betting odds show gulf between codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: betting odds show gulf between codes

Post by Raiderdave »

Phelpsy wrote:
I wonder what the odds are even for a team not to score a goal in afl. I think you could get 10000 to 1 as it had rarely happened... I can't remember it happening in the modern era although footscray came close once. I think this happened several times in the nrl last year.

it as easy as shit to score a goal in your fumbling abortion of a sport... of course the clowns in singlets make it look more difficult as they are oxygen thieves who can barely kick better & straighter then my nan .. & shes blind :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<>

its not so easy to sore a try in RL
the field is just 67m wide & defences are well organised :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Phelpsy wrote:
I also wonder, are the quality of games lessening in the nrl, with the shrinking talent pool given the expansion of afl and the growth of soccer, whether teams are more even as there are less stars. Sure you have a few standouts, billy slatter anyone (go storm) but as afl grows and more kids are drawn to afl and to a lesser extent, soccer, are nrl all just closer in how poor a side they are?
:(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[]

the NRL is chokers full of super stars
talent oozing out of its development systems

the only sport that is experiencing its shallowest talent pool in its History ... with its development programs failing everywhere

is the fumbles & bumbles
it is diabolical ... a joke

just ask the bookies .. they'll tell ya :cool:

how can anyone watch that compromised crap ? :?>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Xman wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Pete_09 wrote:
I cant believe the Lions are only $81. I support them & even I think they should be at least $150.
Well its bad luck you support them.
Vlad managed to make sure they were successful(along with the Swans..that means a compromised comp).It was esy to do with only 2 non heartland teams .
Now he has another 2 to try to make sure are successful..Someone has to miss out & it looks like the Kitty Kats.
He is still letting the Swans cheat ..even after 30 yrs in SYD...What a joke ..a team gets a higher salary cap than others (but lets call it something else that makes it sound Legit... A COLA.. :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ .
& the 2 new teams need all the best young fumbling stick insects ,so they get them..
Poor Kitty kats miss out.

How anyone can watch a Rigged comp is beyond me..No level playing field,,

But then again ,Fumble fans are not known for being too bright.
So you must struggle watching the NRL then...
The Storm have new owners following the sale by media outlet News Corp. The financial depth of the new owners is unknown, and only time will tell if they can make the highly successful football club a financial success. The Storm has been overspending to the tune of between $2 million and $5 million for 15 years. This shortfall has been financed by News Ltd and the amount spent by the club does not seem to be falling since the salary cap scandal in 2010.
The Storm football club spends about $20 million a year, or about $2-$4 million more than most other clubs except for the wealthy Broncos. The new consortium of owners, led by New Zealander Bart Campbell, are projecting the club will break even in five years, which is a long time to be losing money. The Storm has risen to the top of the competition by overspending; if the club has to curtail its expenses it is very difficult to see the performance on the field continuing, placing greater financial stress on the group.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2reDoMEOQ

The storm, bankrolled by the owners of the NRL, rose to huge and long term success on the back of overspending despite a tiny local following. Seems real fair doesn't it..... :_<>
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
You cant be serious..
Show me where the Storm or any other team in the NRL get higher cap than others.
All teams work under the same $$$$ for the players...Football operations don't come under the cap.
& when teams cheat the cap they are punished(Storm & Bulldogs).

Its different in Derpball.
there is LEGALISED cheating of the cap.
No penalty for Sydney..
Spending beyond the salary cap assists success, and the storm were assisted by the league owners well beyond the capacity their following allowed. In fact it was the second highest in the league. The swans are well down the list on spending.

The cola assists a team in an expansion state to remain competitive from a cost of living and relocation point of view. Its not perfect but nor is the owner of the NRL paying for the storm to make GF after GF when theyd have fallen over without that funding.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Pete_09 wrote:
Oh & what about the odds before the Rugby League World Cup. I think Australia was $1.40, NZ $5 & then England $14 with the most of the teams being $100 - $1,000.

At least in the AFL 6-7 teams can win the flag. Can you say that about the RL World Cup Raiderdave!!!!!
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

yes indeed
this one is NRLcrappers twin brother

what the fuck has the RLWC got to do with domestic comps you wombat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the VFL has 2.... count em
systems meant to even out the talent pool & provide an interesting comp
so :-k
what in the love of gods fucking name ..... happened fumblers ? :?>

:(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
he makes a sound point. The RLWC was grossly one sided yet heralded by RL fans as a tremendous tornament. Yet a far more competitive AfL comp is criticised as lopsided. :(/
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Xman wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Pete_09 wrote:
I cant believe the Lions are only $81. I support them & even I think they should be at least $150.
Well its bad luck you support them.
Vlad managed to make sure they were successful(along with the Swans..that means a compromised comp).It was esy to do with only 2 non heartland teams .
Now he has another 2 to try to make sure are successful..Someone has to miss out & it looks like the Kitty Kats.
He is still letting the Swans cheat ..even after 30 yrs in SYD...What a joke ..a team gets a higher salary cap than others (but lets call it something else that makes it sound Legit... A COLA.. :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ .
& the 2 new teams need all the best young fumbling stick insects ,so they get them..
Poor Kitty kats miss out.

How anyone can watch a Rigged comp is beyond me..No level playing field,,

But then again ,Fumble fans are not known for being too bright.
So you must struggle watching the NRL then...
The Storm have new owners following the sale by media outlet News Corp. The financial depth of the new owners is unknown, and only time will tell if they can make the highly successful football club a financial success. The Storm has been overspending to the tune of between $2 million and $5 million for 15 years. This shortfall has been financed by News Ltd and the amount spent by the club does not seem to be falling since the salary cap scandal in 2010.
The Storm football club spends about $20 million a year, or about $2-$4 million more than most other clubs except for the wealthy Broncos. The new consortium of owners, led by New Zealander Bart Campbell, are projecting the club will break even in five years, which is a long time to be losing money. The Storm has risen to the top of the competition by overspending; if the club has to curtail its expenses it is very difficult to see the performance on the field continuing, placing greater financial stress on the group.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2reDoMEOQ

The storm, bankrolled by the owners of the NRL, rose to huge and long term success on the back of overspending despite a tiny local following. Seems real fair doesn't it..... :_<>
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
You cant be serious..
Show me where the Storm or any other team in the NRL get higher cap than others.
All teams work under the same $$$$ for the players...Football operations don't come under the cap.
& when teams cheat the cap they are punished(Storm & Bulldogs).

Its different in Derpball.
there is LEGALISED cheating of the cap.
No penalty for Sydney..
Spending beyond the salary cap assists success, and the storm were assisted by the league owners well beyond the capacity their following allowed. In fact it was the second highest in the league. The swans are well down the list on spending.

The cola assists a team in an expansion state to remain competitive from a cost of living and relocation point of view. Its not perfect but nor is the owner of the NRL paying for the storm to make GF after GF when theyd have fallen over without that funding.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

assisted by the League owners :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nope
not a cent from the NRL ... a completely different organisation to News Ltd you blithering fuckstick :(/ :(/ :(/
If News owned the NRL... the Storm would never have been punished for their cap breaches & fined over a million dollars .. they'd of got away with it
NRL fans would never allow their comp to be a laughing stock by allowing .. some sides .. advantages over others
& so
there is not a team in the NRL that gets a single shred of extra assistance from the governing body
its a level playing field

the VFL on the other hand
is a compromised .. tainted ..... joke
hence the bucket of puke of a comp it presently has
needed to be said :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Pete_09 wrote:
Oh & what about the odds before the Rugby League World Cup. I think Australia was $1.40, NZ $5 & then England $14 with the most of the teams being $100 - $1,000.

At least in the AFL 6-7 teams can win the flag. Can you say that about the RL World Cup Raiderdave!!!!!
8-[

yes indeed

what the fuck has the RLWC got to do with domestic comps you wombat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he makes a sound point. The RLWC was grossly one sided yet heralded by RL fans as a tremendous tornament. Yet a far more competitive AfL comp is criticised as lopsided. :(/
:lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<>

the RLWC is an international tournament
it is not subject to salary caps & drafts designed to even out the competition ... like the VFL supposedly is ? :?>
:lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

but enough of the deflecting fumblers
you're failing there almost as badly as your code is at having an even comp :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/

come on
why is your code failing ?
its just not getting it right like the NRL is.. is it .............. why is that ? :-k

:cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

The NRL were run by News Limited until recently you goose!!

MarkZ is a fricking fool. How can you live with yourself questioning an experienced umpire like TLPG?? Oh yeah you're a rugby league fan so I guess the lack of reality is normal for you.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think I get it. Nrl people such as Dave and crapper think the afl are full of themselves and look down on the nrl thinking afl is superior. A bit like how people want to put down the United States as thinking they are the best all the time. I can see how these nrl would feel that way. Here you have a superior football code looking down their noses at the nrl as unprofessional and poorly run. Sad thing is, I don't think the afl really give the nrl much thought to be honest and seem the nrl as a bit of a niggling insignificant thing. I get it now.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

And they make things up to try and paint the AFL as poorly run and so on. It's like shooting fish in a barrel!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think the afl probably comes across as arrogant. Given the size and popularity, and how nrl is seen as a sport for bogans and afl covers a wide section of the community. Each has its wealthy types I guess, but you only need to look at Dave as a typical uneducated lower class nrl fan.
Veni, vidi, vici
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

NRLCrap1 wrote:

MarkZ is a fricking fool. How can you live with yourself questioning an experienced umpire like TLPG?? Oh yeah you're a rugby league fan so I guess the lack of reality is normal for you.
Who gives a flying F that TLPG is an umpire. I rate people on how they act here. You act like a dumbfuck I treat you like a dumbfuck.

What TLPG does, what you or anyone else on here does away from here means nothing.

TLPG makes statements that are wrong I will point them out. You say something stupid, I will point it out (nearly a full time job with you)

Needed to be said......... :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Pete_09 wrote:

8-[

yes indeed

it is not subject to salary caps & drafts designed to even out the competition ... like the VFL supposedly is ? :?>

you're failing there almost as badly as your code is at having an even comp :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/

come on
its just not getting it right like the NRL is.. is it .............. why is that ? :-k

How does the salary cap or draft help even up 2 brand new teams? You're clueless.

Essentially the only significant issue the AFL have with uneven teams relate to the two brand new teams with developing lists. This is hardly unusual. Every new A fL team has struggled during their early years
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Pete_09 wrote:

8-[

yes indeed

come on

How does the salary cap or draft help even up 2 brand new teams? You're clueless.

Essentially the only significant issue the AFL have with uneven teams relate to the two brand new teams with developing lists. This is hardly unusual. Every new A fL team has struggled during their early years

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

the 2 new teams only
yes

the Demons say hi fuckwit.. also the Saint Kiddy Fiddlers ... the Bulldogs ... the Kitty Kats :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

& I'm the one who's clueless :roll:
manipulated .... contrived .... garbage
tis the VFL :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
The NRL were run by News Limited until recently you goose!!

phew ......

its confirmation I'm completely right ... if this piss flap says the opposite :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

TLPG
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

MarkZZZ wrote:
TLPG wrote:
For the record, the jumper I have is a woollen jumper. Not pure wool of course, but rather a synthetic hybrid. AKA a synthetic fabric as the first link given. And it was purchased in the late 1990's.

Wool has to be in the jumpers because the warmth is needed traditionally. I've always been envious of players as an umpire when the weather is cold, because our uniforms have never been made from wool - hybrid fabric or whatever else!

Looks like you got dudded with one of the old stock TLPG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.marketsports.com.au/?gclid=C ... vAodMk4AtA

http://promocorner.com.au/afl-custom-uniforms/

http://www.thefootyspecialists.com.au/index.php?cPath=1

All I saw was 100% polyester.
Two of the three only dealt with the 18 AFL clubs. The game at elite level moves fast enough for wool not to be needed. That third link will not do good business once the local clubs realise that 100 percent polyester doesn't work at the local level. My jumper is a local one - 50 percent wool and 50 percent polyester. As are most at the local level, especially in places where cold weather is the norm and the game doesn't move as fast leading to the threat of hypothermia. Such a threat doesn't exist at elite level.

I would expect you to mock my on field experience. You're just a cheap bully looking for an outlet. Pathetic.

Thanks for the defence, NRLC. Not that it helps with this idiot.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST