Richmond A Real Surprise

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Richmond A Real Surprise

Post by Beaussie »

Along with the Western Bulldogs, Richmond have been a real surprise in 05. Still can't get over how they thrashed Carlton yesterday. Will the Tiges make the 8?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

No way, they win a few games and then thier so called supporters jump on the bandwagon only to vanish when they strat losing again...It happened in 1993 when they got in the finals and it will happen again!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah must admit they have a huge bandwagon. Watch them come out in huge numbers this week against the Wobbles. And Victorians have got the hide to say Sydney is just one big bandwagon club. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I'm a bandwagoner and proud of it :D . When my teams playin' shit i say "go and get fuuucked you bunch of hopeless fools. I'm not coming to your party 'cause you're not cool". But when they're hot well its different then. I think bandwagoners are cool :cool:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Richmond A Real Surprise

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
Will the Tiges make the 8?
No!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I'm a bandwagoner and proud of it :D . When my teams playin' shit i say "go and get fuuucked you bunch of hopeless fools. I'm not coming to your party 'cause you're not cool". But when they're hot well its different then. I think bandwagoners are cool :cool:
Wow, such loyalty to your team. I'm sure every club would love a supporter like you. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Wow, such loyalty to your team. I'm sure every club would love a supporter like you. :roll:
What i wonder is the correlation between what clubs think about their supporters and what their supporters think their support is doing for their club. Not loyalty...my loyalty is intact and has been always, i've never sprouted on forums that i would change teams. I know you comprehend beaussie. One point i'd like to make though is I am not a bandwagoner for the swans, but for the Eels. With the swans i will turn up on totally odd occasssions that dont relate to how the team is performing at all. I reaaly enjoy afl live as a spectacle but dammit i do love to see the swans get up too. On the other slice of the cake i cannot stand seeing parra lose and wont watch them at the ground unless they are playing the brand of footy i know they can. Quite interesting in my eyes really and i believe it definitely relates to how good afl is to view live compared to league.....and consequently how good league is to watch on tv compared to afl. All in my eyes though as i know i'll have some diehard supporters/detractors from these statements.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Supporters are the lifeblood of footy clubs. Put simply, without them you don't have a club.

A lack of loyalty sees teams struggle even more in tough times and in extreme cases even relocate or fold all together. Do you comprehend that?