Swans to have 6 captains?

Australian Football news and discussion.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Swans to have 6 captains?

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

I heard on the radio that the Sydney Swans coach has decided to appoint 6, yes 6, captains to be rotated in fortnightly periods for the remainder of the season. The only player who caught my ear was Adam Goodes.

Is this true, and what are people's thoughts on this strategy? Does it have the potential to destabalise things?
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

SMH wrote:
Swans to rotate AFL captaincy
May 11, 2005 - 4:50PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Swans- ... 21272.html

Sydney will rotate its captaincy between six players for the remainder of the 2005 AFL season after Stuart Maxfield stood down last week.

Apart from Brett Kirk, who has already led the team twice this season, the other members of the Swans leadership group who will captain the team for two weeks at a time are Leo Barry, Jude Bolton, Adam Goodes, Barry Hall and Ben Mathews.

Kirk will lead the team on Sunday against Port Adelaide.
I would have much preferred Kirk just being named as full-time captain. Not sure at this stage what effect the decision will have on the team. Hopefully it might see those 6 getting involved even more to prove their captaincy credentials.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Another Roos hair-brained scheme!

SIX bloody captains? You'd be pissed off if you didn't get a guernsey, wouldn't you? :roll: