atmosphere is building in England

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: atmosphere is building in England

Post by Raiderdave »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
If you "couldn't" get into AFL there's something wrong with you,

no theres something right with him & anyone who rejects this bumbling crap ( which means everyone on earth except half of this nation :wink: )

it is an abortion

a joke

which has most people from overseas who watch it .... laughing asking are these blokes serious ? :?>
I have had people from OS make fun of being an Australian based on this national embarrassment of a sport

keep your Victorian garbage sport
no one else wants it :cool:
Way to ignore the excitement being created from all over the world, .
excitement being created all over the world ? 8-[

for fumble bumbleball ? :?>

:(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it can't even create excitement in the bigger half of the only country its played in you monga fuckstick :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiniest sport on the planet

tis fumbles n bumbles :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:

no theres something right with him & anyone who rejects this bumbling crap ( which means everyone on earth except half of this nation :wink: )

it is an abortion

a joke

which has most people from overseas who watch it .... laughing asking are these blokes serious ? :?>
I have had people from OS make fun of being an Australian based on this national embarrassment of a sport

:(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it can't even create excitement in the bigger half of the only country its played in you monga fuckstick :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiniest sport on the planet

tis fumbles n bumbles :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

And don't it hurt that the BIGGEST club in RL heart land (Sydney) is a club from this tiny Sport The Swans - largest average home crowd, largest budget, largest membership and largest sponsorship, and it hurt don't it Raider(I look up kids on the net)Dave!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:

it is an abortion

a joke

Yup! I just skimmed You Tube trying to find the commercial that demonstrates my point but I couldn't find it. It shows - for example - an American football player laughing until he sees a mighty collision (Nick Riewoldt flipped up and over IIRC) which impresses the heck out of him.

Wouldn't impress you of course, because you hate the game so much as it's popularity scares you.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think this is an interesting point crapper. If I can enjoy my sport what does it matter if one is bigger than the other. I play baseball yet I'm not concerned that it isn't the biggest sport in this country . So why do nrl people concern themselves with afl expansion and growing popularity ? It is not as if the nrl is going to go away. I would think the nrl should be concentrating on making their game the best it can be. Not to worry about whether it is bigger than the afl. A classic example was the tv rights deal. It seemed more important to try and get near what the afl got that they screwed the game and viewers over. Look at the afl, they took less money to ensure tv coverage on every state and in qld and nsw the local game was on fta. Keeping their gf on its traditional spot instead of trying to maximize tv ratings. Control of scheduling in the afl hands etc etc. I think the nrl should now focus on improving the game and the rest will follow. It is what the afl had done and look at the success they have had.
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Phelpsy wrote:
I think this is an interesting point crapper. If I can enjoy my sport what does it matter if one is bigger than the other. I play baseball yet I'm not concerned that it isn't the biggest sport in this country . So why do nrl people concern themselves with afl expansion and growing popularity ? It is not as if the nrl is going to go away. I would think the nrl should be concentrating on making their game the best it can be. Not to worry about whether it is bigger than the afl. A classic example was the tv rights deal. It seemed more important to try and get near what the afl got that they screwed the game and viewers over. Look at the afl, they took less money to ensure tv coverage on every state and in qld and nsw the local game was on fta. Keeping their gf on its traditional spot instead of trying to maximize tv ratings. Control of scheduling in the afl hands etc etc. I think the nrl should now focus on improving the game and the rest will follow. It is what the afl had done and look at the success they have had.
Agree entirely Phelpsy but we will inevitably get a KE saying this is fight club - both can co-exist and people can enjoy both - it's only certain fans who put me off RL at the moment
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I'll watch nrl. I follow storm and if collingwood aren't playing and it's not a blockbuster afl game, I'll flick over to the storm to watch a bit. I like it when a try is scored and it can be quite exciting when this occurs. Because I wasn't grown up on the game I find all the stuff in between a bit boring. Same as nrl people can find afl a bit boring in parts. Totally expected.
Veni, vidi, vici
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by pHyR3 »

THat's probably the best comment i've heard from an afl supporter on the forum phelpsy. Agree with what you said about the NRL needing to make the game the best it can be. And the nrl probably should have gone for less money and a simulcast TV broadcast, ratings would have gone through the roof. Who wants to watch a delayed broadcast on sunday or an delayed game on friday that starts at 9:30pm. And not to mention the fact people cant even watch 4 games that are on FOX if they don't have it.

The AFL, with equal popularity, will make more money on TV than the NRL as it's more conducive to ads. Just like the NBA and NFL would (although they've taken it to a whole new level).
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:

it is an abortion

a joke

Yup! I just skimmed You Tube trying to find the commercial that demonstrates my point but I couldn't find it. It shows - for example - an American football player laughing until he sees a mighty collision (Nick Riewoldt flipped up and over IIRC) which impresses the heck out of him.

Wouldn't impress you of course, because you hate the game so much as it's popularity scares you.

8-[
that's an add .. made by the VFL
full of actors

being paid to look impressed
that's your example ? :?>

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG
where does one go with that :-k

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
retardation
its outta control with this lot :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

pHyR3 wrote:

The AFL, with equal popularity, will make more money on TV than the NRL as it's more conducive to ads. Just like the NBA and NFL would (although they've taken it to a whole new level).
well broadcasters see it differently

the NRL was valued way more then the VFL by broadcasters because its on for a third less time
so shows a lot less adds
yet got more money :?>

& way more on a minute by minute basis

why
because its watched by more veiwers & considerably more in the key markets in NSW & QLD
the VFL suffers & will continue to
because it is watched by virtually no one on TV in these places

the next TV / media deal will see the NRL clear out of sight of the VFL on a dollar basis as it will no longer be tethered down by the F&L clause , & continues to dominate the ratings where they matter
the VFL will continue to be numb 2 :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

the NRL was valued way more then the VFL by broadcasters because its on for a third less time
so shows a lot less adds

why
because its watched by more veiwers & considerably more in the key markets in NSW & QLD

the next TV / media deal will see the NRL clear out of sight of the VFL on a dollar basis as it will no longer be tethered down by the F&L clause , & continues to dominate the ratings where they matter
Considering the AFL got 1.25 Bil for their rights 12 months before the NRL got 1.1 Bil - and AFL TV ratings got more than NRL I think your assessment is really speculation and not a prediction!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

so shows a lot less adds

why

Considering the AFL got 1.25 Bil for their rights 12 months before the NRL got 1.1 Bil - and AFL TV ratings got more than NRL I think your assessment is really speculation and not a prediction!
:(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol:
so few words ( all spelt correctly for once :lol: :lol: )
so much wrong :(/ :(/ :(/

VFL 1.25 Bill
NRL 1.3 Bill

VFL ratings for 2012 123 Million
NRL 134 Million

if you consider theres 207 games of fumbles & bumbles at 3 hrs of coverage a game X 5 years
that's 2970 hrs of coverage for 1.250 billion dollars
or
$400,000 an hour

the NRL has 2000 hrs divided by 1.3 Billion
or
$650,000 an hour
a far more valuable commodity :wink:

end of folks
end of :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

All the media releases I have seen show NRL TV rights at 1.1 Bil if you have a link then supply it - the AFL also has a separate internet rights agreement so if your adding this it would be manipulating the argument.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
All the media releases I have seen show NRL TV rights at 1.1 Bil if you have a link then supply it - the AFL also has a separate internet rights agreement so if your adding this it would be manipulating the argument.
ah no dickhead

150 Million of the VFL's deal was the online rights
1.1 Billion was the TV deal including 1 billion cash & 100 million contra

the NRL's was 1.025 Bill TV including 950 million in cash & 75 Million contra
180 Million .. naming & online
100 Million NZ

we win
end of :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Take away New Zealand, Dave, you cheat! And don't include online either because that has nothing to do with TV!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

He's manipulating it again - AFL got more 12 months earlier. Ends there!