NRL cops a kicking in the battle of the codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL cops a kicking in the battle of the codes

Post by NSWAFL »

Where in the blues blazes did you get that statement, Dave?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Hmm Raiderdave, that seems awfully lot like an opinion. I'd say the AFLs opinion is different.

The fact is that the number of NSW kids playing ARs juniors has increased significantly. Whether they continue to follow the sport is up to them. Personally, I hope they just follow a sport in general, rather than on line gaming. Today's youth need all the healthy activities they can get.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:

its a piece out of a senate report ... ya know .. from the Government

http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/ ... 2.htm#anc5

:wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Hmm Raiderdave, that seems awfully lot like an opinion. I'd say the AFLs opinion is different.

The fact is that the number of NSW kids playing ARs juniors has increased significantly. Whether they continue to follow the sport is up to them. Personally, I hope they just follow a sport in general, rather than on line gaming. Today's youth need all the healthy activities they can get.
an opinion .. from the Govt
& I'd have no doubt the AFL's would differ .. as their system is blatantly fudging the facts & inflating their success

I fear the Govt's position may prevail when it comes to federal funding one day soon

dimmerswitch .. we want money
Govt .. ditch the ausfudge as part of your numbers
dimmerswitch ... no
Govt.,.. F off then wombat

RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Raiderdave wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

Oh THAT biased piece of crap. That lot were going out of their way to dictate terms to the AFL and shut down GWS and replace it with a team from Tasmania. So that was a biased report designed to misrepresent Sydney playing numbers and put Tasmania on a pedastal. That's all it was and everyone in the office of AFL NSW/ACT knows it. The committee was a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

But then I would expect that from a brainless goof like you, Dave.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NSWAFL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

Oh THAT biased piece of crap. That lot were going out of their way to dictate terms to the AFL and shut down GWS and replace it with a team from Tasmania. So that was a biased report designed to misrepresent Sydney playing numbers and put Tasmania on a pedastal. That's all it was and everyone in the office of AFL NSW/ACT knows it. The committee was a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Yes all the talk about Tasmania made it pretty clear what the motivation of the report was.

What I find funny is they comment on the type of supporter the auskick participants will become. Who gives a fuck what they think about what auskick kids will eventually support! The afl are promoting their game from the ground up. They are encouraging kids to get outside and have a go at a sport! Where is the harm?

The AFLs numbers show auskick is growing. whether some numbers include kids who registered and who no longer took part in the program has little relevance. What's important is that the numbers of kids considering ARs is growing and fast.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Not only that, the majority of those who play competitively up to Under 12 football come from Auskick. It's why the 86,000 number is significant. The natural drop off (in any sport not just AFL) comes in the teen years.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

aawwwww .... the truth hurts does it
as soon as anyone or anything says it like it is

its biased
fact is AFL is going woefully in NSW .. QLD & the ACT

& no amount of turd polishing from the AFL will change that fact
who would then be surprised when the NSW arm of the ministery of lies .. comes out with bull honey story after bull honkey story

its hilarious :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

Yes all the talk about Tasmania made it pretty clear what the motivation of the report was.

What I find funny is they comment on the type of supporter the auskick participants will become. Who gives a **** what they think about what auskick kids will eventually support! The afl are promoting their game from the ground up. They are encouraging kids to get outside and have a go at a sport! Where is the harm?The AFLs numbers show auskick is growing. whether some numbers include kids who registered and who no longer took part in the program has little relevance. What's important is that the numbers of kids considering ARs is growing and fast.

none
just don't include them as players .... as they are not , they become a player when said ausfudge participant commits to the sport via a club

all the AFL ausfudge figures prove .. is they are fixing more fences .. sealing more playgrounds .. at more schools .. to get more clinics .. to claim more players .. to claim growth

anyone who claims this as real growth .. is a deluded fool. :wink:

the Govt was quite right to question the AFL & its shonky practices
well done to them =D> =D> =D> =D>

Bull Honkey central is the AFL :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

I was reading the contributions by Xman and NSWAFL, and then we have two burps that wrecked rational debate.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Raider Dave you are hereby formally instructed to provide bona fide evidence of Auskick figures being "fudged", or I will be seeking the administration to have you banned for defaming the Auskick program in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. This evidence must be outside of your own experience and must not consist of your own opinion. Is that clear?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

What I find funny is they comment on the type of supporter the auskick participants will become. Who gives a **** what they think about what auskick kids will eventually support! The afl are promoting their game from the ground up. They are encouraging kids to get outside and have a go at a sport! Where is the harm?The AFLs numbers show auskick is growing. whether some numbers include kids who registered and who no longer took part in the program has little relevance. What's important is that the numbers of kids considering ARs is growing and fast.

none
just don't include them as players .... as they are not , they become a player when said ausfudge participant commits to the sport via a club

all the AFL ausfudge figures prove .. is they are fixing more fences .. sealing more playgrounds .. at more schools .. to get more clinics .. to claim more players .. to claim growth

So auskick aren't playing a sport? If you don't include the auskick numbers the figures are incorrect because they do not include kids trying afl under the age of 12.

The auskick numbers prove kids are trying ARs. Some will continue with it. Others won't. Either way many more kids are giving the game a try.

Great stuff! =D>
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
Raider Dave you are hereby formally instructed to provide bona fide evidence of Auskick figures being "fudged", or I will be seeking the administration to have you banned for defaming the Auskick program in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. This evidence must be outside of your own experience and must not consist of your own opinion. Is that clear?

hereby formally instructed eh ... 8-[

that sounds serious :-k

how bout you hereby formally ........... shut the f.uck up :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

none

So auskick aren't playing a sport? If you don't include the auskick numbers the figures are incorrect because they do not include kids trying afl under the age of 12.The auskick numbers prove kids are trying ARs. Some will continue with it. Others won't. Either way many more kids are giving the game a try.

Great stuff! =D>
then organise comps through clubs for them if they wish to continue after their initial ausfudge experience .... & count them as players
not hard
RL has been doing it for only 100 years :roll:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

As has been pointed out, the sentate report is ridiculous. Fancy a senate committee trying to tell the AFL where to base a new team. Good on the AFL for ignoring these silly senators from Tasmania with their biased, factually incorrect report.