZ.

But yes, keep spinning your bullshit. Each year we get bigger the AFL are starting to get scared,
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

The_Wookie wrote:
You arent getting bigger each year. Last year was a shit show of the highest order.
Riiight, keep telling yourself that wookie. Each year the A league gets bigger.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Always have had huge participation numbers .
Doesn't translate into fans of the A league or TV viewers. .

Gallop front loads the comp with early season blockbusters .
The media & fans go into a frenzy about how great it's going
How its booming
How they'll get a great TV deal

Lol
Every year the same story .
Begin well( no competition)
Then slowly start going backwards
Then when BBl ..lol ..oblivion
Right so we have 10 teams playing each other 3 times.

Big games for the HAL are Sydney Derby, Melbourne Derby, Adelaide v Victory, and the Big Blue.

Secondary popular games are Wanderers v Victory, Wanderers v Brisbane and it looks like Brisbane v Victory are gaining ground.

So assuming 5 games per week the chances of having one of the BIG games in the first 5 weeks is pretty damn high which ever way you look at the draw. So looks like the 'front loading the draw' is a bit of a furphy, as those big games are always going to be likely early and their will be 2 more of them each season as well.

Not that hard to work out
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

The_Wookie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
You arent getting bigger each year. Last year was a shit show of the highest order.
Riiight, keep telling yourself that wookie. Each year the A league gets bigger.
Ill just ignore the tv ratings and such then shall I. Ok then, whatever champ.
Where have I asked you to ignore them? What does the trend show?

More people going to the games, more people watching the games on TV, Bigger TV broadcast deals, more people playing the sport.

How exactly are any of those figures bad? I haven't asked you to ignore anything.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

post_hoc wrote:
There was a concert at Allianz (ColdPlay) hence the need to move you clown.
So they couldn't schedule it on another day/week? :roll: Nah me thinks they were testing out their blockbuster theory and hoping the crowds would follow. Absolute disaster in the end. lol
post_hoc wrote:
The Wanderers moved theirs because they did a deal to play 5 games at ANZ.

In this instance, a club needing a good reality check on their standing and popularity in western Sydney got it. Over 65,000 empty seats sent a clear message. lol
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Fred wrote:
Seeing as they are relying on a payday from the media I can't see it happening .
The ratings are woeful .pathetic
Not in the same universe as Rl or AFL ratings .
Remember when the women's cricket game got more TV viewers than the A-League?

Your last sentence is spot on. Not in the same universe indeed when it comes to TV ratings in Australia. "The World Game" lol
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
So they couldn't schedule it on another day/week? :roll: Nah me thinks they were testing out their blockbuster theory and hoping the crowds would follow. Absolute disaster in the end. lol
post_hoc wrote:

In this instance, a club needing a good reality check on their standing and popularity in western Sydney got it. Over 65,000 empty seats sent a clear message. lol
A blockbuster against Melbourne City? Yea mate sure, you are deluded, I would ask the Doctor to change your medication it isn't working.

The Wanderers can't play all their games at Spotless (just like the Giants can't you fecking idiot) they have to have another option because of standing commitments at Spotless, hence the need to move some games to ANZ. But hey keep believing your conspiracy theories, I hear you can download tin foil hat templates.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Vlad Tepes
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney FC

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I reckon you VFL apes should be scared. Give it a few years and a presence on one of the mainstream channels (other than SBS Vice lol) and our TV viewership will increase exponentially. Only a boring demographic of upper-middle class white guys care about VFL in Sydney; most people talk about the world game. Unlike VFL football is a game that actually makes sense and is played in other countries lol, even VFL youngsters are all playing FIFA with their mates. Give it time, as much as you resent us soccer wops will always be here.

Yours Truly,

Vlad Tepes
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

A blockbuster against Melbourne City? Yea mate sure, you are deluded, I would ask the Doctor to change your medication it isn't working.
So a top of the table clash in your league is not considered a blockbuster? Hmm strange logic there. :?>
post_hoc wrote:
The Wanderers can't play all their games at Spotless (just like the Giants can't you fecking idiot) they have to have another option because of standing commitments at Spotless, hence the need to move some games to ANZ.
So these other commitments at Spotless Stadium that would have stopped another few games being played there are? Why not Campbelltown Stadium or Penrith Stadium if Spotless as you assert had other commitments? Stop talking shit ok.

The Wanderers themselves state the ANZ Stadium deal was about accommodating their clearly bandwagon members, whilst also hoping for growth in crowd numbers through the scheduling of blockbusters at the venue.
Wanderers CEO John Tsatsimas said that the decision to move to venues at Sydney Olympic Park was based on strong member feedback and the best interests of the sustainability and growth of the Club.

“Sydney Olympic Park offers two exceptional venues in ANZ Stadium and Spotless Stadium which will best serve our current member base and provides a major growth opportunity for the Club which allows us to offer a greater number of Wanderers fans access to our blockbuster matches both now and into the future.”

http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article ... 4npdiy0n4e
16k last weekend for a game your club describes as a blockbuster. Hmm... The crowd figure like I said, was a good reality check for the Wanderers and FFA with their ridiculous assumptions about how popular soccer is in Western Sydney. Over 65,000 empty seats at the stadium says it all wouldn't you agree?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Vlad Tepes wrote:
I reckon you VFL apes should be scared. Give it a few years and a presence on one of the mainstream channels (other than SBS Vice lol) and our TV viewership will increase exponentially. Only a boring demographic of upper-middle class white guys care about VFL in Sydney; most people talk about the world game. Unlike VFL football is a game that actually makes sense and is played in other countries lol, even VFL youngsters are all playing FIFA with their mates. Give it time, as much as you resent us soccer wops will always be here.

Yours Truly,

Vlad Tepes
You flogs and those before your time have been telling Australians the same bullshit lines for decades.

Reality check... you play in summer (get totally owned by cricket once the Big Bash starts), attract shit crowds and even more worrying, abysmal tv ratings, the latter so bad - even SBS2 or Viceland wants to offload their requirements to broadcast your games. When will you lot cease with your delusions of some kind of relevance in Australia?
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

So a top of the table clash in your league is not considered a blockbuster? Hmm strange logic there. :?>
post_hoc wrote:
The Wanderers can't play all their games at Spotless (just like the Giants can't you fecking idiot) they have to have another option because of standing commitments at Spotless, hence the need to move some games to ANZ.
So these other commitments at Spotless Stadium that would have stopped another few games being played there are? Why not Campbelltown Stadium or Penrith Stadium if Spotless as you assert had other commitments? Stop talking shit ok.

The Wanderers themselves state the ANZ Stadium deal was about accommodating their clearly bandwagon members, whilst also hoping for growth in crowd numbers through the scheduling of blockbusters at the venue.
Wanderers CEO John Tsatsimas said that the decision to move to venues at Sydney Olympic Park was based on strong member feedback and the best interests of the sustainability and growth of the Club.

“Sydney Olympic Park offers two exceptional venues in ANZ Stadium and Spotless Stadium which will best serve our current member base and provides a major growth opportunity for the Club which allows us to offer a greater number of Wanderers fans access to our blockbuster matches both now and into the future.”

http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article ... 4npdiy0n4e
16k last weekend for a game your club describes as a blockbuster. Hmm... The crowd figure like I said, was a good reality check for the Wanderers and FFA with their ridiculous assumptions about how popular soccer is in Western Sydney. Over 65,000 empty seats at the stadium says it all wouldn't you agree?
I see the problem with beaussie now. He is so used to the rigged AFL competition where even before the season starts he expects the FFA to know which two teams will be the top of the table in round 10 of the upcoming season, and then move games as such. Sorry that is not how football works, stay with your provincial game.

As for the question as has been explained to you countless fecking times. Wanderers 18,000 members, Penrith and Campbelltown are unable to accommodate that number of seated members. So do you fucking understand why now? Or do you need it broken down for you further like a fucking 2 year old.

Wookie, you wanted feedback on why this site is stagnating. It is people like beaussie, who have to have the same fucking thing explained to him over and over again. Most normal people get fed up with such stupidity. I am forever amazed that he can find himself out a his fucking house on a daily basis.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685