Solution to NRL's current crisis

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Solution to NRL's current crisis

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
All clubs on solid ground in the AFL.

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the AFL is on the San Andreas fault ....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Multiple times wealthier than the NRL because of massive following at the games and with memberships. This leads to huge sponsorships. I'd love to know what you're basing your logic on.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
All clubs on solid ground in the AFL.

8-[

Multiple times wealthier than the NRL because of massive following at the games and with memberships. This leads to huge sponsorships. I'd love to know what you're basing your logic on.
with its clubs even more multiple times in debt then the NRL's
your game is F'd :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
8-[

BS. All but 2 nRL clubs lose money year after year. A few without major sponsors. I showed some of their annual financial reports and they rely on bailouts year after year from their owners, and are now asking for more from the nRL.

Only 6 AFL clubs needed a small hanout last year. The rest are sitting pretty.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
cooee
Seniors
Seniors
Team: All Brisbane based teams except the Lions

Post by cooee »

NSWAFL wrote:
Cooee, comparing AFL finances in this manner to NRL is like comparing apples to oranges. NONE of the AFL clubs are privately owned. Sydney tried it through Geoff Edelsten and it stiffed. I believe that all NRL clubs are privately owned. This is why NRL clubs are less likely to ask for handouts unless they are in real trouble, and that doesn't take much. The clubs will get nothing from the next NRL TV deal unless they are involved in the negotiations. In the AFL on the other hand the clubs get plenty for TV deals because that's the way the AFL is run. All AFL competitions are run the same way even down to the grass roots. The controlling body has a share of responsibility for the clubs, and that's something that Gallop is against and he is wrong in that thinking.

Now maybe the NRL is changing with this independent commission. The question is will the clubs co-operate? Could be interesting!
Why do you comment when you clearly have no idea how the NRL is run?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
BS. All but 2 nRL clubs lose money year after year. A few without major sponsors. I showed some of their annual financial reports and they rely on bailouts year after year from their owners, and are now asking for more from the nRL.

Only 6 AFL clubs needed a small hanout last year. The rest are sitting pretty.
piddling amounts compared to AFL clubs

the solution is easy for NRL clubs when their funding is increased from the next TV deal
they'll wipe out their losses

the AFL clubs problems are far far more difficult & some will struggle to to be able to overcome them
AFL ... imploding :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

cooee wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
Cooee, comparing AFL finances in this manner to NRL is like comparing apples to oranges. NONE of the AFL clubs are privately owned. Sydney tried it through Geoff Edelsten and it stiffed. I believe that all NRL clubs are privately owned. This is why NRL clubs are less likely to ask for handouts unless they are in real trouble, and that doesn't take much. The clubs will get nothing from the next NRL TV deal unless they are involved in the negotiations. In the AFL on the other hand the clubs get plenty for TV deals because that's the way the AFL is run. All AFL competitions are run the same way even down to the grass roots. The controlling body has a share of responsibility for the clubs, and that's something that Gallop is against and he is wrong in that thinking.

Now maybe the NRL is changing with this independent commission. The question is will the clubs co-operate? Could be interesting!

he has no idea about ........ anything :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1ll4q.html

NRL club bosses have warned that some clubs might not survive until the new television deal in 2013 unless their annual grant is increased from $3.85 million to $6 million next season.
With 14 of the 16 clubs recording losses this year, officials are determined to avoid the situation that occurred in the British Super League when the Wales-based Crusaders collapsed and players - many of them Australians - were left out of pocket.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z1leE1shr6

Seems to me the NRL are so poorly off some clubs may not even survive to see the next TV deal. Then when it comes most of the money will go straight to keeping them viable.

Deep doo doo for the NRL
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:

NRL club bosses have warned that some clubs might not survive until the new television deal in 2013 unless their annual grant is increased from $3.85 million to $6 million next season.
With 14 of the 16 clubs recording losses this year, officials are determined to avoid the situation that occurred in the British Super League when the Wales-based Crusaders collapsed and players - many of them Australians - were left out of pocket.

Seems to me the NRL are so poorly off some clubs may not even survive to see the next TV deal. Then when it comes most of the money will go straight to keeping them viable.

Deep doo doo for the NRL
you keep trotting out the same garbage
all CEO's are doing is making sure they get their cut by overstating their situations
they are doing very well all things considered & will thrive from 2013

about a dozen AFL clubs on the other hand .. don't know when ...if ever they'll turn a profit again
AFL .. imploding :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Deep doo doo for the NRL
all CEO's are doing is making sure they get their cut by overstating their situations

about a dozen AFL clubs on the other hand .. don't know when ...if ever they'll turn a profit again
I show evidence, you speak opinion without proof.

Status quo!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Deep doo doo for the NRL

I show evidence, you speak opinion without proof.

Status quo!
you show zip didee do dah ..... status quo :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

cooee wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

Are you suggesting that the NRL and the AFL are run the same way? You're an imbecile if you think that's true! You tell me how it's run if you think you're so smart.
cooee
Seniors
Seniors

Post by cooee »

Firstly not all NRL clubs are privately owned.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z1leMLNLfJ

BRISBANE (listed on ASX)
Shareholders: 68.87 per cent News Ltd, 9.79 per cent BXBX Pty Ltd, 6.73 per cent Lake Morepeth Pty Ltd, 14.61 per cent others
CANBERRA
Membership-based club. Canberra Districts holds NRL licence
CANTERBURY
Membership-based club
CRONULLA
Membership-based club. Cronulla Sharks Ltd holds licence
GOLD COAST
Owned by private consortium
MANLY
Shareholders: 40 per cent Penn Sports, 36 per cent Quantum (buying stake from Max Delmege), 9 per cent Manly Leagues Club, 15 per cent Manly football club
MELBOURNE
Owned by News Ltd
NEWCASTLE
Membership-based club
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Owned equally by Eric Watson and Mark Hotchin
NORTH QUEENSLAND
Membership-based club. Owned by Cowboys Leagues
PARRAMATTA
Membership-based club
PENRITH
Membership-based club. Owned by Penrith Rugby League Club and Panthers Entertainment Group.
SOUTH SYDNEY
Shareholders: 75 per cent Blackcourt League Investments Pty Ltd, 25 per cent South Sydney Members Rugby League Football Club Ltd
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA
Shareholders: 50 per cent St George District Rugby League Football Club Limited, 25 per cent Illawarra District Rugby League Football Club Limited, 25 per cent WIN Television
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Membership-based club
WESTS TIGERS
Membership-based club. Shareholders: 50 per cent Balmain Tigers Rugby Leagues Club, 50 per cent Western Suburbs Group
cooee
Seniors
Seniors

Post by cooee »

NSWAFL wrote:
cooee wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

Are you suggesting that the NRL and the AFL are run the same way? You're an imbecile if you think that's true! You tell me how it's run if you think you're so smart.
If NRL clubs don't get any money fromTV where does the NRL find the money for the yearly club grants?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

cooee wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
cooee wrote:
If NRL clubs don't get any money fromTV where does the NRL find the money for the yearly club grants?
cooee you'd have more enlightening conversations with your cat

then with NSWAFL :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

cooee wrote:
The AFL system is straightforward. media Income goes into general revenue then divied out among the clubs.
That's why the Swans were so important to VFL because they were the only TV game on a Sunday
yet they only recieved thier club share of the revenue.

So cooee, enlighten us, how does the nrl divvy up it's income ?
It seems to be quite a mix of stakeholders, from media interests, private owners to traditional club setup.
Why are nrl clubs so dependant on their leagues club ?
Nice try Cos.