Chris Johnson - What a Sook

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Chris Johnson - What a Sook

Post by Beaussie »

Fox Sports wrote:
Fans show 'lack of compassion'
By Darren Cartwright
August 15, 2005
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 11,00.html

BRISBANE defender Chris Johnson said Sydney fans were ignorant and showed a lack of respect for Lions club champion Nigel Lappin when he suffered a serious season-ending injury during yesterday's loss at Telstra Stadium.

Tests last night were expected to confirm Lappin had broken his left leg when he landed heavily after a marking contest at the 19-minute mark of the last quarter of yesterday's 84-point loss to the Swans.

While the reigning club champion was waiting to be driven off on a stretcher and was being attended to by club medical staff, the 43,000 fans began a Mexican wave which circled the ground about eight times and ceased soon after play restarted.

"It was disappointing to see that," Johnson said.

"It just showed a lack of sympathy or compassion for a great player.

"I think if it happened in another state it would have been different and they may have clapped him off or something."
So the Sydney fans had a bit of fun with the mexican wave during a long break in play. Fair dinkum, Lappin WAS clapped off the ground. What else did Johnson expect the Sydney fans to do? Sit there in silence whilst waiting for the stretcher to come out? :roll:

The game was already well and truly over anyway and Brisbane's negative flooding tactics throughout most of the game were hardly crowd inspiring. In any case, we had fun and the atmosphere was great, get over it Johnson.

P.S. I wonder what Johnson's view of the Lions supporters cheering as Riewoldt left the field earlier in the season was, particularly when Scott and Michael were continuing to hit an obviously injured player? What a hypocrite. :roll:
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by big tommy »

They don't call the city Sin-d-nee for nothing.

May God have mercy on this modern hell-hole!
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
Glasgow Celtic
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chris Johnson - What a Sook

Post by Glasgow Celtic »

Beaussie wrote:
Fox Sports wrote:
Fans show 'lack of compassion'
By Darren Cartwright
August 15, 2005
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 11,00.html

BRISBANE defender Chris Johnson said Sydney fans were ignorant and showed a lack of respect for Lions club champion Nigel Lappin when he suffered a serious season-ending injury during yesterday's loss at Telstra Stadium.

Tests last night were expected to confirm Lappin had broken his left leg when he landed heavily after a marking contest at the 19-minute mark of the last quarter of yesterday's 84-point loss to the Swans.

While the reigning club champion was waiting to be driven off on a stretcher and was being attended to by club medical staff, the 43,000 fans began a Mexican wave which circled the ground about eight times and ceased soon after play restarted.

"It was disappointing to see that," Johnson said.

"It just showed a lack of sympathy or compassion for a great player.

"I think if it happened in another state it would have been different and they may have clapped him off or something."
So the Sydney fans had a bit of fun with the mexican wave during a long break in play. Fair dinkum, Lappin WAS clapped off the ground. What else did Johnson expect the Sydney fans to do? Sit there in silence whilst waiting for the stretcher to come out? :roll:

The game was already well and truly over anyway and Brisbane's negative flooding tactics throughout most of the game were hardly crowd inspiring. In any case, we had fun and the atmosphere was great, get over it Johnson.

P.S. I wonder what Johnson's view of the Lions supporters cheering as Riewoldt left the field earlier in the season was, particularly when Scott and Michael were continuing to hit an obviously injured player? What a hypocrite. :roll:

:D hhmm get over it. so opposition fans are supposed to have sympathy for a oppostition players eh? fucking bollox man opposition fans being sympathetic to an opposition player cos he's injured. :D

you can't make these afl clowns up i tell ya :(/
the english monarchy are good for only one thing, TARGET PRACTICE!

Image Image
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chris Johnson - What a Sook

Post by Beaussie »

Glasgow Celtic wrote:
:D hhmm get over it. so opposition fans are supposed to have sympathy for a oppostition players eh? f****** bollox man opposition fans being sympathetic to an opposition player cos he's injured. :D
I can't believe I'm agreeing with you here, but I tend to agree. :shock:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Do you think those living on Falls Road give a flying fuck about the other side?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Do you think those living on Falls Road give a flying f*** about the other side?
Huh? Falls Road? You've completely lost me. :?
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Geez Beaussie - get some sense of history and current affairs about you would ya.

Indigenous Australians aren't the only people in the world struggling for self-determination.

The Falls Road is the main Catholic road in Belfast as the Shankhill Road is the main prod street.

Do you need any other lessons my friend?
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
Glasgow Celtic
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Glasgow Celtic »

crocodileman wrote:
Do you think those living on Falls Road give a flying f*** about the other side?
we hate the "other side". they're justa bunch of british b#$trds
:mrgreen:

NO SURRENDER TO THE CROWN

Image Image
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

big tommy wrote:
The Falls Road is the main Catholic road in Belfast as the Shankhill Road is the main prod street.

Do you need any other lessons my friend?
Oh ok, thanks for the history lesson. That should be sufficient for the time being. What the hell has this Irish crap got to do with footy anyway?
Glasgow Celtic
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Glasgow Celtic »

Irish crap
watch what you say there son.......

NO SURRENDER TO THE CROWN

Heaven is in the falls, Hell is the shankill...

Image God bless the falls

Image Image
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Glasgow Celtic wrote:
Irish crap
watch what you say there son.......
Or what? :roll: