Profile and access problems

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Profile and access problems

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

To the admins/mods,

I have had 2 problems.

Problem 1: I wasn't able to access the forums yesterday, I received error pages on several occasions. I did notice last time I visited that there was a different URL in the address box to which I found in the first place. I came across yet another different URL but this time I was unable to access my account and had to re-register.

Problem 2: When trying to update my profile I keep getting an error page after clicking "submit".
General Error

Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE

This is then followed by a whole heap of text that I don't understand.

Any help with these errors would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Profile and access problems

Post by Beaussie »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
To the admins/mods,

I have had 2 problems.

Problem 1: I wasn't able to access the forums yesterday, I received error pages on several occasions. I did notice last time I visited that there was a different URL in the address box to which I found in the first place. I came across yet another different URL but this time I was unable to access my account and had to re-register.
Firstly, welcome on board, it is good to see you again. We were worried we might have lost you with the problems we experienced with the previous forum.

Now as for problem 1, all previous registrations were lost with the former forum, hence the need for you to re-register. With the URL issues try accessing the forums through our new redirection URL:

www.talkingfooty.tk

It works fine for me, however I did initially experience similar issues that you have described. They were corrected however when I pressed refresh. I haven't had any problems with the URL since. Let me know however, if you still have problems with that, it might be a bug in the system that needs to be fixed.
Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
Problem 2: When trying to update my profile I keep getting an error page after clicking "submit".
General Error

Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE

This is then followed by a whole heap of text that I don't understand.

Any help with these errors would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Not exactly sure about that. I'll have a look at it. In the meantime if you want to update your avatar, just PM me with the link to your avatar and I will upload it for you. Let me know in the PM if there are any other things you would like in your profile.

I'll get back to you as soon as I've worked out the problems you are experiencing with your profile.