West Coast and the SCG

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

West Coast and the SCG

Post by Beaussie »

The Swans are equal favourites for tomorrows blockbuster against the Eagles. Who would've thought that when looking at the Eagles current record of 15-1?

For some reason the Eagles struggle on the smaller confines of the SCG and the news this week was that Subiaco had been set to the dimensions of the SCG as preparation for the game against Sydney.

I'm hoping Sydney proves once again to be the giant killers of the AFL. The game being at the SCG certainly helps. I'd almost give us no chance of beating the Eagles at Subiaco. The Swans record in the west is abysmal, however with tomorrows game in Sydney I'm confident of victory against the top of the table Eagles. Anyone rate the Swans a chance of toppling West Coast? Gotta shut down that Judd amongst others that's for sure.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

I tipped sydney...dont know why lol
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Like most tipsters you were on the money with Sydney.

I reckon Sydney's biggest test will be on Saturday night against the Crows. If the Swans can win over there I'd say we are a real chance for the premiership.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
I reckon Sydney's biggest test will be on Saturday night against the Crows. If the Swans can win over there I'd say we are a real chance for the premiership.
You fool. How quickly you are prepared to ignore the bleedin' obvious about your team Beaussie.

Should I pull up the things you said of the Swans in one of your rare moments of lucidity of late?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I realise what I said after the St Kilda game was way off the mark. However, the Swans are now playing a mix of attacking and defensive footy that sees them occupying 3rd spot on the ladder. As I said a win over the Crows this week, and even you'd have to agree the Swans would be a real premiership chance.

Roos seems to be getting the best possible results with his list. My previous comments about him and his coaching abilities really are embarrassing.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
the Swans are now playing a mix of attacking and defensive footy
Why is it that 4 of the losing teams from the weekend kicked more goals than the Swans but went down, yet you continue to say they are playing attacking footy. 13 goals is not attacking footy Beaussie.

You have eyes, but you cannot see!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I stand by all i have said about the swans and paul roos. He's still a dick in my eyes for making the schoolboy error of ever saying "we dont have the players to match it with teams on top of the ladder". Just ridiculous shit.

However, he does seem to be getting the best out of his chargers, who i must add are bloody good players. Also he is not an alcoholic like one lee mathews who really is struggling to get the best out of his so called 'star studded' lineup.

At this point i'd like to ask croco a few questions. Croc did you once say the swans wont make the eight this year? :lol: And croc tell me your thoughts on what wins footy games. Defense or attack? :lol:

When you have a backline like the swans you dont need to kick more than 13 goals to win numnuts! :lol: But on the other hand if you have a backline like the kittens from brisbane you need to kick close to 20 to win now dont you.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
the Swans are now playing a mix of attacking and defensive footy
Why is it that 4 of the losing teams from the weekend kicked more goals than the Swans but went down, yet you continue to say they are playing attacking footy. 13 goals is not attacking footy Beaussie.

You have eyes, but you cannot see!
I can see clearly. Sydney, 3rd on the ladder charging towards the finals. To win games of footy you need a combination of defence and attack. Pretty obvious I know. 13 goals was enough to defeat the Eagles. Sydney being only the second team this season to achieve such a feat.

How about your previous comments earlier in the season where you said the Swans would not make the Top 8. You must feel pretty silly now hey?