Bye Bye Thorpie

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Bye Bye Thorpie

Post by crocodileman »

Ian Thorpe has jst announced he plans to rest from competition in 2005. Clearly, this is the beginning of the end for him, having lost that competitive desire to continue the humdrum and tough grind of training.

He has many other interests and opportunities open to him at the moment - swimming doesn't dominate his life anymore.

By January 2006, he'll be that fat and sluggish he won't be able to dominate the sport anymore. He already has the build that is saying "I'll be a fat nobody by the time I'm 30!" - big boned, poor posture and a big fat head.

Thanks for the memories Thorpie, you goose. Good luck with your pearl necklaces. And oh, time to come out of the closet and be honest about your sexuality!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

My understanding is that he is just taking a break to be prepared for the 2008 Olympics where he'll no doubt be hard to beat again.

I agree with you though Croc that he should just come out of the closet.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I think people should bloody give up telling thorpie what to do about coming out with his sexuality. He can choose what he wants to!!! You dont see Growler coming out about his relationship with his 54kg doberman bitch now do you!!!!

But seriously why does he have to tell everyone?? We already know, does he have to make some public announcement like its something special? THe sooner people dont have to make some big announcement they are gay, the closer we will be to a more equal society without fat thugs named peter aka EvilGrowler feeling the need to make up for their cowardice by belting them up on the streets.

Thorpie taking a rest? Hmmn you could be right croc, its touch and go if you ask me, although i reckon beaussie could be right, he's definitely not going to be an easy beat if he does come back.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

I hear he is a distant relation of EG, so he'll blow out to 220kgs within 3 months of taking a break.

Latest reports have Thorpie at a pet shop enquiring about buying a doberman pup.

The rest, they say, is history!
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

Tell him it's fully sick.
Dave.

You may be only young once, but you can be immature forever.
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

Well he has got the most medals or something like that in the olympics so he only needs to beat his high score.. sorta like KE and the arcade, these's no challange anymore...
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thats exactly right pickles. I truly know how thorpy feels. Its not easy being a champion and The All Time Greatest. There are alot of pressures on people like myself and ian thorpe. If only the commoners and less athletic would understand..... :|

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Thats exactly right pickles. I truly know how thorpy feels. Its not easy being a champion and The All Time Greatest. There are alot of pressures on people like myself and ian thorpe. If only the commoners and less athletic would understand..... :|
yeah, thats good... by the way the names footygeek not pickles ;)