Australias Greatest Sporting Event!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Australias Greatest Sporting Event!

Post by pussycat »

Origin = Melbourne (319)
House Rules = Melbourne (298,000)

probably due to steaming . PTV is more popular in Sydney so I guess steaming is also.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Brisbane almost matched Sydney for ratings. Wow, there are certainly issues with RL in Sydney from this year's ratings. Sydney's RL following doesnt even get close to matching Melbourne's following of AFL
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 am
Brisbane almost matched Sydney for ratings. Wow, there are certainly issues with RL in Sydney from this year's ratings. Sydney's RL following doesnt even get close to matching Melbourne's following of AFL

Really? how many AFL games will getting ratings of 989k in Melbourne this year? [-(

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:27 am

Really? how many AFL games will getting ratings of 989k in Melbourne this year? [-(
so you're happy that your biggest game of the year wont break 1m in Sydney? Im certain ours will in Melbourne with a smaller population, as Brisbane nearly did for the SOO last night. Again, what is wrong with Sydney?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:41 am

so you're happy that your biggest game of the year wont break 1m in Sydney? Im certain ours will in Melbourne with a smaller population, as Brisbane nearly did for the SOO last night. Again, what is wrong with Sydney?
Some Fans get the $hits when none of there team members make the state side
and refuse to watch..

FOR EXAMPLE SOUTHS AND PARRAMATTA 2 of Sydney's biggest clubs did not have players
in either QLD OR NSW

that is only the excuse I have that and maybe digital viewers were big

also records can not always be broken..
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by dogmaniac »

Sydney game 2 will be a sellout...guarantee it. AFL has big crowds in melbourne as it is cold as fuck and they all huddle together like penguins to create warmth. simple. hehehe
Bulldogs: new breed , new title!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

dogmaniac wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:38 pm
Sydney game 2 will be a sellout...guarantee it. AFL has big crowds in melbourne as it is cold as fuck and they all huddle together like penguins to create warmth. simple. hehehe
I thought cold weather was one reason NRL fans didnt go to their games. Now it's a reason for going
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:41 am

:rock: Game 2 :rock: Game 3 :rock: Grand Final

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

wow didn't know the Union 03 final got this kind of figure in Sydney Metro.

#MASSIVE
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

State of Origin didn't even sell out. I went to the game & there was a lot of empty seats.

Imagine the AFL Grand Final not selling out!!? It just wouldn't happen even if GWS played Gold Coast
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The year that Origin was played at the MCG, the AFL Grand Final got more but it certainly wasn't a sell out. a couple of events got bigger crowds that year.

Or Pete , are you talking about a Shanghai style sell out.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:14 pm
The year that Origin was played at the MCG, the AFL Grand Final got more but it certainly wasn't a sell out. a couple of events got bigger crowds that year.

BS The AFL GF sells out every single year. A sell out means no tickets are for sale
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:30 pm
pussycat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:14 pm

1 event got more - not a couple - and the difference was less than a thousand - Man City v Real Madrid pulled 99,382, AFL GF pulled 98,633.
Thanks for clarification Wookie. So the AFL came 2nd that year. Ta.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Shows twitter interest in the last week
And if Nielson is true to form he treats Rugby League's club rounds and Rep matches separately. He also bases his finding on metro viewers only.

annual reports from both organisations makes it quiet clear which code is more popular on social media,

NRL: "The cumulative audience of 11 million people follow the game on social media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat across NRL"

AFL: "Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Weibo) up 30 per cent to more than two million followers"

Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

So what if some members dont show up to the Grand Final, its still sold out. For example if GWS played the Gold Coast the crowd would probably be only 95,000 cause a lot of members won show up because they wont care, but It is still sold out.
At the Rugby League the other night you could still get tickets to you so called greatest sporting event in Australia! HA