Up Down Up Down

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Up Down Up Down

Post by Beaussie »

You've no doubt noticed the continuing problems phpbbstar.com are experiencing of late with uptime and downtimes. I do apologise for the lengthy downtimes. From what I can gather it is a case of teething problems with the new server.

Fingers crossed that the problems of late are corrected. I've no doubt that phpbbstar are trying their very best to correct the bugs in the system. Cheers for your patience.
Harold
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Harold »

Beaussie, is there a reason that the forums have been showing critical errors the last few days, as well as for a period last week? Is this something that you are able to fix, or do we just accept it as a part of life?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Harold wrote:
Beaussie, is there a reason that the forums have been showing critical errors the last few days, as well as for a period last week? Is this something that you are able to fix, or do we just accept it as a part of life?
I'm really sorry to everyone here. Sadly, the continuing problems are out of my hands as they are problems experienced by our forum host phpbbstar.

I understand your frustrations. I myself have lost patience with phpbbstar and we will soon be moving to a new paid forum host. I anticipate we should be with our new host by the end of the week. I hope you can be patient whilst the move to a new server takes place. I'll keep you all posted of when our move has been completed.

Thank you all for your patience.
Harold
Team:

Post by Harold »

Will we still be able to access the site through www.talkingfooty.tk, or do I need to memorise a new address? Will we need to re-register, or do our accounts transfer across?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Harold wrote:
Will we still be able to access the site through www.talkingfooty.tk, or do I need to memorise a new address? Will we need to re-register, or do our accounts transfer across?
I'm going to register a new domain name, something hopefully like www.talkingfooty.com.au, but I'll also keep the redirection domain of www.talkingfooty.tk

There will be no need to re-register and all posts will remain as I'm getting a back up copy of this site as we speak. :wink:
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Tell our current provider that they are fuckers who should fuck merkins up the arse fuck fuckers and good riddance fuckers!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Now now Crocman, whilst we have had many problems with downtimes, our current host has always been most helpful. particularly now as we are in the process of changing servers.

I have now registered the domain name www.talkingfooty.com

Wont be long now till we are on a new server and the problems of the past are exactly that, a thing of the past.

Thank you to everyone for your patience throughout this process.