The weekly wrapup

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

The weekly wrapup

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hello my people :wave:

Well this week was an eventful week in the arcade, here's a summary of what happened.

Best player: King Eliagh
All Time Best Player: King Eliagh

Croc, bigtommy, dizzy's, and beaussie all caught a nasty case of tall poppy syndrome :sick: :puke: early on in the week and dont seem to have recovered. Meanwhile The All Time Greatest Player (myself :oops: ) went on to dominate the majority of games through pure skill. Many attempted, and some did take some of my high scores however this was always quickly fixed as I continued to reach astronomical scores =D> . Latest voting amongst the members has me being the All Time Greatest until shortly after our sun explodes which I think scientists believe to be 5 billion years. Yes thats the belief going round.

In other lesser news members have attained a degree of competency in the following games.

Pinball: Beaussie
Tenpinbowling: Crocman
Tetris (with honours): Mikey G
Wheel of Fortune: Mikey G
Blob Twist: Mikey G

The other 22 odd games seem to be mine at this point :D

Worth noting each week is the most dominant score. This at first was a tossup between Mikey G's Tetris and your Kings Pacman. However yours truly (the peoples king) :oops: showed he is up there with a score of 62000. Once this score was attained there was no doubting my pacman score remains truly the most dominant score on the boards being some 13 times higher than that of second place.

And thats the week in the arcade. :D

KE's weekly arcade tip for the commoners:

Be good to your mother and smell pumpkins
Last edited by King-Eliagh on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: The weekly wrapup

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Worth noting each week is the most dominant score. This at first was a tossup between Mikey G's Tetris and your Kings Pacman. However yours truly (the peoples king) :oops: showed he is up there with a score of 62000. Once this score was attained there was no doubting my pacman score remains truly the most dominant score on the boards being some 13 times higher than that of second place.
My pinball score is right up there with the most dominant I would have thought. No one can get near it.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The weekly wrapup

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

King-Eliagh wrote:

In other lesser news members have attained a degree of competency in the following games.

Pinball: Beaussie
Tenpinbowling: Crocman
Tetris (with honours): Mikey G
Wheel of Fortune: Mikey G
Blob Twist: Mikey G
Skid WRX: Dizzys_on_fire :thumbleft:
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well what a week. High drama and great scores a plenty. The week began wiuth the king taking a four day hiatus where some of his scores were toppled and one was deleted unfairly. The All Time Greatest has also been having difficulties with the site making it almost impossible to play games and now difficult to even post. Yet I have still managed to hold onto top spot :D

There was much misunderstanding midweek as to who was the real leader, it seemed only myself and the computer knew what the answer was. In the end justice was the winner :D
Scores of note this week were:

Dizzy's: Frisbee dog
Makaveli: Tetris
Beaussie: Pinball
Dizzy's: Skid WRX

All Time Greatest: King-Eliagh
Best Player: Dizzy's

I have now held onto top spot for 3 weeks and two daysand if due to comp malfunction. If I lose this record it will definitely be hard to top as the competition 'seems' to be evening up. However this evening up is misleading as I havent been able to compete at anywhere near full capacity. Well played all.

The Kings weekly tip for commoners

Be sure to eat your sour grapes with a healthy dash of humility

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well another week has passed with high drama aplenty in the arcade. It is King-Eliagh's sixth week straight as THE ALL TIME GREATEST and just when it looked impossible to cut him down beaussie started a poll that has brightened up a lot of "losers" weeks. It seems the intellectually challenged beaussie has decided with the backup of a bunch of arcade losers to reset all the high scores.

This is a highly controversial act and if taken out will no doubt set a very negative precedent where the scores will be reset willy nilly and basically making a complete mockery of the very meaning of "All Time High Score". The concept of all time will no longer exist. It will be a big shame if he carries through with this and the arcade will lose a lot of credibility.

I have no doubts the King will quickly jump to the top of the ladder but it just wont be the same and infact I may be standing down and handing in my mods badge of the arcade as the Greatest Ever Arcadian.

In playing news this week the week finished like this.

All Time Greatest Player: King-Eliagh
Best Player: Mikey G

Midweek saw a boost in KE's gold medals as the computer glitch on his user name mysteriously left for an uninterrupted 2 hours of gameplay. He took full advantage of this time and smashed dizzy's frisbee dog score, smashed BT's panic room, and smashed beaussies monkey dive score. In this time he also made massive records on the two new games in the arcade. Truly a magnificent display of arcadesmenship once again!

In other news rumours suggest beaussie wept uncontrollably when he saw KE's monkey dive score, Bittertommy's face has permantly morphed into a blowfish from his bitterness, and crocman has been threatening his family with the loss of a finger if they dont vote yes to resetting the all time high scores.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

A quiet few weeks in the arcade. A few games have been added and noone is able to surpass me still. Its gotta be verging on three months of complete dominance now and the King is content and happy to serve his lesser members of the society free humble pie.

There was plenty of drama about resetting the high scores but beaussie has kept to his word and it seems the so called fault in the computer is infact the computer remembering all time high scores off games that have been deleted. IMO the computer is doing the right thing.

KE's weekly tip for eaters of humble pie:

never give up, never say die, no retreat, no surrender, if you think you arent as good as KE you are right :)

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Firstly I'd like to apologise for not providing the weekly update for sometime. I no longer have a computer that is easily accessable.

Anyway to the news. It is now 14 weeks since KE took the reigns of THE ALL TIME GREATEST here in the arcade and it still looks like noone will go near challenging the king.

We have a new member (someone else) who has shown some talent in the arcade. Currently he is ranked as the best player of the week and I say well done. In addition to his arcade skills it seems the bloke is of sound sporting character. He acknowledges who is the greatest without a word of jealousy. A fine recruit.

And lastly it seems we may have an overhaul of the arcade soon. Beaussie is still keen to reset all high scores and it seems this time he's thinking seriously about adding a prize for whomever can be the all time greatest within a certain time period. Sounds interesting to me although I would hate to lose my status and would hope there is some way we can keep it. Perhaps instating me as the first member of arcade immortals?

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hey folks. Well it is now four months of dominance by myself in the arcade. Many haven't played in a while and I can understand why. It is nigh impossible to defeat me. The people have now submitted and are finally understanding there is no beating the Great One.

In news this week we have someone else still showing some fine skills. He is a notch above the others who play in here and as King of the Arcade I am happy for him to show such skill. He is probably a quarter of the man I am but compared to the rest of the snotheads in here this is quite good.

Pickles has made a pathetic return and beaussie is still talking about resetting high scores. I thank you all for being my arcade slaves.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hello my people

Well it has been an eventful few weeks in the arcade, here's a summary of what happened.

Yes the arcade has had somewhat of a comeback in popularity over the last few weeks. Crocman is desperately trying to overtake beaussies starsky and hutch pinball but he seems to be falling short of the line time and time again :lol: . In actual fact he said he would have beaten beaussies pinball score by march 2005. This never happened but we have to give the man credit for not giving up.

Dizzy's has vowed to beat my boomerang mayhem score and some scores have been toppled.

In other news it seems someone else has realised he cannot beat The Great One (KE) and has not been seen playing in over 2 weeks. Ohwell we knew it would happen.

Futhermore your King and Great One (KE) has found a computer that actually runs this program properly and in the short time since has gone about destroying and reclaiming more and more records. These being;

Panic room: This was always undoubtedly my game although beaussie in another of his pathetic 'slip-ups' deleted a massive score of 112 months ago. Since then croc has sheepishly held the record with a measly 85. He knew it would only be a matter of time before I smashed him once more and now justice has finally come.

Boomerang Mayhem: An utterly dominant display in which i slaughtered kangaroos for something like half an hour. I was getting bored with the game and knew i had a good record. I honestly thought of just letting the roos kill me about halfway through this one but i went on and ended up with a score that is almost 10 times what dizzy's had previously.

Submarines: Yet another game where a properly running/timed computer is essential. Finally i found one and showed pure skill in defeating pickles's very decent long running record.

All in all the best way to sum up the last few weeks in the arcade is reading this

every time you enter the arcade :cool: .

Happy gaming folks and stay true to your lack of ability :D

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hello again my scumbags! :wave:

Well its been an interesting time in the arcade of late. I'm still the All Time Greatest, and always will be. Beaussie however has been tampering away and in a pretty weak effort deleted all the 'best' scores. Of which i had plenty. So now he has become the 'best' player with some very ordinary results. I could easily take him out but i'll leave him on there for awhile...he likes seeing his name.

In other news croc has still been feverishly trying to take beaussies starsky and hutch score and beaussie has just raised the bar even higher. And now with crocman vowing never to return to talking footy after a non arcade related stoush with beaussie it seems his dream of holding that title is over.

In hybrid fighter, the King, yes yours truly took out bittertommy in a beautiful display. Tommy's record was good, but as for most things in this mans life...not good enough :lol: .

Pickles has decided bomby bomy is his game and has shown some skill in taking The All Time Greatest's (KE) high score off him. However it is a very beatable score and I promise to take that high score off him shortly...mark my words!

And beassie has shown amazing skill and determination in beating a score of mine which i thought was impossible. He tried to beat this score for months and tried about 150 times before finally getting it. Well done beaussie =D> but i will beat it aswell, may take awhile but its mine.

And finally there are some new games in the arcade. Although pretty shittty ones, they are still new and it may take awhile to sort the King from the boys for whom gets the highest score.

Keep on pluggin people, although none of you will ever surpass me...the greatest...its about how you play the game, not who wins... :sick: :puke:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

When will you top my all time greatest scores in Monkey Cliff Diving and Starsky and Hutch? You're not in my league sunshine.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

What is this rubbish!? Your starsky and hutch i have no will to take over. Pinball doesnt interest me in the slightest and in any case, as i have written before, you commoners need to have some...just a few...high scores. If i didnt let you have the odd one here and there all of you would never play and now that wouldnt be fun.

As for monkey dive? As i have said it is a very good score and i commend you on that, but i shall beat it within 6 weeks. I dont have much game playing time on my hands lately so it will take a little while, however i may get it within a day...who knows when you're playing against the greatest of all times.

Now when you can beat 10, yes 10 of the games where i am ALL TIME GREATEST, then you will be beginning to reach my league snotty.

KE's tip for the commoners who think they are close to him:

Try, try, and try again....and then try some more...then when you've tried so hard and you cant try any more? Do what the goat from LU would've done, get a big cardboard sign, write "free hugs" on it and go out in public.

No one will beat the King :|

xman wrote: