Swans victory

Australian Football news and discussion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Swans victory

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well the swannies get up finally in an entertaining game where many swans returned to some sort of form. Barry Hall, Adam Goodes and Tadg Kennelly all played well. They won by a goal which wasnt quite my six goal win prediction however there were six posters by the swans so could have easily been a six goal margin.

The last quarter was a great watch and the turning point for me was when the 19yr old first gamer scored a goal from 45metres and showed great emotion something I think swnas players havent shown all season, the new blood and belief that came with it proved the difference as the swans lifted after this goal to score another 2 quick goals.

The game got heated in plenty of moments and a good dose of fisticuffs was really needed but with the afl recently introducing gaol terms for fighting there wasnt much chance of it unfortunately. Another funny point was the penalty to the swans for a sledge which sounded like "get up ya weak dog" by an essendon player and the lil umpy blows the whistle immediately saying "you cant say that to a player" :lol: Again my point of afl rules making afl players a bunch of soft girls is very valid.

Overall a great watch would have loved to have been there live.

And croc is once again wrong with his prediction :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Must confess that at half time I was thinking we didn't have a real chance of winning and the season was pretty much over.

Glad my assumptions were proved wrong. Still worrying signs though. That said it was good to see a few of the kids getting involved even scoring goals. Hopefully the confidence we got from winning tonight will assist us in the coming weeks. Being in Sydney for the next 2 weeks is a bonus. Bring on Port. :twisted:

Shame about the hamstring injury to Nick Davis. :(
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah i missed part of the first quarter so missed nicks getting what looks like a bad injury but again it should give opportunities to younger players who have some passion and want to play hard and win. Hopefully roos sees this beaussie and goes with what you were saying ages ago ie some swannies need to be dropped from the side to show their spot isnt for granted. Passion and a winning confident mindframe is what i see as one of the major problems with the swans, and a couple of positional changes wouldnt go astray which one of the insightful commentators was saying tonight. I just hope roos listens to this and also stops blaming the players and not himself for form from now on.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Swans victory

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Another funny point was the penalty to the swans for a sledge which sounded like "get up ya weak dog" by an essendon player and the lil umpy blows the whistle immediately saying "you cant say that to a player" :lol: Again my point of afl rules making afl players a bunch of soft girls is very valid.
After watching the replay today it seems according to the umpire's remarks, Johnson said "Get up ya weak dog". The commentators suggest he said something else that they couldn't repeat "weak ......"

The look on his Johnson's face was however priceless. I still can't work out how the umpire made the decision that such a sledge is worth a 50m penalty. :roll:

Umpires making the rules up as they go it seems.

It certainly has Bomber fans fuming, and rightly so.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index. ... 18875&st=0

Would have been more painful if the 50 m penalty resulted in a goal at such a crucial stage of the game. In any case Sydney won without the assistance of the umpires and Essendon's last quarter fade outs continue.