NRL - copying the AFL again! What's new!?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL - copying the AFL again! What's new!?

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Anyway the AFL taking the lead from the brilliant and innovative NRL on video reply technology.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/b ... 6336028568
:lol: the NRL invented video replay referrals did they?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Anyway the AFL taking the lead from the brilliant and innovative NRL on video reply technology.

First sport in Australia yes

in 1997

then everyone followed us

Rugby
Cricket
now Vicky kicky

Rugby League ... leaders
the rest

followers :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

in 1997

Rugby
Cricket
now Vicky kicky

Rugby League ... leaders
the rest

Who gives a shite if they were the first in Australia! :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

in 1997

Rugby
Cricket
now Vicky kicky

Rugby League ... leaders
the rest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

whaaaaa
whaaaaa

gee .. jealous much

RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

in 1997

Rugby
Cricket
now Vicky kicky

Rugby League ... leaders
the rest

whaaaaa
whaaaaa

gee .. jealous much

Jealous? Video decisions are almost irrelevant in the AFL. They're only being used once or twice a game where the ball may have been touched or hit the post.

How significant! :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

whaaaaa
whaaaaa

gee .. jealous much

Jealous? Video decisions are almost irrelevant in the AFL. They're only being used once or twice a game where the ball may have been touched or hit the post.

How significant! :lol:
yeah :roll:
copycats ... :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

You walked right into that one Xman. =D> =D> When you make Xman look like a fool, he moves the posts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

You walked right into that one Xman. =D> =D> When you make Xman look like a fool, he moves the posts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What? :lol:

It was started overseas dopey! #-o
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Video technology suits thugby. It doesn't suit AFL, which is why it took this long to even get to this point. We've been hearing about video reviews since the late 1980's, which I'll bet is before thugby even thought of it.

History lesson over.

Needed to be said.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Xman wrote:
the NRL invented video replay referrals did they?
If it's a blight on the game they invented it.
Nice try Cos.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Clearcut case here. NRL first to use video replay technology in aus. Other codes saw and promptly followed suit.

It obviously suits the AFL otherwise they wouldnt have tried, tested and bought into the thing! TLPG, you disappoint me with your flippant remark here. Just think, yesterdays AFL game probably would have been a different result and many bogan Collingwood supporters would have left the game violently hitting women and smashing things if it werent for the NRL pioneering the video replay technology in Australia. :D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Clearcut case here. NRL first to use video replay technology in aus. Other codes saw and promptly followed suit.

It obviously suits the AFL otherwise they wouldnt have tried, tested and bought into the thing! TLPG, you disappoint me with your flippant remark here. Just think, yesterdays AFL game probably would have been a different result and many bogan Collingwood supporters would have left the game violently hitting women and smashing things if it werent for the NRL pioneering the video replay technology in Australia. :D
AFL are going to copy our indigenous All Star VS NRL AllStar concept, why am i not surprised they have no representative game and this would be a light on the very distant hill. :lol: :lol:
NRL leading the way :D =D>
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/02/al ... of-origin/
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

AFL are going to copy our indigenous All Star VS NRL AllStar concept, why am i not surprised they have no representative game and this would be a light on the very distant hill. :lol: :lol:
The Indigenous All-Stars (known as for sponsorship reasons Qantas Kickstart Indigenous All-Stars and formerly known as the Aboriginal All-Stars) are an Australian rules football team composed purely of Indigenous Australians.
The team was formed in 1983 to compete in an exhibition match in Mildura but has since become based in Darwin, Northern Territory and currently plays its matches at Marrara Stadium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous ... _football)

#-o
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

The Indigenous All-Stars (known as for sponsorship reasons Qantas Kickstart Indigenous All-Stars and formerly known as the Aboriginal All-Stars) are an Australian rules football team composed purely of Indigenous Australians.
The team was formed in 1983 to compete in an exhibition match in Mildura but has since become based in Darwin, Northern Territory and currently plays its matches at Marrara Stadium.
#-o
beaussie said | May 2nd 2012 @ 10:26am | Report comment

* It would look like blatantly copying the NRL (it doesn’t matter which came first, it will just look that way)
* It would be Blacks vs Whites – the NRL gets away with this because theirs isn’t blacks vs whites (Islanders & Maoris play on the NRL side)
* It would die off just like SOO as soon as clubs start pulling players out due to injury fears
* We can’t keep ridiculing the NRL & Rugby for having rep games and claiming they don’t matter because the club game is the only thing that matters, yet keep trying to promote things like this

We should scrap all rep games – including the woeful Irishball – and just focus on our best asset – club football.

Everything else just reeks of jealousy.
Right on Beaussie i totally agree =D> =D>
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
#-o
beaussie said | May 2nd 2012 @ 10:26am | Report comment

* It would look like blatantly copying the NRL (it doesn’t matter which came first, it will just look that way)
* It would be Blacks vs Whites – the NRL gets away with this because theirs isn’t blacks vs whites (Islanders & Maoris play on the NRL side)
* It would die off just like SOO as soon as clubs start pulling players out due to injury fears
* We can’t keep ridiculing the NRL & Rugby for having rep games and claiming they don’t matter because the club game is the only thing that matters, yet keep trying to promote things like this

We should scrap all rep games – including the woeful Irishball – and just focus on our best asset – club football.

Everything else just reeks of jealousy.
Right on Beaussie i totally agree =D> =D>
The AFL have had an indigenous all stars game for years. Where exactly is the copied concept?