2016 - NRL - Rugby League Crowds and TV Ratings [Running season tally in OP]

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
Mal
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 0

Re: Fight Club: 2016 NRL Rugby League Crowds and TV Ratings [Running season tally in OP]

Post by Mal »

Xman wrote:
Mal, admit it, youre a dickhead. Why are RL able to include their regional audience, and still end up behind, but we arent allowed to include ours?
Gee Caitlan X.....Man it's hard work with you pal!! Who said you can't include your regional rabble ball audience? I'm not like you......I don't strike out anything that rabble ball gets........put it all in. The ratings are the ratings are the ratings.....you can't spin 'em and massage 'em like you do ya dill.......they're a factual set of numbers.

The way you're going with your strike out policy you'll end up comparing a 5 minute period in prime time on Friday night because it's the only time slot that rabble ball win!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL. Fair dinkum dill!!!!!!

:[] :[] :[] :[] :[]
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Re: Fight Club: 2016 NRL Rugby League Crowds and TV Ratings [Running season tally in OP]

Post by Xman »

didnt you just say I was making excuses about not including all our regionals? Make up your mind Mal

Now, you didnt answer my question earlier. What relevance is the ratings averages on the overall popularity when both codes have completely different scheduling arrangements?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Mal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mal »

Xman wrote:
didnt you just say I was making excuses about not including all our regionals? Make up your mind Mal

Now, you didnt answer my question earlier. What relevance is the ratings averages on the overall popularity when both codes have completely different scheduling arrangements?
Are you serious ya dill?????? How are averages relevant to overall popularity???? Don't you bleat and puff yaself up about rabble balls average crowds? Are you now telling me they are now irrelevant???? RL this year gets more viewers per broadcast on average than rabble ball.....fact.

So tell me the great strike it in or strike out man.......are you now adding average viewers to your ever growing strike it out policy??????? What a dill!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
[
I actually spelled it out more clearly in another post, but any way. How you think its in any way relevant is beyond me

Now, again, how is comparing your best rating home and away games to ours cherry picking?? You get to choose games from your entire season. It's not like we making a decision based on a single game or round.

This makes far more sense than averages when we only show 1 game nationally per week. Its like me excluding Brisbane from your ratings and claiming thats fair.
XMan , RL Vs AFL Ratings is a lot more than just Friday night. You do well in that timeslot, even allowing for the fact that that you don't show your bottom sides, But its just 1 match you have 9.

you have 4 FTA matches shown into Melbourne.
You have 4 sometimes 5 FTA matches shown into Adelaide,
You have 4 sometimes 5 FTA matches Shown into Perth.

RL has the highest rating match,
RL leads the averages,
RL leads the aggregates,
And none of your but, but, butting will change any of that.
Yes the game is a lot more than one night. However both codes rate their highest on Friday night so the comparison is obvious.

Your claim about averages is just BS and you know it. You have 3 FTA games a week shown nationally. We have 1 FTA game shown nationally

If NRL rated higher than AFL you would get higher audiences on Friday night. Thats basic common sense. Maybe thats what you lot are missing :(/

Didn't Wookie post the round averages on here 1 or 2 weeks ago? I'll tell you how it worked out, a comfortable win to the NRL on Averages -and your claim
"Your claim about averages is just BS and you know it. "
seems a little bit strange.

Surely it is better to do an average of all matches rather than just the Friday night match, the one where 30% of your teams are not allowed to be broadcast.
How did wookie's round average work out again :_<> :_<> :(/ ?

And our Viewers for the test the other week were 1.35 million in Australia alone, more than anything you've done on a Friday . And Wednesday week viewers will be much more again.

But, But But, But But, But But :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Mal wrote:
Xman wrote:

Are you serious ya dill?????? How are averages relevant to overall popularity???? Don't you bleat and puff yaself up about rabble balls average crowds? Are you now telling me they are now irrelevant???? RL this year gets more viewers per broadcast on average than rabble ball.....fact.

So tell me the great strike it in or strike out man.......are you now adding average viewers to your ever growing strike it out policy??????? What a dill!!!
Im asking you what the average proves, not whether its fact or not.

The AFL gets more viewers on average each Friday. The AFL also get greater average ratings on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturday nights.

What does this prove? Do RL fans prefer to go out on every day bar Sunday arvo and Saturday arvo? At the beach maybe?

Please explain to me the relevance of these FACTS
Last edited by Xman on Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
[
I actually spelled it out more clearly in another post, but any way. How you think its in any way relevant is beyond me

Now, again, how is comparing your best rating home and away games to ours cherry picking?? You get to choose games from your entire season. It's not like we making a decision based on a single game or round.

This makes far more sense than averages when we only show 1 game nationally per week. Its like me excluding Brisbane from your ratings and claiming thats fair.
XMan , RL Vs AFL Ratings is a lot more than just Friday night. You do well in that timeslot, even allowing for the fact that that you don't show your bottom sides, But its just 1 match you have 9.

you have 4 FTA matches shown into Melbourne.
You have 4 sometimes 5 FTA matches shown into Adelaide,
You have 4 sometimes 5 FTA matches Shown into Perth.

RL has the highest rating match,
RL leads the averages,
RL leads the aggregates,
And none of your but, but, butting will change any of that.
Yes the game is a lot more than one night. However both codes rate their highest on Friday night so the comparison is obvious.

Your claim about averages is just BS and you know it. You have 3 FTA games a week shown nationally. We have 1 FTA game shown nationally

If NRL rated higher than AFL you would get higher audiences on Friday night. Thats basic common sense. Maybe thats what you lot are missing :(/

Didn't Wookie post the round averages on here 1 or 2 weeks ago? I'll tell you how it worked out, a comfortable win to the NRL on Averages -and your claim
"Your claim about averages is just BS and you know it. "
seems a little bit strange.

Surely it is better to do an average of all matches rather than just the Friday night match, the one where 30% of your teams are not allowed to be broadcast.
How did wookie's round average work out again :_<> :_<> :(/ ?

And our Viewers for the test the other week were 1.35 million in Australia alone, more than anything you've done on a Friday . And Wednesday week viewers will be much more again.

But, But But, But But, But But :rock:
Same question for you. The AFL averages larger ratings on Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Saturday night. Can you explain why this is so if the NRL is more popular on TV?
Last edited by Xman on Mon May 23, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Also, the NRL have scheduled the Broncos, their biggest club by far, for 8 of the first 20 rounds. The warriors, storm and raiders are only seen once. 2 teams dont even appear to get a game.

So you can get stuffed with your 30% crap. Your comp heavily favours your biggest club for no other reason but ratings
Mal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mal »

Caitlan X.....Man, are you the greatest dill of all time??? What the hell are you on about. Fair dinkum mate it's ok to be a rabble ball zealot and try to pump up their tyres all the time but you just can't tell lies all the damn time. How many times have you been found out?? You're beyond compulsive......!!!!

I'll say it again ya dill........RL average more viewers per game than rabble ball....game per game comparison....now strike that out ya dill and go back to your 5 minute comparison "apples v apples" friday nights 9.15pm to 9.20pm....Or maybe find some other tiny metric that shows rabble ball in a favourable light. What a dill....!!!!!!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

but they average less on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturday nights, and Mondays. This leaves Saturday and Sunday arvo as the ony times the NRL averages more. I'd like you to attempt to explain how this is possible and what it means.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

We may need a staticition in here
Veni, vidi, vici
Mal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mal »

Fred wrote:
More like a psychiatrist for poor silly Caitlan X.........Man!!!!!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Mal wrote:
Fred wrote:
More like a psychiatrist for poor silly Caitlan X.........Man!!!!!
or maybe a surgeon who can extract your head out of your arse.

You claim I'm cherry picking by comparing games played under similar circumstances but when you're asked to look at more than the games averages you stick your head straight up your arse so you cant hear. You're a liar and a hypocrite
Mal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mal »

Are you for real Caitlan X......Man or are you a plant by Gilligan to talk rubbish about rabble ball?? You now want to cherry pick averages where your mob have hardly played a game.

It's the overall average that counts ya dill!!!!!! You're just a Joe Goebbels propagandist trying to muddy the waters with your obfuscation and lies.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
Also, the NRL have scheduled the Broncos, their biggest club by far, for 8 of the first 20 rounds. The warriors, storm and raiders are only seen once. 2 teams dont even appear to get a game.

So you can get stuffed with your 30% crap. Your comp heavily favours your biggest club for no other reason but ratings
And what 2 teams are those?

18 Teams , don't play 5 = OMG its 36% [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:

And what 2 teams are those?

18 Teams , don't play 5 = OMG its 36% [-(
3 of your teams only get one game though, so its virtually 30% for too. Add to that you have the broncos on about 40% of Fridays.

However, not showing the bottom 30% of teams would only affect the average, not the peak which is where you are well down