AFL ANZAC DAY - Got My Tickets.

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

AFL ANZAC DAY - Got My Tickets.

Post by Fred »

Got my tickets - booked my flights - and heading south in April taking my Son as a treat.

Heading to night game on the 24th which appears to be making its own tradition - meant to be quite the spectacular at night under lights re: pre game entertainment.

Then off in the morning to the Dawn Service at the Shrine of Remembrance to pay out respects.

The a function at AIA complex at 12pm for 2 hours - 2 course and and drinks supplied (would want to be)

Then off to the game across the road.

Couldn't get tickets through ticketek as sold out in 5 minutes when opened to general public so had to go through a tour operator - thinking some serious gauging going on to be honest.

Anyway - flying business class down on Virgon - will hit the lounge nice and early at Brisbane and get my full :)
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:33 am)
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: AFL ANZAC DAY - Got My Tickets.

Post by Beaussie »

Hope you have a great footy trip away with your son Fred.
These users liked the author Beaussie for the post:
Fred (Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 am)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: AFL ANZAC DAY - Got My Tickets.

Post by Fred »

Was a great day - actually whole week was amazing - father son bonding time. The game was great of course - the lunch before hand at AIA training centre, the darn service in the morning at the shrine. And Melvourne even turned on the weather - no rain and sunshine (and still cold but in a nice, tug yourself up way) and the autumn leaves lay golden brown in the parks grounds and on the tress/. And the food, the lanes ways, the coffee - amazing. And food relatively cheap and high quality. Did the DaVinci exhibition at the Lume, state library, visited the shrine and shed a tear, and hit lygon street and watched the footy. Not to forget the Anzac eve game - the pre game stuff was amazing. And business class there and back just topped it off. Will be back next year for sure.
Veni, vidi, vici