More Indigenous Window Dressing

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

More Indigenous Window Dressing

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well what can Grim say? Once your make it as a non-elected representative on the National Indigenous Council the world is open for all opportunities....good to see that using a token figure to promote more token services is the only career they can get away from football.

And what he is an ambassador for? Is he off to the UN to resolve the Middle East situation next?

O'Loughlin appointed Indigenous ambassador

An AFL player has been appointed as the newest Indigenous ambassador for the Commonwealth Department of Human Services.

Sydney Swans footballer Michael O'Loughlin joins three other ambassadors, including former rugby league player Arthur Beetson and women's touch footballer Bo de la Cruz.

Minister for Human Services Joe Hockey says the ambassadors will visit regional and remote Indigenous communities to promote awareness of government services, including Centrelink and Medicare.

Mr O'Loughlin says he is looking forward to his new role and will make his first visit tomorrow to Albany in southern Western Australian.

"It's actually going to be a work expo and just be making sure [they know about] the services that are available to these people, that they probably don't know about," he said.

"Hopefully I'll get a good response because it's in WA territory and I'm not too sure they like Swans people there that much, so that's going to be very interesting."
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Arthur Beetson alone would have been sufficient.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Um Grim, I think you'll find I'Loughlin has never been appointed to the National Indigenous Council. Well done to the bloke on being appointed an ambassador for the Dept of Human Services. Arthur Beetson is so yesteryear.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I stand corrected Beamerican, with so many self appointed 'leaders' out there you lose track after a while...of course I should have soad Adam 'Crybaby' Goodes. The term ambassaor is stupid for O'Loughlin....all he is doing is being a glorified Aboriginal Liasion Officer promoting services by the Government which are non crap....

As for Beetson who is he?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Oh now I know who this Beetson puppet is!
This is a good article by Stephen Hagan and the problem with those Uncle Toms out there.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Just when you think the racial vilification laws in our national football codes are working effectively, along comes another racist outburst. South Sydney Rugby League Captain Bryan Fletcher’s recent racist verbal spray of “black c***â€Â
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Dean Widders =D>
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Dean Widders..pffft!
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

I guess sending Michael O'Lachlan to WA instead of getting a local person is great for publicity. As for Arthur Beetson and Bo De La Cruz, most West Aussies don't know who they are...stupid ppl in goverment..
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

They may as well just get Humphrey B Bear..
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

Grim Reaper wrote:
They may as well just get Humphrey B Bear..
too true...
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

lol ... humphry was downed by some Koori kids years ago at the then Redfern Mall (Surry Hills Mall nowdays) and well vouched to never return :lol: