Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by pussycat »

Looks like being closer than first thought.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by Fred »

Afl nearly 5 mil up when comparing most watched in Australia ... is that right ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Add in crowds who are also watching and it just gets bigger.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Enjoy It while you can!

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

The dills are counting 41 more matches for fumbling than RL......lolololololololol.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

That's why cumulative is really meaningless in this situation. What is it for home and away season of both codes on averages?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I see where afl had 8 games a couple of weeks back (same as nrl) afl won that easily.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 am
That's why cumulative is really meaningless in this situation. What is it for home and away season of both codes on averages?
Wasn't it your suggestion Fred? [-(

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 10:51 am
Fred wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 am
Wasn't it your suggestion Fred? [-(
Yes it was. It was because RL beat fumbling year on year on aggregate numbers so Dr Fred badgered Wookie to add ratings from everywhere and anywhere to try to manufacture a FB win.

As with everything Fred does he didn't think it through. So we now have Wookie adding in 41 more games than RL at this stage of the season. The extra games account for about 8 mill ratings and of course Dr. Fred then subtracts about 2.5 mill NZ ratings. That's a turnaround of 10.5 mill extra numbers manufactured and contorted to favour fumbling thus far this season.

The problem for Fred is that his new inspired Fredcount means RL has an average of 499k viewers per game and FB 371k per game. And as the great dill says the average is more important - so it's a massive advantage to RL.

However after the SOO series and an entire World Cup played in Australia the number of games for RL will start to catch up to the fumblers. The subsequent ratings will give RL a massive win in both average, and as Dr Fred calls them, cumulative ratings for the year.

Good work Fred........your're an idea's man.....lolololololololololol.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Oh my. I have always said cumulative was no good however went with it as that what rl people wanted but said if you are going to include all rl games such as soo and tests then you need to include all Aussie rules games such as the women's comp. nines is included but not total games played ??

I am always happy to compare nrl home and away v afl home and away ... on cumulative (meaningless) and average. As I have said before, if nrl wins this on average I am happy to say nrl home and away is watched in tv more in Australia.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Fred wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 12:12 pm
Oh my. I have always said cumulative was no good however went with it as that what rl people wanted but said if you are going to include all rl games such as soo and tests then you need to include all Aussie rules games such as the women's comp. nines is included but not total games played ??

I am always happy to compare nrl home and away v afl home and away ... on cumulative (meaningless) and average. As I have said before, if nrl wins this on average I am happy to say nrl home and away is watched in tv more in Australia.
Averages which dont take into account the matches available to each market are also meaningless. I can only watch a maximum of 6 AFL games per weekend, for 18 hours viewing. Meanwhile NRL fans can watch all 8 matches for only 16 hours viewing. They watch less time yet are counted more often.

The only way to compare the codes is single game v single game played on the same format at the same time, which the majority happen to be on Friday night. This is both code's preferred time slot which contains their best matches, hence the Broncos dominate this fixture. We are currently winning this comparison 10 - 2

They do not like this :mrgreen:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yeah I agree but for the sake of it let's just do averages. Does it really matter at the end of the day? Compare afl and nrl home and away is the way to go. Now... do you average by rounds for the season or games across the season. Guess we could do both.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Listen to these two dills....... hilarious.......lolololololololo'ol. They, re both trying to manufacture a system to get fumbling over the line. They don't believe Wookies figures from last when he declared RL the winner. Infact Wookie doesn't even believe his own system anymore.......lololololololol. He's employed Dr Fred as his assistant......lolololololol.

Why don't you two dills just work out what confected system you want......... you know..... add here..... subtract there....... multiply anywhere........ and hey presto....... you manipulate a meaningless win for the great fumbling game. These two are better than Laurel and Hardy..........lolololololololololol.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:12 pm
Listen to these two dills....... hilarious.......lolololololololo'ol. They, re both trying to manufacture a system to get fumbling over the line. They don't believe Wookies figures from last when he declared RL the winner. Infact Wookie doesn't even believe his own system anymore.......lololololololol. He's employed Dr Fred as his assistant......lolololololol.

Why don't you two dills just work out what confected system you want......... you know..... add here..... subtract there....... multiply anywhere........ and hey presto....... you manipulate a meaningless win for the great fumbling game. These two are better than Laurel and Hardy..........lolololololololololol.
10-2 :\:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:20 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:12 pm

10-2 :\:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahah.......I'll leave it to you and Dr Fred to work out. Good luck and Gods speed!!!!!! Lolololololololololol