16 Year Hoo Doo Broken

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

16 Year Hoo Doo Broken

Post by Beaussie »

Woo hoo. Go you Swans, 16 years of being beaten by Essendon in Melbourne has come to a halt.

You still think Sydney can miss the finals Croc? :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 16 Year Hoo Doo Broken

Post by Beaussie »

Beaussie wrote:
You still think Sydney can miss the finals Croc? :lol:
No comment hey Croc. Typcial, and explains your reluctance to have a wager with me on this very issue. Here I was thinking KE was the chicken shit, full of hot air around these parts. :roll:
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Hold on Beaussie, I asked you to offer me odds and I would have considered it - however they would have needed to be huge because they were on 11 wins. 12 wins usually guarantees a finals berth, although with their percentage they are not solid just yet. You did not get back with any odds and so there was no prospect of a bet. Who's fault was that?

I never said in that thread that they wouldn't make the finals, only that they hadn't yet made it. I do stand by my assertion that they will not have any impact in the finals and if they are there, they will merely be making up the numbers.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
I never said in that thread that they wouldn't make the finals, only that they hadn't yet made it. I do stand by my assertion that they will not have any impact in the finals and if they are there, they will merely be making up the numbers.
Maybe not that thread but numerous other posts by you have suggested the Swans would be no chance of September action. How silly do you look now?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Please show me a post where I said they (the Swans) had "no chance" of playing finals?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Please show me a post where I said they (the Swans) had "no chance" of playing finals?
OK. How about this:
crocodileman wrote:
The Swans will not play in the Finals this year (or next) - their culture is all wrong.

viewtopic.php?t=646
Gee, who looks silly now? :roll:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
crocodileman wrote:
OK. How about this:
crocodileman wrote:
The Swans will not play in the Finals this year (or next) - their culture is all wrong.

viewtopic.php?t=646
Gee, who looks silly now? :roll:
Hold on a minute Beaussie - you are not posting the entire quote and are deceiving members and myself.

Why don't you post the quote (not part of the paragraph selectively chosen!) in its entirity? If you had, it would be obvious to all that I was referring to the Swans ability to win a Grand Final in your lifetime and I said it wouldn't happen.

The "Finals" I was referring to was "Grand Finals" over the years to come - not a pissweak qualifying Final in week 1 of 2005.

You should read the quote again and apologise for your deception. Earlier in the same quote I said that they would "probably" miss the 8 in 2005 - however "probably" is not "definately" and I cannot understand why you would want to try to misquote an inaugural member of this forum?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I think I've adequately explained myself in the other thread.

That aside, I thought this was an amusing post of yours from earlier in the season.
crocodileman wrote:
Tell ya what boys, Croc will put his reputation on Sydney not making the Top 6 teams and if they happen to scrape into the final, will be beaten in the first week.

viewtopic.php?t=471
Time will tell I guess. :lol:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
I think I've adequately explained myself in the other thread.

That aside, I thought this was an amusing post of yours from earlier in the season.
crocodileman wrote:
Tell ya what boys, Croc will put his reputation on Sydney not making the Top 6 teams and if they happen to scrape into the final, will be beaten in the first week.

viewtopic.php?t=471
Time will tell I guess. :lol:
Still quite a possible scenario Beaussie!!

Try tinkering with the predictions ladder on the AFL site and you'll see that it's still possible for the Swans to finish seventh or eight. In any event, they're rooted!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Try tinkering with the predictions ladder on the AFL site and you'll see that it's still possible for the Swans to finish seventh or eight. In any event, they're rooted!!
Rooted? :lol:

If that is indeed the case, then I hate to think what that means for the Lions. Your reputation around these parts is the only thing that is rooted.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Well I suppose Sunday will prove one of us right!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sheezus croc i cant believe this!!!.....but beaussie is giving you a thorough pasting! :lol:

Go the swannies

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?