AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Billions of$$$$ are spent acquiring by rights to these sports ..mainly on the ratings provided by these companies .

How foolish are these companies to not work out the fumble theory .

Why take notice of the ratings when we have our very own expert here .
He will tell you black is white
Right way up is upside down
& throw in a bit of maths .
Absolute nut job
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 pm
Ill answer .
That's not how it works
The ratings are for the game .
Do viewers switch off after 2 hrs ( lol they should ..an afl game is usually just about over by HT.)

No it's the whole game .
It's how ratings are measured .
You just can't accept that .
You're the only nutjob who keeps ranting about the 1.5 x theory .
It's not I repeat .its NOT how ratings work .
How ratings are measured and how they should be interpreted arent the same. Ch7 will not value 30 minutes of home and away as the same as 3 hours of AFL if their ratings figure are similar.

Its ridiculous to suggest 6 hours of NRL should be worth 1.5 times 6 hours of AFL, which is what you guys are doing.

I, as an AFL fan, need to watch 24 hours of AFL in a weekend to be counted the same as an NRL fan watching only 16 hours. That is completely unrealistic given 21 of those hours dont even involve my team.

I know you think these are comparable conditions, but in reality the amount of sport people watch will be determined by how much time they have available. These conditions mean AFL fans need to allocate more time to watching TV, and less time to other things, just to be counted the same.

Add to that, as an AFL fan, i cant even watch all 27hours even if i made time, because almost all games are shown at the same time.

Comparable conditions? Not even close!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am
Terry wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 am
What are you on about pal??? You're still hiding in the bushes too scared to answer the AFL 2017 v AFL 2018 tv ratings question.

Which while I'm on it: Wookie has confirmed on his other site that AFL on Fox is down 13% this year. When pushed he reluctantly admitted FTA is down 18%........yep........that's 18%. If you take out the 2 weeks of the Comm games it is still down 13%.

Any comments pal?? By anyone's reckoning these are massive drop off's - hundreds of thousands of viewers each & every week. Grow a set of kahuna's pal and answer this simple question: Why the catastrophic drop off??
You are bling. I discussed that issue days ago
This is how you 'discussed' it on the NRL ratings thread:

"You really think im going to attempt a serious discussion on why our ratings are down on here? Hahahahaha"

"thanks for proving my point. There's no way you clowns are mature enough to enter a discussion like this, hence I wont even bother"

So......you've discussed how you won't discuss it lolololololol!!!!!!! You've hoisted the white flag......thrown in the towel.....hightailed it to the jungle......run for ya life lolololololol!!!!!!!

You spend hours, days, weeks, months, years filling threads with your mad theories over and over and over again trying to tell us why AFL ratings are actually more than what are published.

Yet when you get a direct AFL v AFL comparison you refuse to discusss it.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see lolololololololol!!!!!!!

You may as well move on pal. You're done!!!!!
I discussed my view in the "ugly" thread on the fight club board
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:29 pm
Billions of$$$$ are spent acquiring by rights to these sports ..mainly on the ratings provided by these companies .

How foolish are these companies to not work out the fumble theory .

Why take notice of the ratings when we have our very own expert here .
He will tell you black is white
Right way up is upside down
& throw in a bit of maths .
Absolute nut job
The ratings results are only part of the story and would never be the only factor used when networks value a program. Unless theyre all moronic RL fans
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm
Ill answer .
That's not how it works
Do viewers switch off after 2 hrs ( lol they should ..an afl game is usually just about over by HT.)

No it's the whole game .
How ratings are measured and how they should be interpreted arent the same. Ch7 will not value 30 minutes of home and away as the same as 3 hours of AFL if their ratings figure are similar.

Its ridiculous to suggest 6 hours of NRL should be worth 1.5 times 6 hours of AFL, which is what you guys are doing.

I, as an AFL fan, need to watch 24 hours of AFL in a weekend to be counted the same as an NRL fan watching only 16 hours. That is completely unrealistic given 21 of those hours dont even involve my team.

I know you think these are comparable conditions, but in reality the amount of sport people watch will be determined by how much time they have available. These conditions mean AFL fans need to allocate more time to watching TV, and less time to other things, just to be counted the same.

Add to that, as an AFL fan, i cant even watch all 27hours even if i made time, because almost all games are shown at the same time.

:(/ :(/ :(/
Oh my
You come up with a looney theory then accuse us of using it .
Get help .
Quickly
You are a fucking nutjob .
We are mocking your theory .
Not using it .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am

You are bling. I discussed that issue days ago

"You really think im going to attempt a serious discussion on why our ratings are down on here? Hahahahaha"

"thanks for proving my point. There's no way you clowns are mature enough to enter a discussion like this, hence I wont even bother"

So......you've discussed how you won't discuss it lolololololol!!!!!!! You've hoisted the white flag......thrown in the towel.....hightailed it to the jungle......run for ya life lolololololol!!!!!!!

You spend hours, days, weeks, months, years filling threads with your mad theories over and over and over again trying to tell us why AFL ratings are actually more than what are published.

Oh yes. My apologies.....you had a moment of clarity amongst the fog of mad theories & lunacy. So basically the ratings have fallen off a cliff because of the bog ugly nature of the game. Yep, I agree. Well said pal.

The question is it has been a catastrophic drop - 13% on Fox and 18% on FTA - so how do you arrest this and try to woo back the millions of viewers you have lost? And how can you possibly get any international traction with a game so aesthetically horrid to watch?

I mean what is the point of going to China when the local's will just shake their collective heads and wonder what the hell Aussies see in this inglorious mess. Or worse just laugh their heads off.

What will save your game pal? Please discuss.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

both games are 80mins long>
1 has 2 halves
1 has 4 quarters

if you want to have a word to AFL management about less breaks and shortening of game from 3 to 2
by all means email info@afl.com.au
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 pm
Ill answer .
That's not how it works

No it's the whole game .

Oh my
Get help .
Quickly
Not using it .
woooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :[]
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm
both games are 80mins long>
1 has 2 halves
1 has 4 quarters

if you want to have a word to AFL management about less breaks and shortening of game from 3 to 2
by all means email info@afl.com.au
dear oh dear ](*,)

AFL games add time off which means the quarters go for 30 minutes. The NRL doesnt
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Oh yes. My apologies.....you had a moment of clarity amongst the fog of mad theories & lunacy. So basically the ratings have fallen off a cliff because of the bog ugly nature of the game. Yep, I agree. Well said pal.

The question is it has been a catastrophic drop - 13% on Fox and 18% on FTA - so how do you arrest this and try to woo back the millions of viewers you have lost? And how can you possibly get any international traction with a game so aesthetically horrid to watch?

I mean what is the point of going to China when the local's will just shake their collective heads and wonder what the hell Aussies see in this inglorious mess. Or worse just laugh their heads off.

What will save your game pal? Please discuss.
I'm glad ratings have dropped so far, because the AFL will now be forced to listen to the fans. Almost 2 decades ago the game's best coaches began introducing defensive tactics used successfully in other sports such as soccer, which has gradually resulted in a drastically inferior version of the game. It's now nothing like what you would see in local competitions. Personally I find many of AFL games very difficult to watch because they are so riddled with error due to heavy congestion and pressure. I would rather go and watch a local footy game.

Other than a few minor rule changes the AFL have basically left the game to evolve on it's own, hoping the coaches would develop countering tactics to improve flow and increase scoring. However, the move towards defence at all costs has proven so successful every team now prioritises congestion and pressure over scoring. IMO significant rule changes are needed to return the game to the flowing version most fans really want.

Aussie rules isnt the only game that has required rule changes to address aesthetic issues.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Well said pal. 100% correct. I really can't see the game taking off anywhere out of it's heartland whilst the top tier is played in the dour, error riddled, congested fashion it is.

The problem is how do you now put the genie back in the bottle?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:33 pm
Well said pal. 100% correct. I really can't see the game taking off anywhere out of it's heartland whilst the top tier is played in the dour, error riddled, congested fashion it is.

The problem is how do you now put the genie back in the bottle?
good question. There are many possible rule changes that could help reduce congestion, but now coaches know that congestion and high intensity pressure wins games they will adapt their tactics as best as possible to compensate. One consideration is reducing interchanges drastically to only a few per quarter. This would mean players will be too fatigued to continue following the ball up and down the field creating congestion, due to lack of rest on the bench. This would then result in an open game similar to what we saw in the 90's and early 2000's.

However, there is the potential coaches will then only recruit players based on their endurance rather than skill, returning the game to running and congestion. Therefore I think more drastic rule changes are required
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Oh my
Get help .
Quickly
Not using it .
No whooshing you fucking nutter
You are the only one applying some loony theory then post we are using it

It's probably way too late but get help
I'm serious
You really need it .
Last edited by AFLcrap1 on Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Oh my
Get help .
Quickly
Not using it .
No whooshing you fucking nutter
You are the only one applying some loony theory then post we are using it

It's probably way too late but get help
I'm serious
You really need it .
woooooooooooossssssssssssshhhhhhhhh again. Read the post again moron