The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Post by NlolRL »

Briandi01 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm
So, facts are..

1. AFL executives admitted to inappropriate relationships with young women.
2. Said AFL executives stand down.
3. AFL head reiterates what the organisation stands for and backs the move by the two execs to stand down.
4. NRL gender advisor says the AFL are wrong!

So, AFL execs fall on their sword because their behaviour does not align with AFL values. However, if they were NRL execs, everything would be sweet. So as the opening title says,the AFL are Leaders in treating women.
Excellent point. Here we have tossballers claiming their code is somehow morally superior, yet the NRL have said they wouldnt have acted on the issue anyway :rofl:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
So many lols .
If the aflol didn't beat it's chest continually about how great they are tackling issues such as racism woman's issues etc ...then they wouldn't set themselves up for a fall
If your projected image is to be morally superior to your competitors then you will be laughed at when the inevitable happens .

There's also the issue of sweep sweep hush hush .
This would have never seen the light of day if not leaked to the media.

The hypocrisy of this mob is laughable
They care about the IMAGE ....not following what they preach ...unless there's no other choice

The NRL doesn't do the same .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Sounds like the afl are acting like a business.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:27 pm
Lol
So many lols .
If the aflol didn't beat it's chest continually about how great they are tackling issues such as racism woman's issues etc ...then they wouldn't set themselves up for a fall
If your projected image is to be morally superior to your competitors then you will be laughed at when the inevitable happens .
sounds like the AFL have set higher standards than the NRL when it comes to staff behaviour. They cant control their staff's every move but they can act when they step outside those expectations.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol no they can act when the cats out of the bag .
Other wise it's sweep sweep

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 pm
Lol no they can act when the cats out of the bag .
Other wise it's sweep sweep
more assumptions. Maybe the cat got out of the bag because the AFL were investigating it and the media caught wind of it........

Either way, our code doesnt tolerate that from our leaders, while your code....... :roll:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaa. Assumptions
Lol
What planet are you on .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm
Bhaaa. Assumptions
Lol
What planet are you on .
one with oxygen, unlike you
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

So, facts are..

3. AFL head reiterates what the organisation stands for and backs the move by the two execs to stand down.

So, AFL execs fall on their sword because their behaviour does not align with AFL values. However, if they were NRL execs, everything would be sweet. So as the opening title says,the AFL are Leaders in treating women.
Hi Brandi,
So the REAL facts are:

Catherine Lumby is the NRL gender advisor. Yep, advisor. She advises when asked. She is contracted out to do some programs as an advisor. She is not on the NRL management team. She does not formulate or regulate policy - she advises. She does not hear or hand down penalties for any perceived or actual indiscretions by any person. Most importantly she does not speak on behalf of NRL management.

Your straw man argument is burning in the field. All NRL senior executives keep their pants on around junior female staff.

Fumblehouse senior executives rank junior female employees on a 1 to 10 basis on looks. Fact. They then bed them whenever they can in some sort of perverted high end game. Fact. They then get sacked when the media find out. Fact.

Don't deflect Brandi. If you want to defend the mad rooting AFL executives just do it. Don't bring an innocent organisation into it ya dill with some deferred logic. Don't work pal.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: The AFL Leaders in treating women

Post by King-Eliagh »

So, facts are..

Ahhh briandi? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

There's one thing you haven't pinpointed in ur snotty nosed lil list of points there so I thought I'd add it in for you bro :cheers:

5. Referring to the senior execs who undoubtedly abused their position and authority over young female employees for sexual gain, AFL CEO Gil says, and I quote
i feel confident they'll get another chance... I don't look at them in any different way. They are friends of mine
Ahhhhh that's better now ain't it just? :cool: Yep that's ur ceo right there boys :(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Briandi01
Team: Saints
Been liked: 0

Post by Briandi01 »

Perhaps full context might help.

Whilst referring to them as friends, he said also said....

“Clearly every culture is a work in progress. We’ve got two guys who have made mistakes and I think they have taken complete accountability. Culturally I think that is significant,” he said.

“I’m very close friends with both these men and there’s an element of clear disappointment, but I accept that people make mistakes and they have owned them in a very full sense in the last few days

“I know the industry is forgiving. They are high quality people and unbelievable executives.

“I feel confident they’ll get another chance.”

Gil has a duty of care to all involved and is conscious of the fragile state of all parties. To be seen to pillory them publicly is a dangerous thing.

Until we hear from the young women involved, speculating the execs abused their position and authority over young female employees is just a massive assumption (and frankly demeaning to the women involved). There has been no suggestion of this anywhere to date.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The problem is that the executives are in s position of power and whether the women consented or not is not the point here; it is that it needs to be seen as right and when you have such an unbalance of power the assumption can always be, whether correct or not, that that power was abused. It's like a psychologist having a relationship with a client ... no matter who instigated it the psychologist is always in the wrong as it is an inequitable relationship to begin with.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

Briandi01 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 pm
Perhaps full context might help.

Whilst referring to them as friends, he said also said....

“Clearly every culture is a work in progress. We’ve got two guys who have made mistakes and I think they have taken complete accountability. Culturally I think that is significant,” he said.

“I’m very close friends with both these men and there’s an element of clear disappointment, but I accept that people make mistakes and they have owned them in a very full sense in the last few days

“I know the industry is forgiving. They are high quality people and unbelievable executives.

“I feel confident they’ll get another chance.”

Gil has a duty of care to all involved and is conscious of the fragile state of all parties. To be seen to pillory them publicly is a dangerous thing.

Until we hear from the young women involved, speculating the execs abused their position and authority over young female employees is just a massive assumption (and frankly demeaning to the women involved). There has been no suggestion of this anywhere to date.
It's incredible how this dill can blindly defend the actions of these blokes including silly Gilly. All based on assumption and then try and bring another organisation into it for deferred blame to take the spotlight of the disgusting behaviour of fumble house.

It must be a terrible burden to be an AFL zealot and to have to blindly defend every single action no matter how vile or repulsive. Thank God I don't inhabit that bubble.
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

Not like those "young women" involved were innocent. They want equality, we will treat them as such.
EST. 1870
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

To me, it is about being in a position of power and the need to be seen doing the right thing. If the woman refuses or breaks it off (or a man in a subordinate position) do they fear retribution in their job? The boss comes onto you and implied, stated, or otherwise ... there could be a fear of say losing your job. This is the issue. Of course, junior worker gets in with the boss and can manipulate the situation. In both cases it is up the the senior person to not let this happen.
Veni, vidi, vici