TRADE WEEK

Australian Football news and discussion.
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

TRADE WEEK

Post by boof1978 »

Hi all, news from SA for the start of trade week is quite big. News is the Edward's Wife V McLeod's Wife feud continues and could spill over causing one of the two players to leave. The mail is McLeod will go to Brisbane in exchange for J Brennan, J Sherman or C Wood plus draft picks. Other one is Skipworth to the Kangaroos for draft picks, unlucky after winning the Jack Oatey Medal for BOG of SANFL Grand Final. Wouldnt mind a McLeod - Tarrant swap...........
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

McLeod should leave the Adelaide COWS as they are a crap team. Why play for a team that has that Hewitt wanker as it's main ticket holder.
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by boof1978 »

fair enough Grim. Also heard Van Berlo and draft pick for Daniel Wells.
The Portonian
Team:

Post by The Portonian »

Couldn't see Edwards being offloaded, he is more valuable to the Crows than McLeod is, equally as productive with the ball, harder working, less injury prone. However, I don't think Adelaide will get rid of McLeod in this draft week either, they'd want to keep him if they can and would only let him go if this "feud" can't be resolved. Good reason to never let wives play a part in a football team eh? *snickers*

Brennan would be the best shot for Adelaide to try and get if they were to let McLeod go, a spring heeled defender much in the mold of a very young Ben Hart and does have the potential to also play a key role up forward if needed...and with Henschel out for next year, might very well be a part of Adelaide's thinking. Personally, Brennan is the type of player I'd love to see at Port (although we have nothing enticing enough to trade for him anyway), he just has that spark quality and really needs to be at a team where he can cement a place and be a team leader.

Wells is on the rumor mill eh? Sheesh, I would've thought that the Kanga's would never let that kid go...too much talent, but then, he has underachieved a bit considered how highly he has always been rated.

I reckon anyone who looks to pick up Tarrant (probably Freo the way things are looking, they seem keen and want to develop a three man frontline attack) will be absolutely wasting their time. Tarrant is amongst the all time laziest footballers I have ever seen. No doubt that he has talent, but it takes more than just talent to be a true success in this game. Tarrant has no commitment to the team or game, is far too lazy and just doesn't put in the effort week in, week out, for the money he gets paid. Collingwood will do well even if they get a 2nd round draft pick for him, chance at a new kid, eager to play and work had to develop their talent...not a wasteful twit like Tarrant has been for the bulk of his career.