The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: The No.1 Football Code In Australia

Post by Swans4ever »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
The Age
" The Swans membership of 31,866 includes fewer than 20,000 of the old-fashioned member types with more than 7000 Sydney fans having three-game memberships. North Melbourne have only about 8000 11-game members.

Geelong also added three-game memberships this year and more than 1000 Cats fans have taken them up. In addition, the Cats offer Melbourne four-game and country five-game memberships, which count towards their overall tally.

Within football there are whispers about some clubs offering memberships to sponsors in contra deals that beef up membership figures artificially. Collingwood is the example given most frequently, with representatives of three clubs suggesting the Magpies had given away significant numbers of three-game memberships to Westpac staff as part of a new naming rights sponsorship for their Swan Street training base.

''It's pretty shameless the way they've done it,'' one club official said. ''I'd be surprised if they are the only ones but the scale of it is impressive.'' A top man from another club agreed: "It's not unusual. A lot of clubs are doing it and the benefits are obvious," he said. ''We don't run around like some clubs handing out a thousand memberships to sponsors here and there."

Collingwood admitted to The Age that memberships were included in the Westpac deal but would not say how many."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... -v4od.html
welcome to 5 years ago :lol:
1st Swans membership is almost 48k. - second there are 11400 of those Melb based - Clubs do hand out memberships BUT these are not counted in the membership total and if I'm wrong don't think it is also not happening in the NRL - lastly whether it's 11 game or 6 game or 3 game membership - it doesn't matter they are still members and are counted in both codes - their fans are still reaching into their pockets. Lastly Collingwood easily have the largest average crowd (H & A) in Australia for any club in any code - they also have over 73k members so your argument really isn't that strong!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol x 1000000000000
You fail at comprehension yet again .
& basic English .

Firstly ..
The media companies are not outplaying billions on buying or supplying ratings boxes .
They outlay billions on the results that the boxes provide .
Lol you're thick
This is what I posted

Media companies outlay billions using the info off the ratings boxes .
So many Lols

Now for your 2nd mistake .
You claimed there are 4800 thousand
Which equals

Make up your mind .

Or get someone with the IQ above that of a houseplant to check your post before you submit it .
well you obviously wouldn't be one :)))

the TV companies when choosing to give out those rating boxes complete surveys then choose to distribute the rating boxes to which ever basement dwelling looser that watches the most TV during the week, so then the TV companies can then go to the advertisers & claim we have so many hundred thousand people watch out network

ya gotta love how the ratings work for the NRLOL, apparently so many people watch it, yet they are never to be seen at games, their non broadcast revenue is pathetic & sponsorship levels are behind the AFL

so keep living in your little bubble spazza :)))
Firstly why did you ignore your 4800 thousand claim you made .
Once again shown up as an idiot ,then ignore what you posted .

Secondly what planet are you on .

Your theory is laughable .
According to you .
Tv stations hand out ratings boxers to select people .
Knowing that they will watch certain programs .
Then try to leverage advertising dollars off companies with these fake numbers .

Here's where your theory is as about as relevant as all your other bizarre claims .

So once a tv channel has put out fake ratings to show how popular a program or sport is ,they then have to fork out hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the rights to that sport .
Why would they artificially inflate the popularity of a sport when it will drive the price up ?
According to you they are paying big overs for something they know doesn't rate well ,but they lied about that so they could outlay far more than it's worth .

You sir are fucked in the head
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol x 1000000000000
& basic English .

Firstly ..
The media companies are not outplaying billions on buying or supplying ratings boxes .
Lol you're thick
This is what I posted

So many Lols

Which equals

Make up your mind .

Or get someone with the IQ above that of a houseplant to check your post before you submit it .

the TV companies when choosing to give out those rating boxes complete surveys then choose to distribute the rating boxes to which ever basement dwelling looser that watches the most TV during the week, so then the TV companies can then go to the advertisers & claim we have so many hundred thousand people watch out network

ya gotta love how the ratings work for the NRLOL, apparently so many people watch it, yet they are never to be seen at games, their non broadcast revenue is pathetic & sponsorship levels are behind the AFL

According to you .
Then try to leverage advertising dollars off companies with these fake numbers .

Here's where your theory is as about as relevant as all your other bizarre claims .

So once a tv channel has put out fake ratings to show how popular a program or sport is ,they then have to fork out hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the rights to that sport .
Why would they artificially inflate the popularity of a sport when it will drive the price up ?
According to you they are paying big overs for something they know doesn't rate well ,but they lied about that so they could outlay far more than it's worth .

BUMP.

Any AFLol fans willing to discuss dumbos Ratings box theory ?

He seems to have done a runner again .
Come back dumbo ,
I have replied to your theory yet now you are MIA.

🤣
Xman wrote
MissPenny
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Collingwood

Post by MissPenny »

Piss off Spazza, not only are you a troll, but a wingeing troll at that...are you 12 years old?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

MissPenny wrote:
Piss off Spazza, not only are you a troll, but a wingeing troll at that...are you 12 years old?
Piss off dimwit .
Your dumbo fumbler mate stated some crap about how ratings boxes work .
I replied & showed just how moronic the theory was .
Suddenly he doesn't want to discuss it anymore .
:_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> .

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
MissPenny wrote:
Piss off dimwit .
You only keep showing want a negative cenile jealous old troll you are!

So your totally convinced 4800k rating boxes accurately reflect what 23 million people watch on TV :(/
Yet when you back this up to the sporting codes revenue streams the nrlol are next to the a league and afl decades ahead
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Swans4ever wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
The Age
" The Swans membership of 31,866 includes fewer than 20,000 of the old-fashioned member types with more than 7000 Sydney fans having three-game memberships. North Melbourne have only about 8000 11-game members.

Geelong also added three-game memberships this year and more than 1000 Cats fans have taken them up. In addition, the Cats offer Melbourne four-game and country five-game memberships, which count towards their overall tally.

Within football there are whispers about some clubs offering memberships to sponsors in contra deals that beef up membership figures artificially. Collingwood is the example given most frequently, with representatives of three clubs suggesting the Magpies had given away significant numbers of three-game memberships to Westpac staff as part of a new naming rights sponsorship for their Swan Street training base.

''It's pretty shameless the way they've done it,'' one club official said. ''I'd be surprised if they are the only ones but the scale of it is impressive.'' A top man from another club agreed: "It's not unusual. A lot of clubs are doing it and the benefits are obvious," he said. ''We don't run around like some clubs handing out a thousand memberships to sponsors here and there."

Collingwood admitted to The Age that memberships were included in the Westpac deal but would not say how many."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... -v4od.html
welcome to 5 years ago :lol:
1st Swans membership is almost 48k. - second there are 11400 of those Melb based - Clubs do hand out memberships BUT these are not counted in the membership total and if I'm wrong don't think it is also not happening in the NRL - lastly whether it's 11 game or 6 game or 3 game membership - it doesn't matter they are still members and are counted in both codes - their fans are still reaching into their pockets. Lastly Collingwood easily have the largest average crowd (H & A) in Australia for any club in any code - they also have over 73k members so your argument really isn't that strong!
You said lastly twice. I thought it was finally over and you started up with your ramblings again. - You tease.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
MissPenny wrote:
Piss off dimwit .
You only keep showing want a negative cenile jealous old troll you are!

So your totally convinced 4800k rating boxes accurately reflect what 23 million people watch on TV :(/
Yet when you back this up to the sporting codes revenue streams the nrlol are next to the a league and afl decades ahead
Stop deflecting from what you claimed .

your ratings box theory is laughable & self Ownage at its best .
When I showed Just how ******** your thinking was. You suddenly don't want to discuss it anymore .
As usual when you are shown up as clueless ..

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol x 1000000000000
& basic English .

Firstly ..
Lol you're thick
This is what I posted

So many Lols

Which equals

Make up your mind .

According to you .

So dumbo .
On topic .
Please reply on topic ,without the deflection .
I have highlighted your claim .
Also highlighted my answer .

I'll wait for your explanation of why tv execs want to use fake or dodgy ratings to bump up the price of the sport they are going to buy .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Is this the begining of the end for the AFL or is this the end of the begining?

Highest footy crowd for Melbourne isa a Rugby League match :?>
Highest ratings for Melbourne is a Rugby League Match ?

And on Sunday ,the Storm will get there highest ever ratings in Melbourne Wow

Whats happening!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Dunno what to add to the above, the world is about to end seems quite apt at the moment tho :shock:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote:
Is this the begining of the end for the AFL or is this the end of the begining?

Highest footy crowd for Melbourne isa a Rugby League match :?>
Highest ratings for Melbourne is a Rugby League Match ?

And on Sunday ,the Storm will get there highest ever ratings in Melbourne Wow

Whats happening!
I would believe that if our crowds weren't increasing and they were at NRL levels - I seem to remember the then ARL had a 88k crowd at the G then the next year it fell to 50k! One game once in a while is not doomsday for the AFL - just reflects that SOO is really the flagship of the NRL and the club comp just a laughable side side. Good luck with your 3 game season!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Most of that happened around the super league war, not using that as an excuse much s4n, but it was different times remember and Rugby League was eating itself. These days we have a Melbourne side playing in the comp and has outlasted so far all the naysayers, so it is what it is.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Most of that happened around the super league war, not using that as an excuse much s4n, but it was different times remember and Rugby League was eating itself. These days we have a Melbourne side playing in the comp and has outlasted so far all the naysayers, so it is what it is.
making the finals almost every single year hasnt hurt
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

True, just like the col in Sydney aye.

Meanwhile it's ok for you to gloat, you have eddie everywhere while Sydney"s equivalent in Parramatta are still in their 80's slumber :(